Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

First things first...

Hello everyone,

just registered and this is my first post here.
    I just got back from GameStop where I was able to get a Wii, finally! Only got the console and an additional controller for now as I am browsing the net for a game that I'd like to pick up on my way home from work today.
    I came across a thread where they were talking about a SD memory card for the console. Do I need one when I would like to download old games? And also, can I use any SD card or does it have to be the specific Wii version? I have several 2GB and a 4GB for my camera which would be nice to use so I can spend more money on games.
    Also any suggestions on accessories?

Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    hey, welcome to the forums..you dont really need the sd card unless you are planning on using the photo channel alot(but for this you can use your cameras sd card ofcourse:P) or storing ALOT of virtual console games, its not necessary yet, you wont run out of internal memory for a while, buy a game (super mario galaxy if you can find it, i recommend it)

Member #
    Friends
    5030-0854-5625-1802
    Hey bro, welcome to the forums.

Nice job snagging one today, you're lucky! I just bought mine 2 days ago, I'm new here too.

Get that bad-boy hooked up to the internet, run some system updates, and share your Online Code and start adding people from the forums.

Enjoy the system, I'm confident you'll be very happy with it.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi Jay,

Thanks for your quick answer... not sure about the photo channel thing, yet. I am really new to the whole Wii experience. I have a PS3 and 360 and love 'em both, however I keep hearing so many good things about the Wii and my wife loves the old school games (still got an original NES in the house, which of course takes about half an hour to get one of those game cartridges to work).

Good that I can use our regular SD cards

I will have a look at Super Mario Galaxy for sure...

Any recommended threads or sites where I can see what the Wii can do??

Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    hey welcome to the forums im brendan
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164

You will need a points card for it if you want to download VC games (you can use a credit card)

Check some of the threads in the VC lounge for recomended games

As far as seeing what it can do the wii can do very little its the wiimote that dose things (theres a few threads about it )

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Hey welcome to the forum. One thing the Wii can do is play games over the internet. However, it may cost you a certain amount of points to download the Opera Internet Browser. If you do end up purchasing the Opera Browser go to www.google.com and search internet games for the Wii and something should come up.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey there, welcome to WiiChat. Regarding your question:
    Yes, you can use any brand of SD card up to 4GB, although some SD cards do seem to give some problems. Happy gaming.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    Awesome!

Thanks so much for your replies to everyone and the warm welcome (you don't get that very often on forums nowadays)

I am really excited and wish I could just leave and go home to play already, oh well another 4 1/2 hrs

Will definitely pick up a game and maybe also stop by Blockbuster to see what kind of rentals they got to figure out exactly what kind of games we will enjoy most.

Now I saw you can download all the old NES SNES etc games for Wii points ... any idea how much 100 points are converted into US $ ?

pea
    Member #
    Friends
    7193-6478-5119-6090
    1 point = 1 cent.

so essentially, a nes game is 5 bucks, snes and sega are 8, n64 is 10, etc.

pretty basic stuff.

as far as getting some wii games, the big three (mario galaxy, zelda: tp, and metroid prime 3) are spectacular single player games. in fact, any of the games down below in my signature i would highly recommend, but it all depends on what kind of games you like to play. personally, im more of a single player adventure guy, and i don't really get into the party games and whatnot. but to each his own.
    WII: wii sports - zelda: twilight princess - godfather - super paper mario - Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Resident Evil 4 - zack & wiki - Guitar Hero 3 - Super Mario Galaxy

VC: Super Mario Bros - Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels - Super Mario Bros 3- Super Mario World - Super Mario 64 - Star Fox 64 - Punch out - Excite Bike - Shining Force - Streets of Rage 3 - Super Metroid - Sin & Punishment

Wii FC: 7193-6478-5119-6090
    GH3 FC: 3050 5733 3170

Ads