LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Finally got a Wii

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I just got a Wii after looking for one for about a month or so. First off, I should say that I am not a hordcore gamer and the only other console I have is a PS2 because of the Gran Tourismo series.

I had a NES when I was a kid and the whole retro gaming with the Wii remote became somewhat of a crazed addiction of mine after playing on a friend's Wii a few months ago. I like the Wii for what it is and have read endless reviews on its shortcommings and highlights, but the fun factor is what I like, the ability to interact with up to 4 players at a party is what attracted me along with some classic titles.

I am a gaming noob, so I have been reading the forums for awhile now and got the basic ideas of how the system works. I look forward to many hours of fun with this console when I have the time.

I bought the console at a Costco and there were 8 in stock at 4pm. I got it at 8pm and there was only one left after mine. I got it for $335.00 and it came with sports and Mario Party 8. I haven't had time to test the game out, but it's cool to have another game.

Thanks for reading....off to explore some new games.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Hey, welcome to WiiChat, the best Wii Forum on the web. Follow all the Rules and Regulations an most importantly enjoy your Wii! I hear Costco has pretty good deals on video game bundles. What sports games did you get?
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks, I am also a major automotive fanatic and race fan, I see in your sig and figured you were when I saw the jag.

I got Wii sports and was playing my friend in bowling and tennis. Her and I were playing like we were kids again and we are over 30 haha.

I looked at other forums, but this was the largest and before I registered today, I was a pretty learned wii consumer.

Costco has wii's on occasion and a friend of mine works there so I had her watching out for deliveries....patience pays off I guess.

CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    ah. Welcome to WiiChat. Enjoy your stay!
    _December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!

Kingdom Hearts.. is LIGHT immortaldave's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    heyaz new personz!! welcome to wiichat. #1 thing to remember is to follow da rulez. u dont want to be banned!! have fun and if you need any help feel free to pm any one of us.
    Cool pplz: wiiwouldlike2play, packman, wario2ooo, zachp18, battles, cyanrussel, cede
    ^This was so long ago; I wonder if these individuals are still active here.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If you're into racing titles, they have a few on the Wii already, such as Need for Speed Carbon. I'm not into racing as much myself, but I had it and I thought it was pretty cool how you could just free drive around the fairly large city and try to escape the cops.

Member #
    Friends
    I saw the reviews for that game on IGN, I went to rent it and it was out along with many others.

I have been playing Wii sports with close friends and they all have their own Mii's now. There have been some pretty intense boxing matches and baseball games.

I have Mario Party 8, Got it with the bundle. I haven't had time to introduce myself to it, but I'll get into it soon when Wii sports wears off on me. I have been looking at other games and hope to get the wii online to be able to download the old games I grew up with.

I'm off to see how that works now, I figure I need a wireless router because I have a PC at home with cable connection. I'm new to all this, so while i have time, I'll check out some FAQ's and other things.

I have been over the rules and I'm active in alot of forums, so I know that dumb and irresponsible behavior ends up in a ban, the Wii is fun, and that's what I'm here for.

Also, I've checked out Gamefly, and people here seem to like it. I hope to see more titles soon.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Welcome to the forum vtrider159.

Glad to hear you enjoy your Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Syntax- I see from your blog that we are both boarders....nice.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Spoiler Alert!
    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links