Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Yeah, I'm old... So what?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5683-2796-5293-7388

Yeah, I'm old... So what?

Howdy... Not new to the online world (been online since 1987), but new to console gaming. My firstborn (now age 27) has owned every Nintendo console ever made, and I finally just broke down last week and got myself a Wii. (I can't use his since he's married and doesn't live here, harrumph!)

It's been only a few days but I love it so far. It came with Mario Kart and I've since bought Wii Sports. Other friends are insisting I buy Animal Crossings, and I've also downloaded Zelda: Ocaria of Time from the VC store (am waiting for the classic controller to arrive from Amazon so I can play that one).

I'm a 50-yr-old mother of four, a writer and proofreader by trade, and I must be having my own little midlife crisis since hitting 50 two months ago. Bought myself a ukulele and now a Wii. Today I bought a new vacuum cleaner, but I don't think that counts since it didn't come with a remote control and apparently I'm supposed to stand behind it and PUSH it or something....

I have a feeling I'll have a ton of questions that will make you experts feel important and helpful by answering them (since they'll be obvious to you even if they're impossible for me). Besides, my poor son will get tired of all my emailed questions very quickly... so it's time to share the love!

Right now I'm trying to figure out why the whole Mii Channel thing is important. I suppose it seems stupid when you're new and don't have any Mii friends yet....

Anyway, glad to be here!
    jackaskhim likes this.
    Wii Console: 5683-2796-5293-7388
    Mii: 3672-6385-3091

"Always remember you're unique ... just like everyone else."
    www.lindamau.wordpress.com

Award-winning humor writer Linda M. Au's Head in the Sand ... and Other Unpopular Positions now available at Amazon.com and BN.com!
    http://www.amazon.com/Head-Sand-othe...0257997&sr=8-1

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1512-1772-5792-0000
    I ALSO use proper grammar when I text.
    And welcome to the forums. We'll all be glad to help you with anything you need.
    Austruck likes this.
    ===============

Oh god I came back after a couple years for kicks and I have no idea what's going on now.

wut do halp plz

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Welcome to the forums, Austruck. I can happily assure you all your questions regarding the Wii will be intelligently answered. =) ... Well, for the most part anyways.

I hope you enjoy Ocarina of Time as much as I did when I was a kid (I'm a youngin', to say the least). If you do have a grand time with the game, I'd have to recommend Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii. Same good ol' Zelda adventure, but all the more brilliant.

The Mii channel doesn't really have any importance, actually. It's only needed use is allowing you to use Miis you've made yourself, or downloaded via the "Check Mii Out" Channel, in certain games. Namely Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, although I'm sure there are a few other games out there to use Miis. Otherwise, it's there to provide entertainment if you enjoy the sort.
    Austruck likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    i live on the West coast of the East coast, USA.
    Friends
    3244-8815-2788-5359
    Hello there! i'm 49yo and i play Animal Crossing City Folk (often abbreviated as ac:cf). i love it. The folks on this message board are mostly nice, patient and helpful. There are many older players on this message board as well so don't worry about age. Please feel free to ask questions, everybody was new once so if anyone acts like a jerk, they have forgotten this fact and you don't have to bother with them if you don't want to. i am sending you a friend request which you don't have to accept if you don't want to at this time. Since i only play ac:cf i might not be of much help for you right now. Anyway, welcome to this forum and have a great time gaming!
    Austruck likes this.
    Be happy. Always count your blessings!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Welcome aboard. Thanks for joining us. Anything you need along the way, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Austruck likes this.

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Thanks for that I was starting to think that 33 was too old Hope you enjoy your stay
    Austruck likes this.

Member #
    Friends
    5683-2796-5293-7388
    Thanks, guys, for the welcome! In the Mii Channel there were 4 strange Miis in the Mii Parade, so I moved them all to the Mii Plaza so my baseball team looks a little more diverse.

My Nintendo-expert son assures me that Twilight Princess is a great game and my youngest daughter (age 18) also says it's one of her favorites, so that sounds like a must-own too. I've ordered a second Wii Remote Plus, a classic controller, and two more wheels (the console came with one but I found a good deal on a package of two more).

I'll probably order Animal Crossings online along with Twilight Princess, since Walmart was sold out of both -- and they had almost everything else in stock, so I'm guessing these two games are popular, and for good reason.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found something that might keep me from becoming too obsessed with Minecraft on the computer. LOL

Award-winning humor writer Linda M. Au's Head in the Sand ... and Other Unpopular Positions now available at Amazon.com and BN.com!

Member #
    Friends
    3239-0851-6759-1030
    Welcome to the forums!! Glad to hear you're enjoying your console.
    Austruck likes this.

Playstation Network: yanks96
    Steam I.D: yankees96
    Xbox LIVE: dotKev
    Xfire: yanks96
    My Twitter Account

Member #
    Friends
    5683-2796-5293-7388
    I'm loving the Wii so far. No "buyer's remorse" or anything, probably because I've been mulling over the decision literally for years. I'm even using the News Channel and Forecast Channel.

zpyderly, thanks for the friend request. A person can never have too many friends. As for AC:CF ... is that a separate game from AC or just a submenu inside the game? (I'm trying to hold off ordering that and Twilight Princess for a FEW days to fool myself into thinking that I'm restraining myself. Ha!)

Member #
    Friends
    3239-0851-6759-1030
    AC:CF (Animal Crossing: City Folk) is an actual retail game, it's the sequel to the original Animal Crossing that was on the previous Nintendo console, the Gamecube.
    Austruck likes this.

Playstation Network: yanks96
    Steam I.D: yankees96
    Xbox LIVE: dotKev
    Xfire: yanks96
    My Twitter Account

Ads