LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Old School. undeadair's Avatar
    Member #
    10999
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0373-8153-1080-6764

    My introduction.

    Hi everyone,

    Just thought I'd drop in and leave my first post. I actually just discovered this forum by accident this morning and it's great to be here. On to the introduction!

    I'm 32 years old and have been playing videogames since I was 6 or 7. My first system ever was a Pong console, and my fate was pretty much sealed by that point. I discovered Nintendo when I slept over at a friend's house when I was 13. I'd been into computer games (Commodore 64) but the moment I picked up and played Super Mario Bros. and Kung Fu, I knew I had to have my own NES. I've owned every Nintendo system since (except Virtual Boy) and probably will remain a fan until Nintendo (or myself) ceases to exist.

    Fast forward to tonight. I picked up a Wii a couple of days ago and I'm very happy with it. Still haven't unwrapped Zelda or Trauma Center though as I can't stop playing Metal Slug Anthology and the Virtual Console long enough to bother! I love all kinds of games, but have a soft spot for old school shooters and RPGs. I can't wait to see what this next generation brings as far as Wii and VC games go. (I'm crossing my fingers for Earthbound and Axelay!)

    Again, nice to meet you all and I hope I see you in the forums!

  2. #2
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    18,973
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  3. #3
    Kiwii Nuke RedL's Avatar
    Member #
    6941
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Te Awamutu
    Posts
    69
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hello undeadair nice to meet you and welcome aboard .
    Hey did you ever program games in BASIC on the Commodore 64 ?

  4. #4
    Old School. undeadair's Avatar
    Member #
    10999
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0373-8153-1080-6764
    haha, I sure did... I wasn't that good at it, but I spent more than a few hours of my life copying BASIC from the latest computer magazines and trying to make my own little games. Oh, then I saved them on cassette tapes! Man, I'm old...

  5. #5
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    18,973
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    I did once
    hours spent typing
    Then error


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  6. #6
    Kiwii Nuke RedL's Avatar
    Member #
    6941
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Te Awamutu
    Posts
    69
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hey yeah , my cousin had a Vic20 , then a Commodore64 & I had an Atari400 , then 800xl .We would spend whole Saturdays copying games programs out of magazines .
    Cassette , if people hate load times now ! One game "Zaxxon" I swear it took 20+minutes to load from cassette.Could even have been longer , it was so long ago .

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member Kai193's Avatar
    Member #
    10022
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    187
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadair
    Hi everyone,

    Just thought I'd drop in and leave my first post. I actually just discovered this forum by accident this morning and it's great to be here. On to the introduction!

    I'm 32 years old and have been playing videogames since I was 6 or 7. My first system ever was a Pong console, and my fate was pretty much sealed by that point. I discovered Nintendo when I slept over at a friend's house when I was 13. I'd been into computer games (Commodore 64) but the moment I picked up and played Super Mario Bros. and Kung Fu, I knew I had to have my own NES. I've owned every Nintendo system since (except Virtual Boy) and probably will remain a fan until Nintendo (or myself) ceases to exist.

    Fast forward to tonight. I picked up a Wii a couple of days ago and I'm very happy with it. Still haven't unwrapped Zelda or Trauma Center though as I can't stop playing Metal Slug Anthology and the Virtual Console long enough to bother! I love all kinds of games, but have a soft spot for old school shooters and RPGs. I can't wait to see what this next generation brings as far as Wii and VC games go. (I'm crossing my fingers for Earthbound and Axelay!)

    Again, nice to meet you all and I hope I see you in the forums!
    hi you should like it here everyone is friendly.
    zeldas a great game too.
    YOU GOT SERVED BIG TIME!
    check out my forum at http://kai193.forumco.com/default.asp

  8. #8
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    18,973
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke RedL
    Hey yeah , my cousin had a Vic20 , then a Commodore64 & I had an Atari400 , then 800xl .

    Still got them some ware in my cupboard of ages

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke redl
    if people hate load times now ! One game "Zaxxon" I swear it took 20+minutes to load from cassette.Could even have been longer , it was so long ago .
    A fave of mine
    But for bad loading xmen vs street fighter (psx)5 mins loading select character another 5 mins loading 60 sec match loading again
    The turn off psx
    Play the Jap Saturn version


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Introduction?
    By Wiigamer89 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 12:19 AM
  3. Introduction
    By Wiipwnage in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 08:39 PM
  4. Cyrix's Introduction
    By CyrixInstead in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 11:30 AM