+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Changes to online multiplayer

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura23 View Post
    And what do you mean unbreak the Masterton? I'm not sure what's broke about it.
    It's an automatic weapon... that kills in 1 shot. It's cheap and overpowered, if not outright broken. The other 2 top weapons are beast, but still require a modicum of precision to use effectively. Hence why it's the weapon of choice of boosters and proxyspamspawncampers.

It does have some disadvantages, sure. It has range limitations (but not that much, it has fantastic range for a shotgun), the reload is a bit slow(although, again it is one of the best for shotguns. Only the SLY might be a tad faster), and enemies can pick it up and use it's overpowered-ness against you (this is also true of other high level guns though, and hardly balances things out when you get it at every spawn and enemies have to look for it and leave themselves vulnerable when they stop to grab it).

If they had made it semi-automatic only, fire rate of a pistol, it would still be great but just not so cheap. That's my opinion.
    hyoidman, level 56 (100% Legit!!)
    4551-1166-5553

2. Ads

Number 1 GE Wiimote User TampaBondo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8297-0574-6373-3839
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoid_man View Post
    If they had made it semi-automatic only, fire rate of a pistol, it would still be great but just not so cheap. That's my opinion.
    Bad news my friend. Changing the mode to semi-automatic actually makes the gun MORE powerful. I can fire it semi just as fast as full auto, but with a LOT less muzzle action. This increases accuracy a LOT and spends much less ammo. Hopefully more people don't figure this out and continue to hold down the trigger and aim at the ceiling!

oh...crap...wait a sec...
    Online name: TmpaBndo[E7]
    GE FC:
    0605-5154-0786
    LVL: 56

Member #
    Friends
    Pistol semi-auto is 5/sec I think, full auto is 12/sec for Masterton. Instead of spraying across the screen, at least you'd have to aim.

But you may be right. I always switch to semi-automatic when I grab someone's Masterton.
    hyoidman, level 56 (100% Legit!!)
    4551-1166-5553

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Don't know 'bout Goldeneye's specific hipfire versus ADS metagame and such, but in the shooters I know of one does not simply spray 'n pray at every given encounter. If ADSing with a buckshot shotty decreases spread, then slowin' down one's fire to semi-auto, conserving ammo and gettin' easier one-shot kills should logically be the most effective strategy as Tamps claims (for players who ain't right-shit)... unless of course ya turn a corner and someone's got a barrel in your face. Everyone thinks shotguns are fantastic hipfire weapons, but in games where pellet spread notably decreases via aiming, that sentiment is far from the truth.

Obviously a fully-automatic shotgun with an unbalanced damage-to-pellet ratio kind'a breaks that there rule of thumb, but 'ey. My point still stands: anyone who sprays their masty like a madman when they're at a mid-range is a dumb.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 07-29-2013 at 10:56 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads