LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    The running is a bit weird yeh but I can live with that but his jumping... What da hell?!?!?! He jumps and his elbows stay aginst his body and his hands just sort of sit there weird

Take a look(sorry its not very clear):
    Links Running Animation-jump.jpg

Member #
    Friends
    Who Cares??? Like I Said Before It Doesnt Matter How He Runs Or Jump!!!
    Legend of Zelda#1 Series

Member #
    Friends
    well at some point, the little things over take the big things. The animations are apart of the game. What parts of the game make a good game and what parts dont. If the animation dident matter, would it be ok for him to just stand in place and move around, like quake? They do matter, as its part of the game. The color matters (btw the color is some of the best i have seen in a game, not best graphics, but best... "art"). The gameplay matters, everything thats in the game makes the game and thus is importent.

In this case, i dont think its a problem and im really picky about my games. especily with the animations, but the animations seem to suit him.

When you say the game was mirrored, does that mean the maps too? exactly what was mirrored? if the null on the sword for codeing perpuses wasent mirrored, but the animation and model was, that would be messed up. i hope the mirror fix wasent too wonky to effect gameplay

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    IIRC, the entire game is mirrored. Including maps and dungeons and what-not. This is because most people hold the Wii-mote in their right hand. I don't think that will matter much, except for maybe Speedruns of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaine06
    Who Cares??? Like I Said Before It Doesnt Matter How He Runs Or Jump!!!
    I care. If I have to watch link running for the ENTIRE game, I want it to look powerful, or at least convincing. What I've seen so far somewhat unnerves me, because I just can't see the emotion of the character. If it was a character like Zelda, it wouldn't matter so much, as you won't have to watch her for the entire game, but when it's the main character you should probably put a lot more effort into it.

As a comparison, look at some of the videos of Epona in Twilight Princess. When she is sprinting hard, she really feels like she is sprinting hard. It has great weighting built into it.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    IIRC, the entire game is mirrored. Including maps and dungeons and what-not. This is because most people hold the Wii-mote in their right hand. I don't think that will matter much, except for maybe Speedruns of the game.

I care. If I have to watch link running for the ENTIRE game, I want it to look powerful, or at least convincing. What I've seen so far somewhat unnerves me, because I just can't see the emotion of the character. If it was a character like Zelda, it wouldn't matter so much, as you won't have to watch her for the entire game, but when it's the main character you should probably put a lot more effort into it.

As a comparison, look at some of the videos of Epona in Twilight Princess. When she is sprinting hard, she really feels like she is sprinting hard. It has great weighting built into it.
    Who cares??? I mean do you really have to go into detail about the way he runs. If he aint running like no retard then its ok.
    Legend of Zelda#1 Series

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaine06
    Who cares??? I mean do you really have to go into detail about the way he runs. If he aint running like no retard then its ok.
    Why post in the thread if your so bothered about its content. People are free to discuss whatever they please about the game... AS you are to protest against it (before you come with a retort), but the FACT is, why bother crunchin down on other peoples fun or imagination if your happy and content on the way things are?

You dont like it then stay clear of the thread. Its like an elderly married couple, the husband tends to agree with EVRYTHING his wife says to save the peace. but you seem to be doing the opposite, why?

*EDIT*

I too dislike the current (HOPE its just the current) run animation for Link, and have thought this for a LONG time. I been meaning to join up on forums and discuss it with people in hopes of it being noticed by the games developers and taken into consideration. I saw this thread and thought I would sign up and begin, although its more then likely too late... ah well.

The game it self is shaping up to be one of the best to grace the 'Legend of Zelda' title. Its been said though that the small things do stand out later on, and its true. I would prefer to see link running like he's straight, EVEN if he in fact isn't (no REAL offence towards homosexual individuals). When I 1st layed eyes on the running animation I almost lost interest (jokes), but thats how deeply I took it to heart. You cant build a game world for ZELDA, looking so nice and then miss out the correct or atleast 'better looking' animation for how your going to move around it for the most part

*EDIT*

Also been mentioned was the fact that the animation lacks 'feeling/emotion' which I totally agree with. It looks like Link isn't really bothered if he gets caught by the giant spider creature (i say creature cus we all know spiders have 8 small eyes ) n is more like he prancin n merely looking behing over his shoulder to see if he still being followed, saying "chase me, chase me ". hence me saying he strolls more so on the limp wristed side of things.. too far for my liking (once again though no REAL offence to homosexual individuals). He's too upright, and needs to lean more forward as if TRYING to reach his destination at an accelerated pace... after giving it more thought he looks as if he's had something BAD happen to his backside in the past and isnt looking to re-experience it anytime soon, so for now I will leave my views open on his sexuality
    Last edited by KaDee; 10-16-2006 at 08:07 AM.
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    Some good points. Glad I'm not the only one who's seen this, and just thought to myself "Really? That's the animation we have to watch, for 70 hours of gameplay?"

I guess, in the end, it won't bother me to such an extent, as we'll be playing the game, rather than watching the videos. It's like watching Red Steel, or even the bow shooting in Zelda: TP. You just watch the people trying to play, and they miss all the time. Kinda gives me motion sickness when I'm thinking to myself, "Move the gun left! MOVE IT LEFT!" and the player is constantly moving it all over the damn place. Once I get it in my hands, I might be able to overlook the annoying animation.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    Some good points. Glad I'm not the only one who's seen this, and just thought to myself "Really? That's the animation we have to watch, for 70 hours of gameplay?"

I guess, in the end, it won't bother me to such an extent, as we'll be playing the game, rather than watching the videos. It's like watching Red Steel, or even the bow shooting in Zelda: TP. You just watch the people trying to play, and they miss all the time. Kinda gives me motion sickness when I'm thinking to myself, "Move the gun left! MOVE IT LEFT!" and the player is constantly moving it all over the damn place. Once I get it in my hands, I might be able to overlook the annoying animation.
    True, I think the same at times when watching vids for upcoming games.. BUT you cant help but notice the run, I mean COME-ON! lol. It hurts the sensitive 'gamers' eye, and unnerves the 'gamers' fingers to the point when actually playing you will be trying to find ways in which while running link doesnt look so unemotionaly attached to the task at hand.

Like when I got and played (actually before I got it, and was watching vids, posting in a forum) Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. The regular jump has him looking like he's scared of hights with each bound you make, because his arms flail like he trying to determain whether he's in an oxygen populated atmosphere or underwater And so to solve this appauling problem and make him look more HULK like when bounding I would tend to hold down the 'O' button I believe it was. It initiates a pose like he's bounding with purpose, or if he's carrying something/someone he bounds more HULK like.

With Link however I think I've seen him running with a pot above his head or something in a vid and it didnt improve his lower body or upper body movement for that matter

"The creators of the game have abandoned me... now there is no hope" (God of War intro speech from Kratos, altered)

Member #
    Friends
    lol...yea, I thought it was kinda weird...we can only hope they fix it, or at least hope he stays on Epona if they don't...hahahaha
    Twilight Princess in 8 days...approximately anyways. BEST ZELDA GAME EVA!!! Come on!!! I can't wait!!!

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjingles_23
    lol...yea, I thought it was kinda weird...we can only hope they fix it, or at least hope he stays on Epona if they don't...hahahaha
    lol very true

Ads