Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My revelation about 'boosting'

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

My revelation about 'boosting'

You know, I keep hearing lvl 56ers complain about 'boosters'. You know, for us people that are WAY below lvl 56, this would be a valid argument IMO. But in reality, for lvl 56ers, boosters shouldn't be a problem.

If you honestly earned your position at lvl 56, no hacks, no boosts (which is what I'm trying to do...I know I friended kira XP, but only for unlimited smoke/toob/nade games), you SHOULDN'T have a problem w/ boosters. i mean, you've had the friggen upper class weapons much longer than anyone else.

Now, I want your opinion.

In the [+] clan, just a simple clan (we don't take things uber seriously, we just play for the heck of it), we're boosting a lvl 19 to maybe 30. I'm not sure.
    He's demonstrated skill upon picking up our silenced anovas and terras. He's quite good at it. He single-handedly took out the Black Box by himself (we defended him) when he picked up the masty.

Again, I don't know what level he's going to boost at, but w/e. For (some of) you lvl 56ers out there complaining (esp those who boosted), just be quiet. You're the best of the best already. One booster shouldn't be a problem to you, because YOU boosted.

P.S. I view boosting WAY DIFFERENTLY than hacking.
    Last edited by Epsil0n; 12-13-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: clarification of point.
    [+]EPS!PEPSI Level 42 GE FC: 527 730 217 990 Please PM if you're going to add me!

I want pancakes.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    trololol what the hell is "boosting"?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Getting XP from a hacker to rank up quickly. EG, getting 2000XP a kill instead of 5XP a kill.
    Goldeneye FCs: (PM me if you want to add any)

Yosh!: 1346-2654-5671 (Sixers and IV Profile)

Luke/E7: 2208-7320-1186 (E7 Profile, my main alt)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Actually, in our case, we were going to make alt. accounts and have our friend dominate us. No hacking.
    [+]EPS!PEPSI Level 42 GE FC: 527 730 217 990 Please PM if you're going to add me!

I want pancakes.

Member #
    Friends
    2161-9680-4816-0000
    I think it all comes down to how seriously one takes a video game. In the name of fair sport, you can argue that it is morally wrong to cheat to increase your ranking on the leaderboard. It is not fair to the players who earned their position on the leaderboard by playing within the rules. This brings the question to mind: what is considered within the rules? Where do you draw the line?

I believe Epsil0n is talking about a form of XP farming. That is one example of exploiting the rules of GE. You can also level up all your weapons and then reset your proficiencies and do it all over again, again and again. Are these within the rules? Well, Activision's final product lets you do it.

Then, you have the players who are not hackers, but will play in hacked lobbies to increase their XP. After that, you have the hackers themselves.

But, in the end, it all comes down to how seriously you take playing GE. How much does your position on the leaderboard really impact your life or the lives of others. It is, after all, only a video game.
    Splash_King likes this.

The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Aside from agreeing entirely with Bosco's post, the only problem I have with boosting is ruining matches if they take it to public servers and such; which people often do, even when they have a choice of a private match. In some games, it's a relative inconvenience, but in others it's just a pain in the ****ing ass or downright infuriating. For example, in CoD, boosters nab themselves free kill streaks; unearned air support to terrorize other players that want no part of their boosting and since they are hiding, often don't have the opportunity to prevent said kill streaks. In Red Dead Redemption, players can vote to kick others and with enough votes, said player is kicked. After waiting for a minute or two, entering a lobby of boosters only to get kicked (and possibly unintentionally entering again) is a minor inconvenience.

In short, I've no issue with boosters or even XP hackers; it's their choice, and such a choice doesn't give them the proper ability to wield the best weapons right off the bat. Therefore, unless a game's weapon system is broken, it's not like they're a problem to handle. I'll only get annoyed with 'em if they drag other people into (or kick them out of...) their business.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Boosting is ****ing lame. I can almost always tell a booster from a true 56er. It just pisses me off some lamo gets the Masterson and Proxies and plays like a complete tard. Ive played for almost a year now and still only at 48. But thats all my points that Ive earned 5 at a time... and often I dont play much... Not enough to hit 56 any time soon...

I guess on the plus side they're easy to kill and snatch up their Masty or whatever guns I don't have yet. Other than that hackers and such, pretty much completely waste my ****ing time. Esp when you leave a hacked match to find another and then get thrown back in the exact same match five times in a row.

Member #
    Friends
    0007-0007-0007-0007
    How do you reset your proficiencies?
    Koopa - Be prepared to kill plumbers!

Member #
    Friends
    you take your game out and break it in half. jk
    Frank Castle:FC:3150-6164-5492 Lvl 56 AKA The Punisher AKA Punisher X AKA frankncastle

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Right before you enter a match tap A (pause) as fast as you can. You have to hit it at the right moment, so-they-say right after the countdown during the quick black screen before the match begins. Also it seems to only work if you're playing regular conflict.

I did it once but its not worth it... All your pros are reset including weapons and abilities. I really didn't want to do it, but I was curious if it was just a hoax so I tried it but always in Heroes and it never worked. Then one day I tried it on Conflict and what-do-you-know it worked. I regret it... And as Ive said before, I do believe when you gain pros, your weapons "work" better. Like COD

Do you really wanna go into battle with a goddamn AK-47 and go through the pros again with all the complete shit guns?... The Sig, the Vargen, the shitty snipers and all the handguns to earn a little extra credit? In reality, you can gain far more XP just playing normally. For example, if you have to redo the pros for the Sig. Youre game is going to be very poor. Just to earn a few miniscule bonuses you're going to die a lot, your stats are going to drop and you're probably not going to get any good streaks. However if you're playing with your high level weapons like normal your going to get 1,000 XP per match. Resetting just does not add up and its a pretty dumb scam.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads