LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6306-7907-9161-5635
    I will visit every day and bring it flowers IF you visit mine.

Finally back with a Wii Kedarshashi's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    *gasps*

flowers???

omg im comim
    *:YOUR SUGAR COATED WORLD IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE:*

Member #
    Friends
    2836-6898-4933-5432
    Last edited by Cabe; 01-09-2007 at 08:47 AM.

If you want add me as a Wii Friend please PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    Alright, here's my timeline theory. Brace yourselves, it's long and there will be spoilers.

I should add that I don't really believe Nintendo have any idea about the timeline, essentially what this is just my attempt to link the games in some sort of way. Some of it is based partly on a timeline theory on this web site: http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.p...eid=248&page=1

I reckon that Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are all being constantly reincarnated through time, and I have used Roman numerals to distinguish between each incarnation of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf (e.g. Link I, Link II, etc.). The Oracles and Four Swords games were hardest to place, and I'm not entirely with where I ended up putting them. Anyway, here goes:

Beginning:

As told in Ocarina of Time, Hyrule was created by the Three Goddesses. After this was done, the Triforce was left behind. It had the ability to bestow great power on a person, but only if they were balanced in terms of courage, strength, and wisdom.

Link I (The Minish Cap):

This Triforce eventually came into possession of Hyrule's King. A Picori sorcerer, known as Vaati, learned of the existence of this great object, and decided to try and take it. Every year in Hyrule a swordfighting competition was held to celebrate the Picori's aid to the people of Hyrule. Vaati entered the tournament and won, but then he broke the Picori Blade and turned the King's daughter (Zelda I) into stone. Zelda I's childhood friend Link I set out on a quest to save her and restore the Picori Blade, with the aid of a Picori named Ezlo. Link I restored the blade to its former glory, and it became the Four Sword. He managed to rescue the Princess and save the day.

Backstory:

After the King died, the Triforce was passed onto his son, but when he tried to claim it, he found he could not. With the help of an unscrupulous magician, he questioned his sister, Zelda I. She refused to tell them anything, so the magician cast an eternal sleep spell over her. The Prince came to regret what he had done, and decreed that from now on, all royal princesses would be called Zelda. He also decided that it was too dangerous to keep the Triforce around, so it was moved to the Sacred Realm. Access to this realm was controlled by the Temple of Time, which also housed a new weapon, the Master Sword. A sage named Rauru was left to guard the Sacred Realm. That didn't stop some people trying to claim the Triforce though. At least one group of magicians managed to get into the Sacred Realm, but they were stopped by the Goddesses and sent to another world known as the Twilight Realm. Their descendants became the Twili, and access to this other Realm was controlled by the Mirror of Twilight.

Link II (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Four Swords):

In the Gerudo Desert, a powerful new King of the Gerudo had come to power, Ganondorf I. He set about invading Hyrule and trying to gain access the Sacred Realm using very powerful magic. Ganondorf had the power to enter the Sacred Realm using his own magic, and tried to prevent anyone gaining the three keys to the Temple of Time. The Great Deku Tree was guardian of one these keys, and he sent one of the children in his care, Link II, on a daring quest to stop Ganondorf. Link collected the three keys to the Temple of Time, gained the Master Sword, but was sent to the future by Rauru, who believed he was too young to fight Ganondorf. In the future, Ganondorf had gained control of the Triforce of Power, but because he lacked the virtues of wisdom and courage, those Triforces did not go to him, but instead they went to Zelda and Link. It was with this that the three became linked: the three of them would have their "essence" (souls?) constantly reincarnated through the ages by the power of the Triforce. Eventually, after awakening six sages (one from each major race: Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Nabooru, Impa, and Zelda), Link managed to defeat Ganondorf and seal him in the Sacred Realm. After this, Zelda decided to give Link his lost years back, and sent him back to his childhood. Shortly afterward Link set out on a journey leading to the events of Majora's Mask. After that, Link returned to Hyrule, where Vaati had returned. Again, he was stopped by Link II in Four Swords.

Link III (A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages, Four Swords Adventures, Link's Awakening):

Generations passed, and eventually the Temple of Time was forgotten about after Hyrule Castle was moved (due to the Lost Woods overgrowing). Ganondorf I was still in the Sacred Realm, which had now become the Dark World due to his influence. A wizard known as Agahnim was trying to help Ganondorf escape the Dark World, so a new Hero, Link III set out to stop him after hearing telepathic messages from Zelda III. Link III traveled to the Dark World and finally killed Ganondorf I. Both the Light and Dark Worlds were restored. However, all was not well, as Ganondorf's mother(s) Twinrova was trying to revive him. The Triforce sent Link III to the parallel worlds of Labryna and Holodrum, where Twinrova was trying to sacrifice Zelda III in order to bring Ganondorf back to life. After Link saved her, they sacrificed themselves instead, bringing back Ganondorf, who was again killed by Link. However, it did not matter as Ganondorf, like Link and Zelda, was linked to the Triforce, and was reincarnated as Ganondorf II, (I think that Ganondorf, unlike Link or Zelda is aware of his previous lives), attempts to again destroy Hyrule with the help of Vaati, but he is again stopped by Link and sealed in the Four Sword. Link handed the Four Sword over to the Seven Sages who decided to seal him in the Twilight Realm. Some time afterward, Link set off on a journey of enlightenment, leading to the events of Link's Awakening.

Link IV (Twilight Princess):

In the Twilight Realm there was a war of succession raging between two claimants to the throne: Midna and Zant. Ganondorf II decided to make an alliance with Zant, and lent him some of his power to defeat Midna. In return Ganondorf asked that Zant help him invade Hyrule, so Zant turned the Twili into a race of mindless shadow monsters, and stopped Midna by turning her into an imp. But she found help in the form of Link IV, who she knew was a Hero because he turned into a wolf upon entering the Twilight Realm. Together the two of them killed Zant and Ganondorf II.

Link V (Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link):

At some time before the original Legend of Zelda game, Link, Zelda and Ganondorf were revived as Link V, Zelda V, and Ganondorf III. Ganondorf once again invaded Hyrule and Link set out to stop him, after collecting the pieces of the Triforce that Zelda had managed to fragment. Link killed Ganondorf, but some time later Link set out on another journey to awaken the sleeping princess, Zelda I.

Link VI (The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass):

Once more Ganondorf was revived as Ganondorf IV, and who would of guessed it, he tries to invade Hyrule. But this time, instead of a Hero being sent to stop him, the land was flooded almost completely, leaving only the highest mountains left above the sea as small islands scattered across "the Great Sea". Hyrule was sealed away and trapped in time, the reasoning being that as long as there is a Hyrule, Ganondorf will always try to control it. But somehow Ganondorf managed to escape the seal and only a new Link, Link VI, could stop him, with some help from Tetra (unaware that she was in fact Zelda VI) and the King of Red Lions (a talking boat, under the control of the King of Hyrule). Link VI once more defeated Ganondorf, and he and Tetra then set sail to other lands, and to whatever happens in Phantom Hourglass.

Phew, that took a while to write!
    Last edited by Napalmbrain; 01-09-2007 at 09:01 AM.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    and BTW cam at least i have playe =d every zelda game and beaten rioght up 2 the nes one

WHAT?!?!?! Dude what grade are you in ?

And yes i have played almost all of Zelda games.

Napalmbrain your timeline is way better, and its more understanding and also makes Sense.

Here is the order of the games

The Minish Cap - Ocarina of Time - Majora's Mask - A Link to the Past - Link's Awakening - Legend of Zelda - Adventure of Link- Oracle of Ages - Oracle of Seasons (CHILD TIMELINE)

Ocarina of Time - Twilight Princess - TBA ZELDA GAME FOR WII - Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass (ADULT TIMELINE)
    Last edited by Manny21; 01-09-2007 at 11:01 AM.

NINTENDO DS lite :
    New Supermario Bros.
    Pokemon Diamond Version FC: 0215-7277-2942
    POKEMON BATTLE RECORD: 2-2

Finally back with a Wii Kedarshashi's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    thanx for the supporet man i am only in 8th grade but i have played every single zelda game and beaten napalm watevers zelda ti me line is exactly the same a bit mroe undersdtandable
    *:YOUR SUGAR COATED WORLD IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE:*

Ads