+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dad uk

Thread: Getting Decimated

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Question Getting Decimated

I picked up this game for fun. Its one of my first console fps and i have been getting absolutely destroyed online. I commonly go 5kills-15death,7-20,3-18 ect. I have had a few games were i got 20+ kills, but the vast majority i have been destroyed, often ending up with the most deaths. I have tried camping, sneaking from one spot to the next, sprinting to carious pieces of cover and every other method i could think of, yet i still get killed constantly, usually not even seeing my attacker before i die. Anyways long story short, is there something i am missing? Do you guys have any tips?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0007-0007-0007-0007
    Try out different controllers.
    Find what works for you.
    WiiMote, CCP, Gamecube controller.
    Koopa - Be prepared to kill plumbers!

Member #
    Friends
    0987-6543-2109-8765
    Dont stop moving. When someones firing at you, move from side to side to try and avoid their hits, then go for them while they reload.

Number 1 GE Wiimote User TampaBondo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8297-0574-6373-3839
    ^He's right. NEVER stop moving. Sitting ducks are the easiest kills in this game!

Side note: No, not you Mike
    Online name: TmpaBndo[E7]
    GE FC:
    0605-5154-0786
    LVL: 56

Member #
    Friends
    6353-8215-2245-6499
    Finch I can completely relate. My original and now abbreviated screen name describes how I felt in those dark days when I started playing. My only escape was to find good spots to snipe from thereby keeping a lower profile. Slowly I came out of the shadows and started getting better at runnin' and gunnin'.

My advice, get a Pro Game Controller and try sniping. The controller will give you precision control and sniping is a good way to observe the moves and patterns other players use on the ground before you enter the fray on a regular basis.

Still have days when I feel like a sitting duck but thanks for the clarification Steve.
    SitnDuck[E7] FC: 0438-6336-2799

Member #
    Friends
    The best controller by far is the Wii-Mote. Try adjusting the settings to find a style that suits you or pick one of the experience settings and just tweak them a little until you find something you like.

As said above ALWAYS MOVE. Ads snap is more effective on stationery targets so don't help the opposition.

Learning to hip-fire is a must, even if you get the first few bullets in from the hip then finish them off with ads it will give you an advantage.

Watch youtube vids like the one I posted in the faqs v Wiichat thread... they give you an idea of how good players use guns and play maps.

Party up with better players and don't quit matches when you are getting your arse kicked ( unless its lag related ) you can learn a lot from taking a beating if you watch how the other guy is doing it.

The most dificult skill is learning to read the game, this involves knowledge of spawn points and understanding how to read where the players on your team are. I can figure out where the opposition is via where my team mates are and an understanding of spawnpoints 90% of the time. It gives you an advantage
    Splash_King likes this.

[RS]Goldie - lvl56 - FC 4383-2635-7130
    GOLDEEN* - lvl56 - FC 2539-7195-3550
    -Poseidon- - lvl56 - FC 5299-9678-2804

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dad uk View Post
    The most dificult skill is learning to read the game, this involves knowledge of spawn points and understanding how to read where the players on your team are. I can figure out where the opposition is via where my team mates are and an understanding of spawnpoints 90% of the time. It gives you an advantage
    ^ This. My brain has built-in radar hax.
    THE TRENCH - Level 56[DUEL?] Mau5 - Level 18(Secret) - Level 56"Cowards use silencers.""ALL HAIL TRENCH! our new Gamegod" -Goldie

Member #
    Friends
    The most important thing is dont give up, it may seem hard at first but as you unlock better guns and gain more experience the game gets easier.
    Online name: xplode[E7]
    GE freindcode: 3545-8357-8321

LVL: 34

Ads