Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Advice for newer players looking to legitimately gain xp

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    here is another little tip for those of you unable to unlock any good defensive options at lower levels:

'the sniper loadout' - this is the only loadout that will allow you someform of protection. in this case its the kevlar vest (armour/bullet proof vest). all you have to do is pull out your pistol and pick up any automatic weapon (ie any sub-machine gun/assault rifle) that happens to be lying around.

as a noob i took full advantage of this- normally not for my first death as there arent any guns lying on ground at the start lol.

great thread for the new players and those slightly more experienced ones who are still open to learning

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I used the AK ACOG for a while on my alt. for a good challenge. Its a lot of fun. I even noticed a couple times others would start using it after a few matches and specifically come after me to duel it out with AKs. I thought it was funny to see other players had this same loadout. The AK is awesome at close from the hip.

^ Dont recommend sniping without a silencer until you get the duel loadout whatever its called gadget. Sniping without a silencer is just asking for it. Unless thats what you want lol

Member #
    Friends
    troll, hey.

no you missed my point.
    as a new player you dont want the sniper loadout for the rifle- its for the armour, hence you do it after game is underway and switch to a fallen weapon ASAP.

Member #
    Friends
    I've got a few tips.
    1. One tip while sniping is that don't stay zoomed in for too long, look around you every few seconds. I have gotten countless kills against people oblivious to me.
    2. I'm not sure if anyone's said this already but listen for footsteps, there's no better feeling than putting someone who was trying to sneak up on you down.
    3. Also if you do choose to snipe without a silencer make sure you move around every few kills, keep the enemy guessing where you are.
    4. Know your maps, know them like the back of your hand (actually i did a science fair project on this and it turns out most people cannot tell the back of their own hand from someone else's with a similar skin color).
    5. In some maps there are some popular areas where there are usually some people know the best way to get to these people and take them out.
    6. Know your weapons, know the limitations and capabilities of your weapons, and preferably most of the popular weapons.
    Online name: xplode[E7]
    GE freindcode: 3545-8357-8321

LVL: 34

Number 1 GE Wiimote User TampaBondo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8297-0574-6373-3839
    Hey xplosive - good call-out on #2, listening for footsteps...this goes for all sounds in the game.

I am lucky enough to have surround sound installed in my living room when I play, so hearing even the most subtle things has definitely saved my butt a lot. In fact, I actually have my in-game music configured so that it is all the way down / SFX all the way up when I play online...definitely helps prevent people from sneaking up on me. There are a lot of in-game sounds that will clue you in to where people are: footsteps, gunfire, explosions, mine/grenade drops, people falling off ledges, stepping on surfaces, going up/down ladders, etc.

I've gotten to the point where I can tell "where" someone is coming from based on how it comes out of the speakers around my living room, and from which side - very cool. Gotta hand it to the Best Buy Geek Squad...they did a great job configuring my system!

But anyway, yeah, the in-game sound effects are a VERY important tool! Try playing a whole game on mute - totally different experience, although I find I sometimes focus more when I do this...hmmm.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaBondo View Post
    But anyway, yeah, the in-game sound effects are a VERY important tool! Try playing a whole game on mute - totally different experience, although I find I sometimes focus more when I do this...hmmm.
    Yep, there're benefits to competitively playin' games either on mute or with higher sound details. The best part of playing on mute is as you said; you'll have a more intensive focus. If you lose one sense (hearing, in this case) your other senses sharpen. Since you have less information to take in with noise out of the picture, you'll notice more subtleties and process info quicker as a whole. Unfortunately, some games just can't be played without sound since you might absolutely need audio cues... Or it might just kill the enjoyment.

That, or the benefits of elevated sound like ya detailed are just-plain superior to the perks of silence.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but try to know where the spawns are in certain maps. For example, I was playing yesterday and killed an afk guy, found his teamate nearby, killed him as well, then went to the nearest spawn point to find the afk guy again. Also, with a knowledge of spawn points, you can generally look for the enemy team around spawn points that your team aren't near.
    Goldeneye Screen Name: [+]Kev!n
    Goldeneye FC: 3621 - 5241 - 9451

Number 1 GE Wiimote User TampaBondo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8297-0574-6373-3839
    Spawn killing on a continuous and repetitive basis is highly effective, but IMHO a bit unethical. Once you get skilled enough, you shouldn't need to sit on spawn points to rack up kill streaks. Like you said, Kevin, moving between spawn points can be part of the game. However, I would caution the more inexperienced players to avoid "sitting" on any single spawn point. You will quickly become the go-to target of multiple pissed off people, particularly in a conflict match! A good example is the back hallway upstairs in archives level. Hiding in the one corner near the stairs, or down the opposite end behind the green box is not good form, and will often result in you becoming a grenade practice dummy.

Member #
    Friends
    0007-0007-0007-0007
    I saw a movie on youtube, where 3 lvl 56 where locking down a team. Now i think they're where rather good players.
    But i could not help but think it pathetic that they where proud they managed to totally own a team of lowlvl noobs (i think most of them where below lvl 10)
    by killing them mere milliseconds after they spawned.
    Koopa - Be prepared to kill plumbers!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I generally frown upon camping and spawn killing, but the purpose of this thread is to advise on how to gain exp. That said, I mentioned knowing spawn points as a way to preempt enemies when a person and/or his/her team clears out an area. For example, by watching the radar correctly and knowing teammates' locations, it's pretty easy to guess where the enemy will be spawning at and which way they'll be coming from.

Also, if you're playing GE mode, and the enemy is taking, say, console 5, and consoles 1 and 2 are near there, then it narrows down where the enemy is likely to be. (not sure if run-on)
    Goldeneye Screen Name: [+]Kev!n
    Goldeneye FC: 3621 - 5241 - 9451

Ads