Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cell Phones

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    Theres some really top of the line phones that are like computers/i-pods they got some infared keyboard and have a 2 or 3 gb memory

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    ^those are the best phones to buy (but are a lil bit cheap)

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by deity_link
    Theres some really top of the line phones that are like computers/i-pods they got some infared keyboard and have a 2 or 3 gb memory
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    No, no I broke it cause it falled very bad from my hand... I fixed... but anyway is a good phone... but there are betters now... why dont u buy the sony ericcson walkman?
    Oh, well that's good about your phone, Arcadium.

As for buying the sony erriccson walkman, I'm really not that intrested. There are sooo many good looking phones that have all these amazing features I would never use. I plan on talking, taking a few pictures, and maybe texting once just to see what it's like. I have an iPod and laptop that can do what the walkman phone can do but much better.

Just wondering, does anyone here use Skype?

I'm not spamming here, it's just an example of an alternative to using a cell phone. Basicly, you call people on your computer. Just hook up a microphone and connect some headphones (you can use speakers, but they cause an echo for the person you're calling) type in their number and their phone will ring! Now it's free to download and if two people have Skype, they can call each other from anywhere in the world, completly free. If you want to call landlines or cell phones using skype, it's free until the end of 2006 in the US and Canada, and then in 2007 it costs like 2 cents a minute and really cheap long distance calls.

There are however, a few downsides like people can't call you unless you pay $30 per year (which really isn't bad) and aparently you can't call 911 although I'm guessing they'll fix this problem in the future.

At the end of August, they're coming out with this WiFi phone. So, to use it you have to be in a WiFi hotspot to use it, but it's the same 2 cents per minute and $30 per year for a number people can call you at. Of course, if you're in a country where WiFi really hasn't taken off (in my town, which isn't a very big town, there's free WiFi almost everywhere and I heard a few months ago that we might be getting free WiFi everywhere, like Philidelphia and certain places in California have.), then Skype ain't for you unless you spend most of your time at home, although there's beta software that will in the future allow you to use Skype from any computer, like webmail services do now.

So yeah, it's cool if you have a lot of friends online that you want to talk to for free computer-to-computer.

Go here if you interested. It's free after all and if you're online more than not, you might like it; it's incredibly easy to use.

If anyone has any questions about it, I'll answer them.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Got my trusty Nokia N70, possibly the best phone i've ever owned. Tend to upgrade/change them once a year but im not sure if i'll want to get rid of this one just yet..

http://www.nokia.com/nseries/index.h...nside,main_n70
    Attached Images

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by i0n
    Got my trusty Nokia N70, possibly the best phone i've ever owned. Tend to upgrade/change them once a year but im not sure if i'll want to get rid of this one just yet..

http://www.nokia.com/nseries/index.h...nside,main_n70
    Wow, that's a nice phone. Is that a camera I see on the front?! Would that be for just taking pictures and video, or can you do like video chat?
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Wow, that's a nice phone. Is that a camera I see on the front?! Would that be for just taking pictures and video, or can you do like video chat?
    Video on front for video calling and a 2 megapixel camera on the back, here's a better pic

the cover on the back slides up to protect the camera when not in use, and yea it also takes video footage.
    Attached Images

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Video on front for video calling and a 2 megapixel camera on the back, here's a better pic

the cover on the back slides up to protect the camera when not in use, and yea it also takes video footage.
    That f'ing awesome! But, have you ever even video called anyone? I'm guessing they'd need the same or a very similar phone and I'm also guessing lag would be bad, right?

Member #
    Friends
    Yea never really tried it, i believe you both have to be on a network provider that supports it too.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Yea never really tried it, i believe you both have to be on a network provider that supports it too.
    Still a cool feature to have though. Can you take pictures of yourself with it or is it better to use the camera on the back. I just thought it might be nice so you could see what you look like when you take the picture, but I'm guessing on the back is one of those little rounded mirrors, right?

Ads