Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6267-1290-5033-7224

How Many Of You REALLY Explore Games?

Im curious as to how many of you avid gamers explore your surroundings when playing a new game, as opposed to those who just head straight for the door with the "exit" sign hanging above it, so I thought I would make a topic about it and see just how much alike most gamers are.

From another thread this is something that was said, which may give you an idea of what I'm getting at and give you a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendowiigaming.piczo
    i'm exactly the same as u.. but i have to explore absolutely EVERYTHING xD
    what happens if i jump down from here?
    Quote Originally Posted by KaDee
    Lol I know what you mean about the exploration of games, I look outside the norm, and think basically the same... "whats up there, cus I'm sure they put that hole in the ceiling for a reason... but I dont see any platforms to climb up on"... and if I feel theres a way to get up there I will hang around thinking on it till I get annoyed. Main time this happened was in the Fire Temple in OoT, you know you have the... either left/right most highest tower that has loads of rupees up there, and you need the scarecrow song to get there. Well when I 1st went through the Temple I noted Navi flying up to the platform where you summon him, but at the time I was clueless due to the fact I hadnt gone down to Lake Hylia at the time.

Im not slow on the uptake for puzzle solving though, but ah well just means you enjoy the game more when you do solve the puzzle
    I Have No Need To Talk About Power... My Power Speaks For Itself

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    I was wondering on how I was going to tackle my 1st go through on TP, and decided rushing through wouldnt be the best course of action, I dont mean literally rush intentionally but as my friend said, I would be done with the game in no time because thats the fate of the games I get

So I'm going to try and balance it so that upon second and third travels through the Hyrule of TP, I'm not bored and will be seeing things I didn't see before. So I will need to cut back on side-quests, and additional items/equipment and leave it a surprise and reason for a 2nd playthrough.

Of course we all will want to play through again anyway, but if I go through and do all the side-quests the 1st and 2nd time through then for the third I will be like , during conversations, periodically pressing the button to skip to the next section of text, then half-heartedly dealing with tasks at hand. Of course I will intentionally skip side-quests due to the fact I will know they are by far, unnecessary for completion and I certainly wont need to go around looking for five heart pieces to make one container, because we know you dont NEED all heart containers to finish the game.

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Well when it comes to Zelda games I do......but if the game dosnt intrest me.........well what would be the point?

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Well when it comes to Zelda games I do......but if the game dosnt intrest me.........well what would be the point?
    Ok, talk abit more on it though, I think though you never got to read my 2nd post, you was probably replying to my initial post as I was sending my 2nd.

I want a bustling thread of ideas and feelings for the up-coming game and how people are going to tackle it... or how they say their going to tackle it , i.e. "I'm not going to play it that much really...", then thay come back to the forum a week or two later when people have been wondering about their absence and say... "I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to finish this post cus the caffien is wavering ... but I JUST managed to beat Zelda: TP and the ending... . I must now go back and play through again, yet I am not worthy ".

Member #
    Friends
    I love to explore everything! Especially in the zelda games.

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by trishj
    I love to explore everything! Especially in the zelda games.
    So it would be safe to say that you will definitely be taking your time through TP, taking in the sights and scenary to its fullest.

But due to wanting to see so much and finally fill in the blanks between the things we know about and those we have not a clue, do you think you will be able to hold back enough, or will you rush to the next statue before fully checking the base of this busk where you would of found a rusty key? (metaphorically speaking of course)

Member #
    Friends
    for me its a mix of rush to get more of the items but also to explore and have fun, i dont really want to rush through the entire game to beat it first out of people i know, with zelda games i love to take my time and just explore things, i have a feeling im gonna spend tons of time just fishing in different locations it looks so fun, basically im just gonna stop reading about it online after i get it because i dont want the story to be ruined for me

Member #
    Friends
    6267-1290-5033-7224
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon24
    for me its a mix of rush to get more of the items but also to explore and have fun, i dont really want to rush through the entire game to beat it first out of people i know, with zelda games i love to take my time and just explore things, i have a feeling im gonna spend tons of time just fishing in different locations it looks so fun, basically im just gonna stop reading about it online after i get it because i dont want the story to be ruined for me
    Yeah, I'm cutting down on reading info about it also once it draws nearer the release date/when I get it. I will check out the forums to see what other people have mentioned in terms of general gaming experience, but for those who have rushed on ahead and post spoilers, I will leave them to it and not read.

I hope there are more rewards to fishing this time round making it a more sort after mini-game. Fair enough alot of people fished for extended periods of time in OoT, but all in all, there was only the heart piece and golden scale to be rewarded with, besides the record for biggest fish.
    I hope you win an additional piece of equipment or special item, aswell as maybe heart pieces and the like.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    me, all the time. u never know when u are going to find a "heart piece" or something

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I don't think I can rush a game I can't leave an area until I know I've perfected it or done evrything I can do at the moment and I do a lot of backtracking when I get a new item or something and try to see if anyhting I couldn't get previously I can get now. As for forums as off the 19th I'm signing off and not coming back til a bit after the wii launch down here in aus I don't want to here nothing about it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads