So, I'm new to this game and honestly new to the Wii in general. I've been playing Wii Resort for a few weeks and honestly just Golf and Bowling were enough to keep me enthralled. I found this game on sale at Wally World though and the 'Zelda' series has always been one of my favorite titles so I picked it up.
I'm not far in at all, still in the "Prolgue" actually I guess so I'm still learning just how to play really. Anywho, is it me or my inexperience or do the controls for this game just plain SUCK!!! Seriously, they're pretty bad so far in my estimation.
* For one, it appears the camera just plain CAN NOT be moved outside of moving Link. Really? 30 years of accumulated experience in the crafting of video games and somehow this game made it into final production without being able to move the camera? Really?
* Second, the "aim" feature (of which I've only really used to aim my Hawk thus far) is as sensitive as uh... something that's really REALLY sensitive! (Yeah I went there ;P!) I've been able to deduce that I've gotta hit this gyrating monkey pff in the distance to get this NPC's cradle back and it's like... well it's like WAY too early in the morning to be coming up with humorous, sarcastic metaphors. It's a pain in the genitals and / or rectum (Rectum?!? DAMN NEAR KILLED 'EM!!! had to do it - classic, just... classic! ;P)- I'll leave it at that.
* Third, where is this kid's DAMN FISHING POLE!
* Fourth, the lady at the shop is too distraught over her lost cat (which requires all the effort of going out her door, turning 120 degrees and um... using the physical ability known as SIGHT to locate it) to bring herself to meet the monumental task of SELLING ME STUFF! I'm taking a shot in the dark here but I've come up with this off the wall strategy of FINDING HER CAT to fix the issue. Which I did, well in the sense that I um... hmm, how to put this... uh... FOUND IT!!! Apparently there's more to the finding of the creature than um... FINDING IT, involved in well uh... FINDING IT! I digress...
* Fifth, I don't know but I'm sure there's a fifth right around the corner. As well as a 146,893rd +
Could anyone please help me out here? It would be very much appreciated. Like I said, I love the Zelda series and I want to love this one too. Hell I love Nintendo and the Wii in general too. I thought the mechanics of the Wii would open up a whole 'nother world of coolness for the world of Hyrule and the whacky mis-adventures of Link and his chronically kidnapped Princess. So far it kinda seems like the production team viewed these cool new mechanics as something to be avoided, ignored, or worked around as much as possible to give us another re-skinning of the same old controller functioning of all the Zeldas passed. I sincerely hope this isn't the case and I'm missing something crucial about the control functionality.
Thank You all in advance for your responses and help.
P.S. What's with the modeled D, A & B buttons on the right side of the screen and the map on the left that can't be moved, minimized, maxed or well... anythinged? They appear to have precisely ZERO function. At the very least is there a way to get them off my screen? I mean hell, if the map is gonna be a permanant fixture on my main screen at least put some location titles on it, coords. at least, hell maybe if I have to type the locations and comments in on it myself, but no NADDA! It's just this amorphous amoeba-esque blob that suts there on the lower left with a huge arrow signifying me and another pointing out the exit of the area. In a word POINTLESS (at best, FARGIN' IRRITATING would probably fit better)!