LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Finally got a Wii

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I just got a Wii after looking for one for about a month or so. First off, I should say that I am not a hordcore gamer and the only other console I have is a PS2 because of the Gran Tourismo series.

I had a NES when I was a kid and the whole retro gaming with the Wii remote became somewhat of a crazed addiction of mine after playing on a friend's Wii a few months ago. I like the Wii for what it is and have read endless reviews on its shortcommings and highlights, but the fun factor is what I like, the ability to interact with up to 4 players at a party is what attracted me along with some classic titles.

I am a gaming noob, so I have been reading the forums for awhile now and got the basic ideas of how the system works. I look forward to many hours of fun with this console when I have the time.

I bought the console at a Costco and there were 8 in stock at 4pm. I got it at 8pm and there was only one left after mine. I got it for $335.00 and it came with sports and Mario Party 8. I haven't had time to test the game out, but it's cool to have another game.

Thanks for reading....off to explore some new games.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Hey, welcome to WiiChat, the best Wii Forum on the web. Follow all the Rules and Regulations an most importantly enjoy your Wii! I hear Costco has pretty good deals on video game bundles. What sports games did you get?
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks, I am also a major automotive fanatic and race fan, I see in your sig and figured you were when I saw the jag.

I got Wii sports and was playing my friend in bowling and tennis. Her and I were playing like we were kids again and we are over 30 haha.

I looked at other forums, but this was the largest and before I registered today, I was a pretty learned wii consumer.

Costco has wii's on occasion and a friend of mine works there so I had her watching out for deliveries....patience pays off I guess.

CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    ah. Welcome to WiiChat. Enjoy your stay!

_December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!

Kingdom Hearts.. is LIGHT immortaldave's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    heyaz new personz!! welcome to wiichat. #1 thing to remember is to follow da rulez. u dont want to be banned!! have fun and if you need any help feel free to pm any one of us.

Cool pplz: wiiwouldlike2play, packman, wario2ooo, zachp18, battles, cyanrussel, cede

^This was so long ago; I wonder if these individuals are still active here.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If you're into racing titles, they have a few on the Wii already, such as Need for Speed Carbon. I'm not into racing as much myself, but I had it and I thought it was pretty cool how you could just free drive around the fairly large city and try to escape the cops.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    I saw the reviews for that game on IGN, I went to rent it and it was out along with many others.

I have been playing Wii sports with close friends and they all have their own Mii's now. There have been some pretty intense boxing matches and baseball games.

I have Mario Party 8, Got it with the bundle. I haven't had time to introduce myself to it, but I'll get into it soon when Wii sports wears off on me. I have been looking at other games and hope to get the wii online to be able to download the old games I grew up with.

I'm off to see how that works now, I figure I need a wireless router because I have a PC at home with cable connection. I'm new to all this, so while i have time, I'll check out some FAQ's and other things.

I have been over the rules and I'm active in alot of forums, so I know that dumb and irresponsible behavior ends up in a ban, the Wii is fun, and that's what I'm here for.

Also, I've checked out Gamefly, and people here seem to like it. I hope to see more titles soon.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Welcome to the forum vtrider159.

Glad to hear you enjoy your Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Syntax- I see from your blog that we are both boarders....nice.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Ads