LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1700-4461-8485-7240
    I personally would not want to see the Zelda series die. It's my favorite Nintendo franchise, and I LOVED TP and think they can do better on the Wii, so I'd be devastated.

I know a lot of people who complained about TP, but I personally liked it and saw it as a sort of testing the waters game. It was kind of like Nintendo was testing what they could do with Link on the 'cube.
    So I think if Nintendo takes what was good about TP and builds on it, the next Zelda game will be really stellar.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Up until Twilight Princess there was a Zelda game every 2 years, with TP coming 4 years after the last.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Mario Kart here I come!!! jjrules352's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i heard somwer (dont ask me wer my memory is shit) that they were making a new zelda that took place in d future it even had some drawings in the article 2

liv buy a wii and play it

Mario strikers football Charged rules

Even do I reaaali suck

pm for for fc (europe only)

Member #
    Friends
    4778-4071-1717-2635
    A futuristic Zelda is fake, very fake... was an april fools joke from wiitv.com look here

I think placing all the elements of The legend of Zelda and placing them in a very distant and modern future would be a bad Idea. Would take away the escense of the game, i think. Why have link fighting with lazer guns and riding a motorcycle. It's just wrong or at least that's what i think.
    Last edited by reche; 09-28-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    im sure we'll hear something from nintendo soon enough, they wouldnt make twilight princess without saying that it was gonna be the last console zelda game

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    8272-7213-4018-2260
    this is my best estimate after seeing the release dates of each zelda:

feb 08-may 08= announcement
    2009-2011= release

My Brawl FC: 1934-0362-3348

Member #
    Friends
    I don't really understand how any of you guys can say TP was better than Ocarina of Time. I don't really have a problem with TP it's just that Ocarina of Time really just sums up my teenage years. Ocarina of Time is a time tested classic that just can't be knocked off by some motion controls. When Shiek teaches Link the Serenade of Water I was almost brought to tears . Midna to me was just a replacement for Navi, who was in my opinion his best sidekick. They are both annoying in their own rites but when I think Link I think of him with his little ball of light with wings floating beside him.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Meh, I don't think we've seen the end of the Zelda and friends. I mean, Nintendo is going to keep milking that cash cow until the milk stops flowing, so aside from a lengthy await time I can't see this as the end. Zelda is Miyamoto's baby so to speak here.

If it is the end then maybe you guys can talk Phillips into creating a couple? Not sure if this was JUST for Phillips hardware however they managed to squeeze out an almost unlimited usage license of 5 Nintendo characters (Mario, Luigi, Zelda, Link, and Gannon) and created a series of there own Zelda titles back in the day on there CDi. Worst case scenario Phillips might be able to step up to the plate if Nintendo is bored cashing Zelda checks.

Quote Originally Posted by GThwaite
    They are both annoying in their own rites but when I think Link I think of him with his little ball of light with wings floating beside him.
    When I think of Link beside a fairy I think I need to run over it to re-fill my life meter before everything goes black again. Man I love retro gaming.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    This is my same post on the topic below yours

Here's an IGN article on the subject, it was written after quizzing Miyamoto:

E3 2007: Aonuma and Miyamoto on Next Wii Zelda
    Some ideas are being thrown around, but don't expect a sequel anytime soon.
    by Matt Casamassina

US, July 12, 2007 - The launch of Twilight Princess with the Wii was a first for Nintendo, which has never delivered a Zelda game so early in the life cycle of a new console. So does that mean fans may not be treated to another Zelda project, this time developed exclusively for Wii? Well, at the very least, it looks like it's going to be awhile, Speaking with IGN Wii, Twilight Princess director Eiji Aonuma and Nintendo producer Shigeru Miyamoto collectively indicated that while some ideas are being tossed around for a new Wii Zelda project, nothing is very far along, or set in stone.

Asked if Twilight Princess would be Wii's last Zelda, Aonuma said, "I can't say, but I guess for now, maybe, yeah [laughs]. Not to say that it's going to be the final game. There's still a lot of potential with the Wii so there's still a possibility that there could be another Zelda for it. We do have some ideas in the works, but I can't say for sure because none of them have been approved and we're still very much in the planning process, so I hope you look forward to whatever comes out."

While Twilight Princess performed under expectations in Japan, the newly released DS title, Phantom Hourglass, is selling very well, and Nintendo is taking notice of gamers' reactions. "The Phantom Hourglass has been released in Japan and reception has been very, very positive," said Aonuma. "We've actually been able to receive feedback from the users and we'll definitely take all of those comments into consideration when creating the next Zelda, whether it be for Wii or DS."

Shigeru Miyamoto elaborated on the likelihood of another Wii Zelda. "It's really hard to say because we've never had a Zelda that's appeared so early in the life cycle of the system, so it's definitely possible that there would be another Zelda on Wii," he said. "Of course, the challenge is that typically a Zelda game is something that takes three years to develop, so we'll just have to wait and see."
    Last edited by Eagles; 10-08-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Zelda is nintendo's big money maker, next to Mario. I highly doubt they would stop making such WONDERFUL games!

ZELDA!!!

Ads