Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yeah good point, i think there will be a lot of side quests in this game

Even in the darkness, there shines a light
    so dont be beaten by what you cannot see

Member #
    Friends
    Is this really a good thing? At that sort of size the game world would surely be mostly empty fields and hills. Remember how dull sailing was in Wind Waker?

Member #
    Friends
    I really Doubt that if you wanted to come to the other side of Hyrule it would Take 45 minutes, thats just stupid. Many people will get extremely bored if it was that long :/
    (= Back =)

Member #
    Friends
    this stinks what if your like stuck in the game and you dont know where to go.....i hope i dont get stuck....cause normally when i am i just start going around everywhere to find out what to do next, and if its 45 minutes....then i better be willing to play a pretty long time
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    If it is 45 min then im selling the game its just completely unneccesary to make it 45 min to get to the other side
    (= Back =)

Member #
    Friends
    I don't see how making the world bigger can be a downside. It doesn't mean it's gonna take 45mins everytime you go somewhere which many of you just assume. It also doesn't mean it's 45mins of riding true some boring field with nothing in it.

I'm sure if you'd try the same thing on wind waker you'd get about 20-30mins if not longer and I think I've never sailed that long unless I was searching for something.

They will include teleportation songs no doubt but I'm sure there will also be parts where you have to travel through hyrule for 15minutes just to get somewhere, maybe even longer. That's part of the adventure and there is no reason to think it's gonna be boring.

Y'all need to be more positive, just assuming the worst is not a great way of looking at things.

Member #
    Friends
    reminds me of WoW or Olbivion 4

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by chessaholic
    I think this wouldn't be too bad, if travelling from one end to the other. What i think would be a good idea is to have small villages dotted around; where you could save. Each village could have a shop and a minigame, and would offer people a 'way out' so they could save and exit without ending up back at the starting end of the field. Also, if the horseback fights happened quite often, and other things could be done while riding, it may be quite good.

yes i agree with u they did something similar to this sort of thing in Majora's Mask; the 45-minute long ride may b how long u reach hyule throughout the whole game, so when ur at the end of the game, to get back to the beginning area, u would have to ride a total of 45 minutes horseback. of course, this information is a bit misleading (45 minutes thing) because the person who recorded this may have traveled the longest routes a normal player would not take to cross hyrule; u never know. besides, if the ocarina is usable, cant u teleport places that make it an overall shorter distance to get to other places? the developers of this game would not have left this so-called "45-minute ride over hyrule" behind, theres more to it than just that
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcclane
    I don't see how making the world bigger can be a downside. It doesn't mean it's gonna take 45mins everytime you go somewhere which many of you just assume. It also doesn't mean it's 45mins of riding true some boring field with nothing in it.

I'm sure if you'd try the same thing on wind waker you'd get about 20-30mins if not longer and I think I've never sailed that long unless I was searching for something.

They will include teleportation songs no doubt but I'm sure there will also be parts where you have to travel through hyrule for 15minutes just to get somewhere, maybe even longer. That's part of the adventure and there is no reason to think it's gonna be boring.

Y'all need to be more positive, just assuming the worst is not a great way of looking at things.

Very nicely put, please read my post i wrote just before too please
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    yes i agree with u they did something similar to this sort of thing in Majora's Mask; the 45-minute long ride may b how long u reach hyule throughout the whole game, so when ur at the end of the game, to get back to the beginning area, u would have to ride a total of 45 minutes horseback. of course, this information is a bit misleading (45 minutes thing) because the person who recorded this may have traveled the longest routes a normal player would not take to cross hyrule; u never know. besides, if the ocarina is usable, cant u teleport places that make it an overall shorter distance to get to other places? the developers of this game would not have left this so-called "45-minute ride over hyrule" behind, theres more to it than just that
    The start point and the end point of the game don't have to be the start and end point of the game world. You might start in the middle of the world and then go to a direction of your choice.

You got a good point about the 45min being misleading. If you'd take oblivion you can say it'll take 5 hours to get from one end of the world to the other. This doesn't mean it takes 5 hours all the time. Even if you'd be crazy enough to cross the world in oblivion there are lots of caves and gates to make the trip interesting enough. There are also a billion possible routes you could travel so the recorded time would only apply for that exact route.

There is no doubt in my mind they will include some sort of teleport device or spell like they did in WW and OoT.

Ads