Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0130-2935-1724-6313

Whats The Sword Controls?

I know you can force the Wiimote down and it does a finishing blow and you can shove enemys away with it. But does anyone know if you can actually swing your sword with the Wiimote?

2. Ads

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by D Twizzle
    I know you can force the Wiimote down and it does a finishing blow and you can shove enemys away with it. But does anyone know if you can actually swing your sword with the Wiimote?
    yeh, but i heard it does preconfigured moves.

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    preconfigured?! awww man.. i'm hopin thats not true.. and its like free-hand.. if you get me..

Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    preconfigured?! awww man.. i'm hopin thats not true.. and its like free-hand.. if you get me..
    yeh, i hope if freehand.

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I think ones of them you make a circle in the air and he/she will do a spinning attack.
    I'm assuming this since in mario galaxy if you do that he does his spin attack thing

Member #
    Friends
    Freehand would be utterly useless in this game, have you even thought how it could be implemented, relatively speaking the figure you control is quite small making his sword even smaller, how would you accurately control him and WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF FREEHAND?! It seems sometimes that people want this in because it sounds like a good idea, and yes in somethings it could be, I'd like it to be an option in Red Steel because yes I can handle a sword so it would be cool.

But come ON, could you imagine playing LoZOT or MM with freehand? Did you need to? Did you lose anything by not? I think you're over estimating the complexities that this freehand could be used for. Its a platformer, you slash things, things die, you spin attack, things die and you finishing blow and yup, things die. You are not Shinobii or Obi Wan, you are Link.

Freehand is cool, not in a Zelda game though and personally I think it would only work in a FP perspective like the bow/hookshot aiming or a zoomed in simplistic approach a la fishing, these two uses I like
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Taero
    Freehand would be utterly useless in this game, have you even thought how it could be implemented, relatively speaking the figure you control is quite small making his sword even smaller, how would you accurately control him and WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF FREEHAND?! It seems sometimes that people want this in because it sounds like a good idea, and yes in somethings it could be, I'd like it to be an option in Red Steel because yes I can handle a sword so it would be cool.

But come ON, could you imagine playing LoZOT or MM with freehand? Did you need to? Did you lose anything by not? I think you're over estimating the complexities that this freehand could be used for. Its a platformer, you slash things, things die, you spin attack, things die and you finishing blow and yup, things die. You are not Shinobii or Obi Wan, you are Link.

Freehand is cool, not in a Zelda game though and personally I think it would only work in a FP perspective like the bow/hookshot aiming or a zoomed in simplistic approach a la fishing, these two uses I like
    I was talking of read steal all this time

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    You Press The B Button And Move Your Arm... Well... Thats What It Says On Gameplay Videos!

Meh

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Yeah i thought it was freehand and that looked so cool but then they said they would change to pre-recorded, man i think that they should have kept both and u could change from menu to which ever u wanted cause freehand would be the best thing ever! But pre recorded doesnt sound to bad it just makes me feel like when we play red steel that we will see the same animation of the sword every time which is a bit weird but meh, the fact that their is a sword controller ability is already too good so wateva it will be it will be dam fine.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by deity_link
    I think ones of them you make a circle in the air and he/she will do a spinning attack.
    I'm assuming this since in mario galaxy if you do that he does his spin attack thing
    That is correct.
    <----- Yes, all swedish people look like that

It's cheap, and fun!

Ads