LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Hey

Well im new on the forum and so far craigslist ppl has peeved me off with this wii lol. Got it on a trade and cleaned it now my dvd drive needs replaced. Anyone have one and a tri wing screw driver i could barrow or trade? lol i usually check stuff before finishing the trans action. i plugged it in and checked everything But the disc drive. guess that was my whoopsadaisy. anyone have one or know where to get a refurbished one for cheap?
    Last edited by partinus99; 12-02-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Why you mad at Nintendo?... Its your responsibility to thoroughly inspect and test any used merchandise you plan to purchase. Esp mechanical and electronic items. Learned this the hard way too... Never trust anyone selling anything used, or take their word that it works properly. Test the ****er always! You might come off as a nit-picky douche but you wont end up with useless broken stuff...

Anyway

Tri-wing from Amazon $4.48 free shipping You could probably find something cheaper

Looks like the DVD drive is going to cost a bit but heres a quick Google shopping result I dont know anything about any of the vendors selling the really cheap ones so buyer beware.

You could try buying another cheap used Wii off craigslist or something, but test it out first...

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Trollface is right about the culprit part. Nintendo took no part in it.
    Sometimes you can't test items you want to purchase. If you buy it and it winds up faulty, you're the only one to blame. That's the price you pay, unfortunately.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Oblivion, Smash 3DS, Parry Souls 2.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Sometimes you can't test items you want to purchase. If you buy it and it winds up faulty, you're the only one to blame. That's the price you pay, unfortunately.
    True, but he did mention a trade so Id have to assume this deal was made face to face. Looks like he edited the post "so far craigslist ppl has peeved me off" Haha I can relate... Shit, Craigslist is 99% waste of f-ing time for buyers...

Maybe check Ebay for a "parts only" Wii. Ive used this method to cheaply repair a few electronics. You might be able to get one for just a few $s. Kind of a gamble tho.

Member #
    Friends
    yea just glad its not my only console. I will figure out a way to fix or trade for a working one (fully testing it this time of course lol)

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Welcome to Wiichat, Partinus. Sorry to hear 'bout your Wii troubles. Much as I hate even mentioning them, Gamestop sells a lot of refurbished consoles. Not sure if their refurbished Wiis are a good price or not, though.

Quote Originally Posted by trollface View Post
    Shit, Craigslist is 99% waste of f-ing time for buyers...
    Craigslist has fallen from glory, indeed...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads