Thread: Goldeneye hate about something topic

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by xplosive View Post
    And i really hate it when 56'ers(not hating on the clan just in general) stick proxies near the weapons they've dropped.
    That is devious... Valid strategy IMO. Deny newbies your weapons, they're even less likely to contest your win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin14239 View Post
    C) I've actually found that a crap ton of proxies makes the game less fun - less gun on gun action makes then game seem like Call of Duty.
    ohai claymore central

'Sides the fact that CoD is mostly gunplay (less ya don't count those bloody overpowered Killstreaks, understandably), I agree completely. Instakill traps like mines, proxies, claymores, etc. definitely take away from any shooter if said mines don't do anythin' besides area denial when you're sniping with ya backed turned. You can throw 'em where-ever and get a free kill. Gettin' an amazing kill streak randomly ended 'cause of a bomb 'round the corner is losing said streak through sheer bad luck alone, not skill. Makes for some salty deaths... Salty deaths ain't no fun.

For balancing purposes, none of these "stick 'em and wait" charges should be a one-shot kill. This means you have to risk findin' the time to place 'em in high-traffic areas, since you won't get a kill unless someone who's been shot walks over it. Placed in a more random area, if someone steps on it at full health, you wasted a proxy and possibly gave someone ELSE a kill. This would require a sniper to need some extra awareness 'n skill for proper proxy defense too, as you'd need to keep your ears peeled for a proxy explosion to whip around 'n finish off your injured prey.

... That, or give every game with said insta-kill traps an ability like "Flak Jacket", a CoD perk which reduces explosives damage by 50%. Gotta sacrifice a perk slot for it, but tripwire explosives literally become no more than a meager nuisance. Take cover, recover that health, 'n be on your way. No streaks cock blocked or nothin'.

Quote Originally Posted by xplosive View Post
    What about the people that don't have a strata yet?
    They're ****ed.

When playing with randoms, the golden rule is to always assume anyone or everyone is better than you 'till you're an expert, as well as that everyone has better weaponry 'n tools to aid their victory. Hence playing with randoms; everythin' is random. You're up against the odds of a unique metagame where there's no such thing as a fair win or earned loss, there's just winnin' and losin'. There's no such thing as honor in random matches. You can play as such to get respect points from friends, but randoms are randoms in the end. Most don't care 'bout all that. That, or they don't even realize you're intentionally playin' with honor and respect in mind.

In short, complainin' over weapon unlocks is pointless. As Tamps mentioned, it's the point of a leveling system lol.
    TampaBondo likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Number 1 GE Wiimote User TampaBondo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8297-0574-6373-3839
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCrow View Post
    1.Well, what i dislike the most is the lag, especially the lag you get by hosting.
    OHHH MYYY GODDD....IMHO, this is now the truest statement on Wiichat! Get this:

I *JUST RIGHT NOW* lost my first conflict game today, and I've been playing a LOT... I've been on a rampage like I haven't been for a while! 32 conflict wins in a row (a new record for me - formerly 31 wins in a row). I shit you not. And go fig, the game selected me to host, and of all levels, on Memorial. I finished 2nd by 2 kills, and was spawn killed BEFORE I even came to life like 5 times! As soon as I spawned, the "you were eliminated by" message was already on the damn screen. Is it just me, or is that level usually the WORST when it comes to lagging?! ...and 2x as bad if you are host...Wow...well at least I got that 32nd win in before I got streak-lagged. Shit... at least I got a new record win streak by 1...urgh

And sure, I could've host quit, extended the streak, and not been all that upset about it, but I knew that would be the wrong thing to do for everyone else in the game.

AND TO ADD ONE MORE THING TO THE LIST - There's nothing more annoying than the sore loser host that quits right as the score board comes up, causing the infamous wii freeze with a beep...
    Last edited by TampaBondo; 08-30-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Online name: TmpaBndo[E7]
    GE FC:
    0605-5154-0786
    LVL: 56

Member #
    Friends
    Wow a 32 streak is certainly impressive, even more so since you play a lot of conflict!

Just a few days ago, playing some heroes on outpost. I was once again the captain of the noob squad against a level 56, he was probably boosted cuz he really sucked, i killed him and grabbed his ivana. Reached my previous record of 36 kills in a game then as I went around the crashed jet, boom, in a puff of smoke there goes my new kill-streak. I went on to win the game and the 56er quit right before the match ended.

Moral of the story: Losing your streaks suck, especially when it's by something completely unrelated to your skill.
    Online name: xplode[E7]
    GE freindcode: 3545-8357-8321

LVL: 34

Number 1 GE Wiimote User TampaBondo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8297-0574-6373-3839
    Since you brought it up, what's with people quitting right before the end of a match?! I mean seriously...if you are gonna lose, take it like a man! And don't give me that "Oh my wii froze crap..." We all know it only freezes when you are winning mid-game by more than 5 points, about to win, or when the scoreboard comes up! I lose respect for players that do this, and I have seen a LOT of good players do this lately...hmmm Exit out or turn off your wii in-lobby, not in-game!
    Online name: TmpaBndo[E7]
    GE FC:
    0605-5154-0786
    LVL: 56

Member #
    Friends
    I'd say the only time it's ok to host quit is you have some problem IRL or if you're getting some terrible lag, like unplayable lag. The kind where people are quitting your lobby cuz of the lag.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaBondo View Post
    Since you brought it up, what's with people quitting right before the end of a match?! I mean seriously...if you are gonna lose, take it like a man! And don't give me that "Oh my wii froze crap..." We all know it only freezes when you are winning mid-game by more than 5 points, about to win, or when the scoreboard comes up! I lose respect for players that do this, and I have seen a LOT of good players do this lately...hmmm Exit out or turn off your wii in-lobby, not in-game!
    If you're referring to me last night, I turned it off because I thought I had to leave, but I didn't actually have too. Also, I'll leave games if I'm not having fun, regardless of how I was doing in that game, because, plain and simple, I play this game for fun, and not because of how other people might view me in game.

PS- If you're going to call somebody out, try not to be so passive aggressive about it.
    Last edited by Kevin14239; 08-31-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Goldeneye Screen Name: [+]Kev!n
    Goldeneye FC: 3621 - 5241 - 9451

Member #
    Friends
    I don't always get host quits, but when I do, It's probably my fault. But some kind of in game record of each individual players Host quits might make it better to avoid sore losers.
    How I feel now that I have won the dodge the mods counting game
    Spoiler Alert!

How I feel when sniping in Goldeneye
    Spoiler Alert!

Golden Magikarps SSBfreakCK=0 Zanapher=1

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanapher View Post
    I don't always get host quits, but when I do, It's probably my fault. But some kind of in game record of each individual players Host quits might make it better to avoid sore losers.
    How is it your fault if someone host-quits?

Member #
    Friends
    Playing too well for their liking, dominating them within the first few minutes, too many proxy/masty kills(when I feel that they need it) winning by too great of a margin. Mostly anything that does not result in the hosts certain victory will occasionally cause them to rage quit.
    How I feel now that I have won the dodge the mods counting game
    Spoiler Alert!

How I feel when sniping in Goldeneye
    Spoiler Alert!

Golden Magikarps SSBfreakCK=0 Zanapher=1

Member #
    Friends
    You can't blame yourself for being too good,lol. It's the host's fault for quitting, and not being able to handle your awesomeness!

Ads