LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by KaDee
    so I would of thought you would have tried to prepare your self more to become apart of the Japanese lively hood.
    How about I work on my Japanese, and you keep practising your English?
    I can't even work out what you're trying to say here.

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo
    How about I work on my Japanese, and you keep practising your English?
    I can't even work out what you're trying to say here.
    Why are you taking this to a level it doesnt need to go? I wasn't being rude to you in the 1st place, but now your trying to ridicule me, what for?

What I meant was, before going to live in Japan, I would work on my Japanese language and such so once arriving their, I can fit in alot easier with the customs and their way of life. However I was mainly getting at being able to watch TV shows their and of course, from you making this topic, playing the games in their ogirinal language. As well as being able to communicate with local people in general and/or incase of emergency.
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

fEz
    Member #
    Friends
    Hey Jamo

I'm in much the same situation as you. I live in Japan and haven't yet mastered the language and feel much the same way about spending money on games like Zelda if they don't have any English language support.

Ive found it hard to find a straight answer on this topic, however by the research I've done, I doubt any of the actual games have built in English support. What i want to really know is if the actual Japanese Wii console has English support. I haven't yet found an answer to this.

The Japanese wii launched about a week ago and I'm really keen to get one, however id rather import one if it doesn't have English language support. So I would really like a straight answer if anyone knows.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by fEz
    What i want to really know is if the actual Japanese Wii console has English support.
    I've heard that it doesn't support English, the interface is in Japanese only.

As for Zelda, other games in the series apparently contained relatively easy Japanese (not so many kanji), so I'm gonna give it a shot. Might take me a while to finish, but hey, what can you do?

Let us know how you get on with importing - I guess the U.S. console would work fine on a Japanese TV?

Member #
    Friends
    thread has kind of died, but I'm a foreigner living in Japan as well and I just picked up a Japanese Wii. Based on my average knowledge of Japanese, I'm pretty sure the console itself only supports Japanese menus. I'm quite surprised at this considering the DS is multi language. But knowing the modification gaming world, I'm sure they will come out with a way to flash firmware or something in the future.

I have been reading that Datel is working on a freeloader disc for the Wii, so they can play games from all regions, so eventually region coding won't be a major issue.

Also, I'm interested in getting Zelda myself, but don't want to play it with an open Japanese/English dictionary for all the technical magical language or slang. Ive been reading that you can play games by Nintendo on all Wii systems, regardless of region. But only games made BY Nintendo like Wii Sports or Zelda, their own branded games. I could be wrong, will read more on it in the morning. However, if its true, then there are quite a few places in Akihabara that sell US import video games. I'm sure you could find a copy of the US Zelda there.

Anyways hope this helps

Ads