LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 81
  1. #41
    WiiChat Member White-Wolf's Avatar
    Member #
    2150
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    280
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    well i think that when they were talking about iteams and incumberance i think they are talking about what he is holding in his hands. Link seems to move a tad faster, and moves his arms more when his shield and sword are stowed. When he runs with his sword and shield out, the weapons seems to pull on him and thus his arms drag and are less active.
    Last edited by White-Wolf; 10-17-2006 at 08:32 PM.

  2. #42
    Intellectual Visionary KaDee's Avatar
    Member #
    2309
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    255
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    If they were going to allow you to take off gear, or drop items, I assume you would only be able to do it in towns at a safe room, like maybe a bank or a chest in your home / farm. In that way, going back and forth to pick up / drop your items will be VERY annoying. Aswell, what happens when you drop some gear on a pressure plate, and it turns out you need something that you dropped. So you have to go back and try to replace it with something of equal weight. And what happens at the end, if it doesnt automatically give you your gear back ? You would have to go back through the entire dungeon trying to remember where you left your gear
    I've thought about your point to do with safe rooms and such before hand. Those too could be added, but I'm refering to placing your equipment down at points where you HAVE to pass them on your way back anyway so you cant miss them, i.e. as I said you have to go to a dead end where a lever is, but a pressure plate is blocking your way. On your way back across you would/should see your equipment and remember to pick it up. I didnt say you drop your GEAR on a pressure plate, I was refering to your own weight needing to be in check, meaning you have to remove items BEFORE stepping on one.

    About the boss fights, because you would be able to drop your gear IN the room, you wouldnt have to refight the boss as such. As long as you grasp the fact that your too slow to evade attacks you immediately run to the side and shed unnecessary weight. Then at the end of the boss battle, if they bring back the circles of light that warp you to the outside of the dungeon, your dropped equipment could be regained automatically when you step into the light. Thus saving you a return trip for lost equipment.

    Fighting bosses repeatedly isn't my idea of gaming fun either, but if you beat the boss 1st time with ease then you would complain about the level of difficulty. To change the difficulty they tend to either minimise the amount of damage the you inflict on the boss, or increase the amount of damage it inflicts on you. Adding in speed of movement, besides your own reflexes as the player, would add a newer style of difficulty, which as I said could be adjusted to how YOU want to be challenged. Mere reflexes of your own hands/fingers/thumbs is usually what determines the battle in such games, but how about bringing in the reflexes of the character your PLAYING.

    I would prefer a more 'free-form' game, like Prince of Persia: Warrior Withins fighting system. The combos weren't all preset in a specific linear pattern, so you could link parts of combos to others to an extent (we know 'free-form' can only go so far, the fact remains the game is doing what it was programmed to do, so theres still restrictions and boundaries). So with the weight system you can, as I once again say, adjust to YOUR liking and style of play and personal challenge.
    If you like quick movement for battle then carry light weapons (using the Bow, like Legalus from Lord of the Rings, picking off enemies from the outside) to dance circles round your opponents, toying with them and wearing them down, like an Out-Boxer in the ring, stepping in only when ready to land a hit.
    If heavy crushing blows are more your approach then of course, carry heavy set weapons (like the Megaton Hammer, IF returning) that upon swining would inflict critical damage to the enemy, this would be an In-Boxer, dominating a head to head bout.

    Either way you dont like the idea so be contented it more then likely wont be in the game. As I said im just introducing my ideas to the forum as I have done so for other up-coming titles in the past.
    Last edited by KaDee; 10-18-2006 at 04:03 AM.
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

  3. #43
    WiiChat Member Flip's Avatar
    Member #
    1838
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    756
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    I can kind of see what you're saying, but to me, it just doesn't seem like the best thing to do. It overly complicates things unnecessarily. I'd rather a good old-fashioned Zelda game, that sticks to its roots and doesn't try to be anything other than what it is.

    But I'm sure they would / could have considered your idea already. Whether or not they will incorporate something like that is entirely up to them. I accept that they know what they are doing, and that the general public doesn't know what it wants, but it knows what it doesn't want.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

  4. #44
    WiiChat Member Mrjingles_23's Avatar
    Member #
    2119
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    207
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    No way will they incorporate that 'item drop/pick-up' thing...it isn't Zelda style. No, Link probably just doesn't move as quick...we'll see, won't we?
    Twilight Princess in 8 days...approximately anyways. BEST ZELDA GAME EVA!!! Come on!!! I can't wait!!!

  5. #45
    Intellectual Visionary KaDee's Avatar
    Member #
    2309
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    255
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjingles_23
    No way will they incorporate that 'item drop/pick-up' thing...it isn't Zelda style. No, Link probably just doesn't move as quick...we'll see, won't we?
    Lol how narrow minded. YES it isn't Zelda style to-date, and neither was WW. Were not alot of people disgruntled with the sudden change in graphics style. I know that my idea would barely be REALLY thought upon by the production team and incorporated, but AS I said, I was merely trying to introduce FRESH ideas. Anyone feeling to add such ideas, WITHOUT people saying, "that would never work, its not "Zelda style", then by all means let me know YOUR ideas or imaginative thoughts for the game.

    You forget that before Link donned a mask and was able to transform into its likeness, THAT wasn't part of the "Zelda style".
    Before he mounted a horse, THAT wasn't part of the "Zelda style".
    Before he had a fairy following/leading him about, hinting or giving clues, THAT wasn't part of the "Zelda style".
    So before you speak again about ANY up-coming game using the words, "Not part of the style", remember what games were like before each new title had FRESH/NEW ideas incorporated!

    There was a guy like you in the DBZ: BT forums, that was disliked by many of its members. One of the reasons I disliked him is for the way he would intervene in my threads with "imaginative" people like myself and talk about how this and that would never be in the final build and such forth, basically making use of the term, "Don't mean to burst your bubble". As I said I'm not saying it will be there in the end but for now, as a way to keep minds occupied while in the forum, people could share their ideas for what they would like to see in either this or a future title.
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

  6. #46
    Evil Link Zaine06's Avatar
    Member #
    2216
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    392
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    If they could make link jump up and down in this one it would be a great game. But on the other hand it is not better to jump because it is fun find ways around tough obstacles. But it would be cool if he could jump in LOZTP.
    Legend of Zelda#1 Series

  7. #47
    Intellectual Visionary KaDee's Avatar
    Member #
    2309
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    255
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaine06
    If they could make link jump up and down in this one it would be a great game. But on the other hand it is not better to jump because it is fun find ways around tough obstacles. But it would be cool if he could jump in LOZTP.
    I too have thought about that, not entirely in the sense of hoping they add manual jumping in TP, but in general why Link can't jump at will.

    Although I'm used to it now and dont really notice it, it gave a feeling of being glued to the ground. Only being able to jump when you reach the end of your current plateform takes abit of realism out of it.
    True they done it because they haven't yet include puzzles or traps that required you to jump willfully, but if they did they could add a whole lot more in terms of dungeon difficulty. Think about it, the types of traps currently in Zelda give you the sense of urgency if your being chased by a wall of flame and have to clear the plateform to escape it... but thats not really a sense of pressure, because all you have to do is make sure you hold down the analogue in the right direction, because the wall of flame is set at Links running pace, and will only catch you if you falter.

    Now run that scenario again but with a spiked pole stretching across the width of the corridor/room at knee hight, and it moves faster then Links running pace. This requires you to run as far as possible untill its right behind you and then time your jump accordingly. That however will sound like a very simple and recycled trap, but that was a basic idea of what im getting at.
    You could add to spiked poles at different hights, one at knee hight, the other at chest hight, and you have to run so far across the length of the with them coming towards you from both directions. Here you would have jump and crouch to avoid being hit, and if they were set on a repeated pattern going back and forth across the room it gives the pressure and urgency.
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

  8. #48
    Evil Link Zaine06's Avatar
    Member #
    2216
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    392
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by KaDee
    I too have thought about that, not entirely in the sense of hoping they add manual jumping in TP, but in general why Link can't jump at will.

    Although I'm used to it now and dont really notice it, it gave a feeling of being glued to the ground. Only being able to jump when you reach the end of your current plateform takes abit of realism out of it.
    True they done it because they haven't yet include puzzles or traps that required you to jump willfully, but if they did they could add a whole lot more in terms of dungeon difficulty. Think about it, the types of traps currently in Zelda give you the sense of urgency if your being chased by a wall of flame and have to clear the plateform to escape it... but thats not really a sense of pressure, because all you have to do is make sure you hold down the analogue in the right direction, because the wall of flame is set at Links running pace, and will only catch you if you falter.

    Now run that scenario again but with a spiked pole stretching across the width of the corridor/room at knee hight, and it moves faster then Links running pace. This requires you to run as far as possible untill its right behind you and then time your jump accordingly. That however will sound like a very simple and recycled trap, but that was a basic idea of what im getting at.
    You could add to spiked poles at different hights, one at knee hight, the other at chest hight, and you have to run so far across the length of the with them coming towards you from both directions. Here you would have jump and crouch to avoid being hit, and if they were set on a repeated pattern going back and forth across the room it gives the pressure and urgency.
    I agree that is true but they are probably make him jump in this one manually? I am hoping not because I like to run around and solve puzzles on the ground.
    Legend of Zelda#1 Series

  9. #49
    Intellectual Visionary KaDee's Avatar
    Member #
    2309
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    255
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaine06
    I agree that is true but they are probably make him jump in this one manually? I am hoping not because I like to run around and solve puzzles on the ground.
    I dont mind either way, I have Prince of Persia if I want to swing on poles and slide down narrow crevices.

    The way I look at the way they've done Zelda, He doens't manually jump because theres no need unless theres a box/wall/absence of ground, etc, infront of him. When there is such a obstacle before Link the action buttons command changes to suit what is needed to pass, i.e. grab, climb, or he will jump automatically in the case of absence of ground. This way it leaves room on the control layout for other actions amoung the buttons.

    As I said it would only add more realism to the game if you could jump willfully, but it wouldn't really affect gameplay that much, unless they actually devised new traps/puzzles to accommodate the free-jumping action.
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

  10. #50
    vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    1694
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    448
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This'll be a bit off topic, but it's still about Zelda:

    Do you think there's going to be sword-locking in this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Character Guide Thread
    By Splash_King in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. Wii Tiger Woods 08 vs Microsoft Links 2003
    By austinAlan in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 07:19 AM
  3. animation help
    By gh05t in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 12:11 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 08:43 AM

Search tags for this page

link animation run
,

link run animation

,

link running animation

,
running link animation
,
running wolf editable avatar animation
,

twilight princess link run animation

,

twilight princess run animation

,

twilight princess running animation

,
wii avatar running animation
,
wolves running animation
,
zelda link's animation twilight princess
,
zelda tp link's animation
Click on a term to search for related topics.