LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Will the Japanese release have English support?

Just wondering if anybody knows if the Japanese release of Twilight Princess (or any other Wii game for that matter) is going to have the option to play in English?

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo
    Just wondering if anybody knows if the Japanese release of Twilight Princess (or any other Wii game for that matter) is going to have the option to play in English?
    If the English version doesnt have a language support of any kind then I doubt it? (Thats not a "if" as in to say I dont know, because from the sounds of it, the English version doesnt have language support)
    Mind if I ask what your situation is? i.e are you currently staying/living in Japan but are not Japanese by nationality or ethnic origin?

Just curious as to why your location says "Japan" (unless its a joke/for the sake of it) but your asking about English support. I would have thought you would be fluent in Japense... or maybe you just cant read the langauge?
    Last edited by KaDee; 11-03-2006 at 12:58 AM.
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

Member #
    Friends
    I'm currently living in Japan, but a long way from Japanese fluency.

Can't wait to get my hands on Zelda - but I don't want to miss out on the plot. Since the Wii's going to be region locked I might end up having to import a U.S console if I want to play it..

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    I'm currently living in Japan, but a long way from Japanese fluency.

Can't wait to get my hands on Zelda - but I don't want to miss out on the plot. Since the Wii's going to be region locked I might end up having to import a U.S console if I want to play it..
    Not asking your reasons why, but just how long have you been there so far? I personaly would try to learn the language, even partial basic/fundamental parts, before actually going to stay/live there.

Im just glad that I can get it straight when it comes and how it comes, which sadly for me is Dec 8th, whereas I understand for others they get it 2 weeks earlier I think.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by KaDee
    Not asking your reasons why, but just how long have you been there so far? I personaly would try to learn the language, even partial basic/fundamental parts, before actually going to stay/live there.

Been here a couple of years, I understand the basics - but not enough to play an RPG. I could probably figure out most things but I'd miss out on a lot of incidental detail and the little hints to secrets that you get by talking to people - that kind of thing.

Member #
    Friends
    I dont know I am not japanese. (JK)
    Legend of Zelda#1 Series

Member #
    Friends

Japanese is not easy...

Quote Originally Posted by KaDee

Im just glad that I can get it straight when it comes and how it comes, which sadly for me is Dec 8th, whereas I understand for others they get it 2 weeks earlier I think.
    Well,I am in a very similar situation...Im a foreign living in Japan,and my Japanese is not bad,but in order to be able to know just whats going on in a RPG game in Japanese,you need to have studies an average of 4 hours for the last 4 years,just to grasp the basics in written japanese.
    So dont be so patronising...

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb
    Well,I am in a very similar situation...Im a foreign living in Japan,and my Japanese is not bad,but in order to be able to know just whats going on in a RPG game in Japanese,you need to have studies an average of 4 hours for the last 4 years,just to grasp the basics in written japanese.
    So dont be so patronising...
    You misunderstood my post, and if you look around the Zelda board you will see I'm the sort of person who stands up for those who are patronised. I merely stated that before going to a foreign country to live, I would consider going about learning how to speak and write in their language to a certain extent beforehand, reason being you never know when communication and understanding can be affected in emergencies.

Member #
    Friends
    The trouble is everyday conversation with Japanese people generally doesn't involve being sent to retrieve master swords, whack forest monsters in the tail 3 times to weaken them before using your bombs to finish them off, or slipping into the dark realm to retrieve hidden objects.

And if anyone's still interested in the original question, the answer is probably not - although apparently the Japanese used in Wind Waker was quite simple.

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    The trouble is everyday conversation with Japanese people generally doesn't involve being sent to retrieve master swords, whack forest monsters in the tail 3 times to weaken them before using your bombs to finish them off, or slipping into the dark realm to retrieve hidden objects.

And if anyone's still interested in the original question, the answer is probably not - although apparently the Japanese used in Wind Waker was quite simple.
    lol true, but I assume this is not the 1st Zelda game you've played (assuming you've played it), and you probably watch Jap anime (my personal assumption), so I would of thought you would have tried to prepare your self more to become apart of the Japanese lively hood. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying I expected you to learn the langauge fluently over night, my original post on this matter was my own personal opinion remember, which was that before actually going to live in another country, I would try equip myself with suitable knowledge.

Ads