LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

So tell me why this is the best game ever

A good game, undoubtedly. Over Xbox live, great fun.
    However points to make.

1. Single player. Too short yeah, but I know a lot of people who never finished the incredibly poor Halo 2 single player mode, rendering the Story pointless.

2. Gears of war had a great cover system, as has Stranglehold, Bungie should've updated the game so you could take cover, it's seems very dated.

I think personally Bungie knew Single player was gonna be nowhere near Bioshock. For me, it's nowhere near Stranglehold or The Darkness either.
    Even though Stranglehold's short too, at least you can play that over and over as it's so fun and the gameplay holds it together, not the story.

It's a 9/10 game sure, but no way a revalation, and nowhere near the best games on 360. With Mass Effect, Mercenaries 2 and Army of Two just around the corner there's much more than this to get excited about.

Member #
    Friends
    ok what game has brought the world/letters fps as a household name? Which game has the most sucessful online games excluding the dying computer games? How about the pistol whip, who instated that feature in fps games? You're talking about gears of war, but tell me if Halo didn't come out, how good would gears of war be? they could never invent these features or even be noticed without the Halo series. Thats why it's the best game ever. Besides Red Faction started the fps system (using two analog sticks), or at least it was the first sucessful game in that genre and Halo reinvented it.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    Err, I think you're forgetting Goldeneye bringing the word FPS to households, lol.

Member #
    Friends
    well halo is a revolution for the console FPS genre as always. Halo 1 gave dual analog control and a splitscreen/single player that was actually really good and fun for a FPS on a console. halo 2 gave online multiplayer that was unheard of (and still not matched even to this day by most games) for a console FPS. halo 3 gives us the ability to view our replays, save clips, take pics, then upload them/send them to ours friends. it also has the forge which is a map editor something not seen often on a console FPS.

cover systems are not for every game..adding a cover system greatly slows the speed down and frankly..isnt that realistic. how do you take cover on a wall invisible to the people in front of you and see a full 360 around your character? without cover systems if you want to see around a corner, you gotta peek around it, which is what you do. =/

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    The point of halo to the fans has always been the game play online.

Yes they will want the single player but for them halo was and always will be the definative XBOX LIVE experience.

Member #
    Friends
    No one buys it for the campaign mode...even though it is very cinematic.

I bought it having never played Halo in my life. It's AMAZING. I have been missing out. Playing with my friends is the greatest multiplayer experience I've ever had.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends
    My point is this, yes it's great, multiplayer's fantastic.

BUT, if Rare released Goldeneye on Xbox live arcade, for me, I'd play it online above even Halo 3. Goldeneye remains, above any Halo, the most well designed, brilliantly structured multiplayer FPS that there's ever been.

Another thing about Halo, there's so many people online who are very, very good at it. I'll admit, FPS's aren't my favorite genre or my forte when it comes to gaming, and getting whipped every single game gets boring after a while. And changing the skill level match up doesn't make much difference.

And no all this isn't based on me being lame at Halo, lol. I just think Goldeneye even now stands up as the best in terms of design.

And by the way, Stranglehold, worst online shooter ever? Lmao. Almost makes me appreciate The Darkness online!

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    Halo is great. Don't start a flame war.
    Jesus christ.

I mean yeah every game has it's flaws but it's not really comparable.
    Because from what Halo 3 lacks in story it makes up in multiplayer online.

Well do you?

Member #
    Friends
    6387-6143-2508-1707
    Quote Originally Posted by dreville79
    Err, I think you're forgetting Goldeneye bringing the word FPS to households, lol.
    True story.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueradio
    Halo is great. Don't start a flame war.
    Jesus christ.

I mean yeah every game has it's flaws but it's not really comparable.
    Because from what Halo 3 lacks in story it makes up in multiplayer online.
    No one's starting anything, it's a discussion, different points of views are pretty essential to discussions. Otherwise we'd all be yes men, and forums would be pointless.

Ads