Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4221-9039-0966-9591

Yo from Philadelphia

Hi,

My name is Doug, and I live in Philadelphia.

For about a year, I'd been hearing about the Nintendo Wii and it sounded pretty neat--like a console that I might actually consider buying. Something I could enjoy along with my wife and 4 year old, even.

I hadn't actually played one, nor shopped around for them, though.

At Christmas, I was at my sister's house, and she and her husband had purchased a Wii for their 8 year old son (and the whole family). I got to play it, as did my wife, daughter, parents, aunt, etc. After that I knew I wanted one! The only thing we played was the bowling, but it was *SO* much fun.

I've been checking wiitracker.com pretty much every day for the last couple weeks (since coming back to work after a two week holiday break/vacation), and for the most part there were *never* any available anywhere. Occasionally a "bundle" would show up, but that included a bunch of games I might not want, plus it was usually at least $400 and sometimes as much as $600 - $700. The console alone is $250.

Yesterday, there was finally some action on a $250 unit. Sears (sears.com) had it in stock...then out of stock...back in stock...back out of stock....in..out...etc. I didn't manage to get one.

But last week I was on my way to my barbershop to get a haircut and stopped into the EB Games that's a couple doors down. To my surprise, he said that occasionally they *did* get Wiis in stock, and had even had some just a few days earlier. So I called Monday, Tuesday, and today. Today he said they had one (said he had more than one, in fact). He said they couldn't hold it. So I raced out of my office and to my car. Drove over there as quickly, yet as safely, as I could. They still had one! It is here in my office now! (Couldn't leave it out in the cold car!)

I didn't get the extra controller or numchuks, or anything else--so there'll still be an additional expense, I suppose.--but I'm SO excited! Not only can I enjoy the Wii, but now I can stop trying to get one which was a bit of a hassle!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    welcome to wiichat! you'll get allot of good info here. before you buy games or accessories you can see which name and models are work well!

and you can build a profile page!

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Ads