LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Better than Ocirana?

Hey...throwing out there now that I have beat the game, did you think it was better than Ocirana of Time? Tough choice for me...Ocirana seemed much more challlenging, but the story, graphics and world was AWESOME in TP. However, i have come to a conclusion...yes, it is? Agree...disagree?

Wii60 for the win! Twilight Beast's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Agreed, even though I haven't beaten TP yet...and I've never beaten OoT!

Btw, it's spelled Ocarina.
    Wii60 ftw! (Screw PS3 and its ability to grill meat!)
    Join the Xbox 360 Forum at Xbox360Forum.com

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I've beaten both and I must say that the two games really can't be compared under the perspective of 'which game is better'. They both are great games, each drawing from different styles and developments but one thing I know for sure is that TP is not an expansion or an addition from Ocarina of Time.

TP is an improvement of Wind Waker, A link to the Past and Ocarina of Time in many different ways. The dungeons are much more lengthy than OoT dungeons and there's more character development in that game than can ever be conceived of in OoT. Even the NPC you thought only had one purpose rears its ugly head later in the game and takes you on another entirely different adventure than the one you've been doing. TP surprises you on many different levels. I also must say the Wiimote as a sword has its advantages in many ways.

Ocarina of Time really has a more thought out story and that is its advantage over TP. There is more connections between the two different worlds in OoT, and the music is more prominent in this game. It forms the structure of the story - which is the ocarina of time. OoT does not really develop on other aspects and as a result, it is very linear compared to TP. OoT's most defining aspect is its music.

Member #
    Friends

woah

dude a very complex answer...i guess your right. some titan, huh?

Member #
    Friends
    1111-3333-5555-7777
    i only got my wii(brill!)and i dont know how to give seras cat the fish help!!!

Member #
    Friends
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    I dont know if its because I am older now but I really felt I was part of the game when playing OOT. I couldnt put the controller down. Twilight I can only play for so long. After I finish a temple I have to stop playing for a bit. I think OOT is the best Zelda ever and might not ever be topped. TP comes pretty close but is just missing that one element that just grabs you and really pulls you in.

OOT had great mini games in the town and many side quests to choose from. TP seems pretty straight forward.

Member #
    Friends
    1356-7747-1304-4619
    i have beaten oot 9 times (without cheats) i can beat it in 50 minutes and im still workin on tp
    ADD MY WII ONLINE CODE 1356-7747-1304-4619

USERNAME= evilknightrider

Member #
    Friends
    1356-7747-1304-4619
    very true lethal........
    ADD MY WII ONLINE CODE 1356-7747-1304-4619

USERNAME= evilknightrider

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    I've beaten both and I must say that the two games really can't be compared under the perspective of 'which game is better'. They both are great games, each drawing from different styles and developments but one thing I know for sure is that TP is not an expansion or an addition from Ocarina of Time.

TP is an improvement of Wind Waker, A link to the Past and Ocarina of Time in many different ways. The dungeons are much more lengthy than OoT dungeons and there's more character development in that game than can ever be conceived of in OoT. Even the NPC you thought only had one purpose rears its ugly head later in the game and takes you on another entirely different adventure than the one you've been doing. TP surprises you on many different levels. I also must say the Wiimote as a sword has its advantages in many ways.

Ocarina of Time really has a more thought out story and that is its advantage over TP. There is more connections between the two different worlds in OoT, and the music is more prominent in this game. It forms the structure of the story - which is the ocarina of time. OoT does not really develop on other aspects and as a result, it is very linear compared to TP. OoT's most defining aspect is its music.
    I think I would have to agree. I've thought about it since I've beaten the game, and I can never come to a 'one or the other' conclusion. They are both great games and both hold their own.

Ads