Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hey.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Hey.

Hey I dont actually have a wii yet which is why i joined this forum. Im thinking of getting one but im not sure. I thought you people who already have a wii could tell me how great it is and persuade me to get one lol. The games i have played on the wii so far are zelda, wii sports, wii play and scarface. I enjoy playing online on my 360 and i also wanted to know about the online features of the wii lol. Thanx.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    The Wii is great fun, the controls really make the games more interesting, as you know from the games you have played so far! Theres more and more games coming out all the time so there should be something to suit everyone. I think its more suited to action and fps games, or hands on sport games than car games etc. The online features include a messaging system where you can chat to your friends, send each other your Mii charactors that you create. Theres also an Opera web browser so you can surf the net too. Theres currently only one online game, Mario Strikers Charged, but theres more in the pipeline

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    8913-3076-5932-5312
    welcome!!!!

im battles

...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    The Wii's hype is mainly based around:
    ● Motion controls
    ● Virtual Console/Wii Shop Channel
    ● Exclusive Nintendo titles, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    ● The ability to incorporate online play in the exclusive titles.

The motion controls are, surprisingly, extremely refreshing from the standard controller layout. Once in a while you might want to jump back to the classic style controller, but once you get used to them, the Wii remote and nun-chuck will have you swinging your Xbox 360 controller around and wondering why nothing's happening on the screen.

Ah, the Virtual Console. There's nothing like tsunami-sized wave of nostalgia. On the Wii Shop Channel, not only can you download classic games from the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and TurboGrafx 16, but you can download new channels for the Wii such as the Internet channel and "Everybody Votes" channel.

Nintendo has always had awesome games. For the Wii, there are plenty to look forward to. You'll probably hear people talking mostly about Super Smash Bros Brawl (a fighter), Super Mario Galaxy (3rd person adventure, much like Super Mario 64), and Metroid Prime 3 (1st person adventure/sci-fi shooter.)

We hope to see online play for at least two of the games I listed above. But there's no doubt that there will be a plethora of online games within the next few months.

I suggest buying the Wii.

@SoHugo17 FOLLOW ME? :) ZeLdA4LiFe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    welcome. and yea, get the Wii. im not really good at persuading people or whatever you call it, but still, get the Wii!!!

OHAI! I'm just an old dinosaur from 2006 seeing who's here

The name is. . . Hugo

Got a Nintendo 3DS? 2492-5132-0881

Member #
    Friends
    7563-1224-1287-9378
    Get it get it! its awesomeness takes me away from other consoles (spent 2 hours in the Forest temple of Zelda OOT i forgot it) the Wii is fun for anyone!
    Click on my Green Mushroom if i was Helpful in someway ^.^ and i will return the favor.

My Consoles
    Nintendo Wii, And Xbox 360

Wii Games: Wii Play, Wii Sports, And Excite Truck
    XBOX 360 Gamertag: omgwtfikilledu

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the replies. I was probably going to get one any way but i just wanted a little more info from people that play wii's often. I hope that metroid and super smash bros. do have online. Thanks

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    *This thread should have been posted in the Introduce Yourself section of the forum*

The Wii is fun for a few games now. As soon as you get don playing them though, most have bad replay value, so it will start to collect dust for now. When fall/winter comes around, that may change. SSBB should define replay value and keep the Wii alive.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    Not to mention the endless possibilities of accessories that are available for the Wiimote and nunchuck. There's at least 20 I can think of, and another 10 that'll be coming near the end of this year. Don't believe me? Go check out http://www.emvee.ca/'s Wii accessories section. They have the most Wii accessories all under one roof.

Member #
    Friends
    X Falco X: Don't get it yet. There aren't enough good games. Wait until the hype dies down and the 3rd parties release something worth buying.

Ads