Thread: Christians

Comp Sci's Smurfette kissoff182's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    Holy shit, the first thing I said was:

Quote Originally Posted by kissoff182
    I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."
    I'm not bashing you for being Christian. I'm not bashing you at all. I'm asking questions, very logical questions, that you can't answer... or just won't answer, such as why would you live in fear of an immortal being that humans invented?

Maybe God does exist, but the fact is that we created his image; we don't even know what he looks like and what he is like. Maybe someone thousands of years ago saw God, but, let me put it this way, have you ever heard of the game Telephone? The message nearly always is totally different by the end of the line of people. How do we know that God isn't a woman? How do we know God isn't a hermaphrodite? How do we know that adultery is actually a sin and that God doesn't actually condone it? For all we know, God, if he exists, looks like this:

No one knows because it was so ****ing long ago that God was supposedly discovered. If you want to believe that God exists and accept Jesus, fine. Live a good life, be a good person, but I find that living in fear of something is ridiculous. I'm nice to people, I wouldn't commit adultery, I wouldn't steal from someone, I wouldn't murder someone all because I have empathy, not because God told me how to live my life and that I will go to Hell if I don't follow his rules.
    Last edited by kissoff182; 01-13-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    sorry if my post kinda angered you but topic like this just spark something inside of me. i cant really explaine how i know He exsists but the things ive felt after getting closer to him are just unexplainable. about 2 years ago i went with one of my frinds to something called Life Change and people who didnt believe at all in God also went and even they said they could feel the presence of something in that building. i cant change your mind to get you to believe because it is something that you have to accept if you want to. i cant prove He exsists and you cant prove he doesnt. again i say. what does it hurt that i believe and you dont?

EDIT: heh. i loved that episode of SP

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Comp Sci's Smurfette kissoff182's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    Mitch, it doesn't hurt me if you believe in God and it doesn't hurt you that I don't believe in God. What bothers people is when Christians preach (not all Christians preach).

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    now are you stereotyping that to when christians preach and are screaming that your going to hell and they dont try to save you or what because a "true" christian will preach but if you tell them your not interested then they will stop and wont bug you. my closest friend is a hardcore atheiest. i can tell you right now that if i was like the stereotype, me and him would not be friends but ive shown him that the christians you hear about who are cursing people to hell are not "true" christians.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by kissoff182
    I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."

Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone. What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people). Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?" I have mixed feelings about abortion. I don't believe in LYKE OMGZ IT'S MAH BODY ILL DO WAT I WANT W/ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 But I also don't want irresponsible people to be parents. There's more to it than the Bible says, "blah blah blah."

Why do people feel the need to say, "Jesus loves you" or "God bless you?" Why do Christians feel like they need to "save me" from Hell, which may not even exist? Why do people tell me if I'm wrong about God existing I'm going to Hell? If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ. I just wish people wouldn't live their lives 100% by a fictional book.
    rule of thumb, never post anything thats more intellegent than the audience that reads it.

youre going to get a TON of misunderstandings. i for one understand your point exactly. i may be jewish BUT from a christian standpoint, i get what youre trying to say on how christians need constant reassurance of their faith in god. jews are the same way even though our bible is "different" so to speak.

like i said, i think this is one of those topics that fall under the category of "wrong place wrong time" even though i highly respect your opinion

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    I'm with Mitch on this one. I've been a "christian" all my life, but it wasn't until I actually started listening and trying to do what He wanted me to do that everything in my life started working.

There are far too many Christian stereotypes. We're all harcore anti-gay, we hate all other religions, et cetera. We don't even have our own holiday; for all the flak Christians get, why are holidays like Christmas and Easter the ones everyone celebrates?

Also, I hang out with pretty of nonchristian people; including a few Muslims; we get along fine.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    I'm with Mitch on this one. I've been a "christian" all my life, but it wasn't until I actually started listening and trying to do what He wanted me to do that everything in my life started working.

There are far too many Christian stereotypes. We're all harcore anti-gay, we hate all other religions, et cetera. We don't even have our own holiday; for all the flak Christians get, why are holidays like Christmas and Easter the ones everyone celebrates?

Also, I hang out with pretty of nonchristian people; including a few Muslims; we get along fine.

good point gymdawg......

like i said previously, i understand her point and i see where shes comming from. however this is the internet where things get misread and misinterpreted and they become alot worse than they already are....

everyone makes a strong point here but i still have to say even though i may still fall under the "newbie" category...."wrong place, wrong time....wrong forum" kinda thing....

Member #
    Friends
    i do get sort of pissy when christians stick their noses into controversial issues stating they are trying to save them and such, when its not there role, but Gods. Then again, they do beleive they are serving assistance to God and helping out. that sorta sums up my opinion of the hardcore goers, its a double edge sword, sure they are annoying as hell and should shut up, but they are trying ot help...
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Not every Christian is "hardcore", at least not in the sense you're using the term in. I love God with all my heart, but I don't preach at people unless we're speaking of religion. I've found leading by example works much better.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Member #
    Friends
    yeah and theres deffnty different types of christians... many types
    NUMBER----- 1619-0782-6436-7680

USERNAME -- ham add me and tell me and ill add you

Ads