LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

HELP - Should I buy LOZ:TP (JP)?

I'm a newbie here. 1st post so please bear with me.

I'm facing an ongoing nightmare predicament with LOZ:TP! Should I buy LOZ:TP Japanese version?

I live in Hong Kong (can't read or understand any Japanese.
    Unfortunately Wii is still not officially launched anywhere in Asia outside of Japan ) and desperate to play Wii Sports (language obviously not a major issue with sports) have bought the JP console hoping that with freeloader available down the line I would be able to buy games locally (great price/choice/convenience). Or worst case scenerio, if freeloader isn't available, still play official HK games with major titles generally available in English format (ie. past experience with PS2).

Now almost 1 month later, having engaged many hours on Wiisports & fun making many Mii's to take my mind off it, I'm no longer able to restrain myself and am about to tip over the edge. I MUST START PLAYING LOZ:TP! But I'm afraid with all the in-game instruction and story in Japanese, I will be helplessly lost and wouldn't be as engage in the game play. Would an english game manual help overcome this? If so, anyone know where I can find this.

I blame Nintendo for still not officially releasing Wii in HK and for the stupid region-lock. I even read somewhere that it may never be release here because of the piracy problems in Asia. I blame you guys for continuing to rave about this game been the best. I blame all the forums and gamesites for voting it the BEST DAMN GAME and a MUST HAVE.

Help!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I don't know what you should do but I can tell you right now playing this game and a language you don't know will realy it ruin it and make it incredibly hard.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    For the best experience in TP, you've gotta play it in a familiar language. I'd suggest you wait longer and hope for the best.

Member #
    Friends
    you should not live in japan? A cheaper way is to import a UK/ American Wii.
    I Have A Wii!
    Games: WiiSports AND THATS ALL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintba||er
    Crikey I sound like an asshole.

Member #
    Friends
    8180-9496-6675-4312
    nijnahc, I am in the same case as you (except I live in korea and Wii will only be released here in winter 2007....).
    I strongly suggest you to wait for an english language version or a freeloader for Zelda.
    However, some fun games you can buy, and in which language is not an issue are Wii games(1st step with Wii or something like that) and Bleach (menus are subtitled in english).
    Let me know if you get some good japanese games playable without knowing the language ! I am not a big fan of retro games...

I am a girl, deal w/ it. kitkat_bar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2709-7937-9905-7391
    Quote Originally Posted by nijnahc
    I'm a newbie here. 1st post so please bear with me.

I'm facing an ongoing nightmare predicament with LOZ:TP! Should I buy LOZ:TP Japanese version?

I live in Hong Kong (can't read or understand any Japanese.
    Unfortunately Wii is still not officially launched anywhere in Asia outside of Japan ) and desperate to play Wii Sports (language obviously not a major issue with sports) have bought the JP console hoping that with freeloader available down the line I would be able to buy games locally (great price/choice/convenience). Or worst case scenerio, if freeloader isn't available, still play official HK games with major titles generally available in English format (ie. past experience with PS2).

Now almost 1 month later, having engaged many hours on Wiisports & fun making many Mii's to take my mind off it, I'm no longer able to restrain myself and am about to tip over the edge. I MUST START PLAYING LOZ:TP! But I'm afraid with all the in-game instruction and story in Japanese, I will be helplessly lost and wouldn't be as engage in the game play. Would an english game manual help overcome this? If so, anyone know where I can find this.

I blame Nintendo for still not officially releasing Wii in HK and for the stupid region-lock. I even read somewhere that it may never be release here because of the piracy problems in Asia. I blame you guys for continuing to rave about this game been the best. I blame all the forums and gamesites for voting it the BEST DAMN GAME and a MUST HAVE.

Help!
    Well I can't help with your Wii situation but I would like to know why you live in Japan. How is it over there? I have always wanted to go. How hard is it to eat and live there if you aren't used to the food and don't speak the language?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Member #
    Friends
    8180-9496-6675-4312
    Kitkat bar, if my understanding is right, he says he lives in Hong Kong (and bought an imported Wii).

Member #
    Friends
    I'm also in this situation but I decide to bought wii (jp) a week ago and, to tell you the truth, it worth 2710 HK$. Since I play Japanese games for a long time(DQ 1), even without Japanese language skill I can still enjoy it.

Right now I am very happy with wii, the only problem is I cannot connect to wii shop. I am not sure if it caused by my ISP side (in Shenzhen) or Nintendo side.

I am a girl, deal w/ it. kitkat_bar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2709-7937-9905-7391
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud
    Kitkat bar, if my understanding is right, he says he lives in Hong Kong (and bought an imported Wii).

Sorry I meant China, I wanted to know how he liked it over there.
    Last edited by kitkat_bar; 01-26-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Member #
    Friends
    8450-7414-5993-5063
    nope i cannot help, but u do need to play TP in english to fully enjoy the game!!!!!!!

My Codes
    Animal Crossing - 0086 - 8056-9621
    Mario Kart - 3608 6761 4607
    Wii- currently not accepting adds for my Wii

Ads