LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 487
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christians

  1. #461
    Hero of....nothing. Leche159TKE's Avatar
    Member #
    14235
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    137
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8518-9115-4993-5417
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I on the other hand, can't see how you think two theories of truth can coexist. If I believe I am right and you think differently, I must think you are wrong. The keyword is THINK. Thinking something is different than the absolute truth.

    I am sorry that your experience with the Christian faith was so bad. I too don't like extremists forcing things down people's throats.

    I'm sorry to anyone if defending my beliefs on this forum has offended you. I am not sorry for doing it though.

    To leche: first your name, milk in Spanish? meaning please. Also why go to a Catholic College if you don't believe in Christianity?
    No, Brawny, you haven't offended me. I actually haven't read a majority of the posts here so that's impossible. I don't think two truth's exist, I just don't think that what one person believes is anyone elses business. I want you to know that I was not accusing you of this, I was just making the statement in general.

    As for my name, I'm a member of a college fraternity. Tau Kappa Epsilon or TKE, as is in my name.
    Leche is my nickname in that fraternity and due to the bond I share with my brothers I cannot tell the meaning.

    I go to a Catholic college for several reasons.

    1. I feel that due to the aspect of it being private I can gain a better education as far as liberal arts and Marketing/Advertising.
    2. I'm only an hour away from home, so never get homesick.
    3. I'm already in Florida, might as well soak up the sun before I go to Syracuse University for grad school.
    4. I thought about transferring many times, but the friends I've made here and my fraternity are the only things holding me back.

    And I still wouldn't go so far as to say I'm not Christian. I just don't feel that I believe everything the Christian faith believes. Does that make me a non-Christian? <--me scratching my head, not calling you dumb

    Leche, I'll do your body good.

  2. Ads


  3. #462
    Hoo-ah! I_Dont_Know859's Avatar
    Member #
    1262
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    217
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2253-9251-9851-5765
    what parts of the Christian faith don't you believe?
    For he is God's servant to do thee good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the servant of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4

  4. #463
    WiiChat Member viperjason's Avatar
    Member #
    12302
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    73
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I_Dont_Know859:
    I decided to find something that would go more into depth about who's father Cain is.
    http://www.biblestudygames.com/bible...rdenofeden.htm

    You might find it helpful
    And if you dont want to read that long page, try reading this:
    John 3:
    V12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

    Cain was the child of the wicked one, Satan.

  5. #464
    Hoo-ah! I_Dont_Know859's Avatar
    Member #
    1262
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    217
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2253-9251-9851-5765
    Quote Originally Posted by viperjason
    I_Dont_Know859:
    I decided to find something that would go more into depth about who's father Cain is.
    http://www.biblestudygames.com/bible...rdenofeden.htm

    You might find it helpful
    And if you dont want to read that long page, try reading this:
    John 3:
    V12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

    Cain was the child of the wicked one, Satan.
    Ok i read that website carefully and found many flaws on it. Like take for example trees being symbolic of people. well adam and eve were the only people at that time some thats way off. In the example he uses he is right with the symbols and God using plants growing and stuff in other parts in the bible and every time he does he makes it clear about describing man but no in this case. Especially since there are only two people. Also what was God saying when he said you can have fruit from all the trees except that one. So they could have sex with all the animals there but Satan. Sorry but this is a bogus theory that doesnt add up. Theres a lot more I could easily discredit but I have to run. I'll be happy to do it later though.
    For he is God's servant to do thee good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the servant of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4

  6. #465
    WiiChat Member eketelon's Avatar
    Member #
    15248
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    23
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0120-8905-9225-1524
    Quote Originally Posted by kissoff182
    Actually, in the Catholic church, you don't have to fear God 24/7 because all you have to do is go to confession and you're clean. =)

    But my point was why people would WANT to live in fear of something? That's just stupid. It's like someone going 30 mph in a 40 mph zone because he/she fears a cop might pull him/her over, (which at least makes some sense because we KNOW police are real). Personally I find that being a good person because you want to be, not because you fear some big fat **** immortal being in the sky, allows you to live a much better life.



    =)



    I don't have good friends on here to lose yet.
    I haven't finish reading all the posts here yet (there are many), but, I wanted to slip this in and sorry if it's been said and I haven't noticed it. We don't and shouldn't live in fear of God; we love and respect God for all that He is. Fear as we understand it, is not how it is meant in the Bible when it says to fear God. Study of the word fear as it is written in that context shows that it means to honor and show reverance to Him.

    There's so very much to it, and I'm not going to try to solve all the issues in this post, but, I'll try to say more at a later time.

  7. #466
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    9100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    this was my reply to someone on youtube, who said i was "doomed" because i didnt believe in the bible after a comment i made. i know this is long, but id suggest anyone who believes in the bible reads it and considers it.....thoroughly

    ----i appreciate your concern, i really do. i used to be concerned for those that didnt believe as well. however, i was a christian for 17 years since I was 8 tears old. i went to christian high school, baptist bible college at a small institution in west virginia , and to liberty university ran by jerry falwell. ive studied the bible thoroughly, while i was a believer, in both the greek and hebrew text. and ive read it through and through. i was going to those schools to be a preacher. the irony of my choice to drop religion, mainly speaking of christianity, was that the bible itself is what made me do it.

    ----you claim to know god, you think the hible has brought you close to him. you are in error. i dont know how to say it any other way. you are as blind as i was. im going to make 3 points id like you to consider:

    ----firstly, most civilized countries look at the people in the middle east and think they are desert dwellers with no sense at all. and who can deny that? it is mostly true. theyre very uneducated and nonetheless, very religious. people tend to see them as "going to hell" or above them. who do you think wrote the bible? it was the same type of people. and it was their bloodline. earthquakes, volcanoes, lightning, it was all god to them. they knew nothing. in fact, if you do some research, allah, the god of islam is also the "god of abraham." therefore jehovah, and allah are the same god. now, i know you immediately think to yourself, it was the devil, he is the deceiver. but that is incorrect. people will believe whatever they want to believe. some chose to believe god said one thing, others chose to believe he said another. you don’t think that is true, how many different sects of christianity are there? point proven… the "holy land" today is nothing but a place of hatred, and it is all fueled by religion and differences in beliefs that some people, christians included, think is more important than life, and justifies murder. which brings me to my next point.

    ----secondly, the portrayal of god in the bible is absolutely absurd. use your head for a minute and drop your beliefs, to think about this question with logic. do you really think god has to or would kill anyone? what makes more sense in a situation such as the exodus? so, as the story says, god punished the egyptians and killed the first born. so then the pharoh let the people go. what did that do? yeah the people were freed, but you still have hundreds or thousands of egyptian first born dead for what? what did they do? god killed them to what. prove a point? if god would have just given the pharoh a message or shown himself to him and told him to free them, than problem solved, and no innocent people died. you think he isnt that smart? or do you think he operates like a street thug? do you really know god now? if you think he did or does those things, then you do not know him. the bible says god killed millions of people and there are hundreds of examples of what im talking about. 2kings 2 23-25 "23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel . As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria ."
    as if god couldnt have come up with a better way to teach those kids than maul them with two bears? you kidding me? making fun of a bald guy should result in a bear mauling? that is ludicrous. if you look those types of things are all over the bible. to me the writers of the bible portrayed him as acting like a man, with no more sense than a man. that is horribly, absurdly, false. so, to me, if the character of god was portrayed incorrectly, then everything else was too, every word of it.

    ----thirdly and finally, the science of the bible is non existent. there are things in science that one cannot deny. for instance, the speed of light. no one can deny how fast it is and that it can indeed be measured, thanks to einstein and many others. now, bible believers believe the earth is 10-20,000 years old or less. yet, there are galaxies 80,000, 500,000, millions, billions of light years away. a light year is the distance in which it takes light to travel a year. so, the light from a galaxy, that is 80,000 light years away, took 80,000 years to get here, period. also, take the story of creation for example, which might i add, was written 800 years prior to the story in the bible by the sumerians, as was the flood story. look it up and see the undeniable similarities between to the two. anyway, the creation story is beautiful, it is. but it takes away from god. only man, has to come to a place and build something. it acts as if god came here(which is hilarious because he is supposed to be everywhere, yet he always comes here to do something) and then created all this stuff. you think god has to come here to do anything? he is god, he doesnt have to lift a finger, let alone rest after 6 days of it. if you have infinite amounts of energy, why do you need to rest? it wouldnt take him 6 days to create anything, he can create entire universes in a split second. to me, it is more beautiful to see how life evolved and how cells evolved. in the beginning, god created atoms, and the atoms went and did the rest, while god watched. we are animals. the bible tells us that we are above animals, but we are animals. that is where were wrong. it is wrong to think were above any form of life on this planet. if we didnt used to have tails why do we have tail bones? god just throw us a loop? apes, have the same digestive system as we do, but guess what they use. they use their appendix, while ours gives us problems. they use their gall bladder more and could not do without it, like we can do without it. and besides, animals are above us in a way, humans are just smart enough to be destructive for some cause they believe in. when is the last time an ape flew a plane into a building, or blew up an abortion clinic in the name of “god”?
    ----evolution is beautiful, because it shows how much work GOD DID NOT HAVE TO DO. he set the system in place, and it rolled from there. and he is a very brilliant and efficient god because of that.

    ----religion is mans last hope at trying to conquer death before it conquers him. no one, not even the smartest man on this planet, knows what is after death for sure, including you. you have faith that you know, but you dont and neither do i. man will do anything in his power to make sure his mind is at ease about the unknown, and that goes further than the topic of death. if you cant see any of the truth in what ive said, im afraid YOU may be too blind to ever see the real light again, not me. it is a very evil thing.

    ----sorry this reply was so long. i have many other points about this topic and im currently beginning a book on it. i really hope this helps you find god, because i assure you, until you drop that book and religion, you have only found man, not god. this may sound ironic and impossible, but the only way to find and appreciate god, is to do it without religion. my religion is very simple. i know the power of a choice and its consequences. i know god exists, but i do not think we have found him. i do not know what is after death except that it is positive. i do not believe in any punishment from god. you cannot have gods will, and free will at the same time. god’s will would always override, therefore scratching free will right off. especially when talking about an after life.
    \/\/ho's Got

    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

  8. #467
    Hoo-ah! I_Dont_Know859's Avatar
    Member #
    1262
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    217
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2253-9251-9851-5765
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    this was my reply to someone on youtube, who said i was "doomed" because i didnt believe in the bible after a comment i made. i know this is long, but id suggest anyone who believes in the bible reads it and considers it.....thoroughly

    ----i appreciate your concern, i really do. i used to be concerned for those that didnt believe as well. however, i was a christian for 17 years since I was 8 tears old. i went to christian high school, baptist bible college at a small institution in west virginia , and to liberty university ran by jerry falwell. ive studied the bible thoroughly, while i was a believer, in both the greek and hebrew text. and ive read it through and through. i was going to those schools to be a preacher. the irony of my choice to drop religion, mainly speaking of christianity, was that the bible itself is what made me do it.

    ----you claim to know god, you think the hible has brought you close to him. you are in error. i dont know how to say it any other way. you are as blind as i was. im going to make 3 points id like you to consider:

    ----firstly, most civilized countries look at the people in the middle east and think they are desert dwellers with no sense at all. and who can deny that? it is mostly true. theyre very uneducated and nonetheless, very religious. people tend to see them as "going to hell" or above them. who do you think wrote the bible? it was the same type of people. and it was their bloodline. earthquakes, volcanoes, lightning, it was all god to them. they knew nothing. in fact, if you do some research, allah, the god of islam is also the "god of abraham." therefore jehovah, and allah are the same god. now, i know you immediately think to yourself, it was the devil, he is the deceiver. but that is incorrect. people will believe whatever they want to believe. some chose to believe god said one thing, others chose to believe he said another. you don’t think that is true, how many different sects of christianity are there? point proven… the "holy land" today is nothing but a place of hatred, and it is all fueled by religion and differences in beliefs that some people, christians included, think is more important than life, and justifies murder. which brings me to my next point.

    ----secondly, the portrayal of god in the bible is absolutely absurd. use your head for a minute and drop your beliefs, to think about this question with logic. do you really think god has to or would kill anyone? what makes more sense in a situation such as the exodus? so, as the story says, god punished the egyptians and killed the first born. so then the pharoh let the people go. what did that do? yeah the people were freed, but you still have hundreds or thousands of egyptian first born dead for what? what did they do? god killed them to what. prove a point? if god would have just given the pharoh a message or shown himself to him and told him to free them, than problem solved, and no innocent people died. you think he isnt that smart? or do you think he operates like a street thug? do you really know god now? if you think he did or does those things, then you do not know him. the bible says god killed millions of people and there are hundreds of examples of what im talking about. 2kings 2 23-25 "23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel . As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria ."
    as if god couldnt have come up with a better way to teach those kids than maul them with two bears? you kidding me? making fun of a bald guy should result in a bear mauling? that is ludicrous. if you look those types of things are all over the bible. to me the writers of the bible portrayed him as acting like a man, with no more sense than a man. that is horribly, absurdly, false. so, to me, if the character of god was portrayed incorrectly, then everything else was too, every word of it.

    ----thirdly and finally, the science of the bible is non existent. there are things in science that one cannot deny. for instance, the speed of light. no one can deny how fast it is and that it can indeed be measured, thanks to einstein and many others. now, bible believers believe the earth is 10-20,000 years old or less. yet, there are galaxies 80,000, 500,000, millions, billions of light years away. a light year is the distance in which it takes light to travel a year. so, the light from a galaxy, that is 80,000 light years away, took 80,000 years to get here, period. also, take the story of creation for example, which might i add, was written 800 years prior to the story in the bible by the sumerians, as was the flood story. look it up and see the undeniable similarities between to the two. anyway, the creation story is beautiful, it is. but it takes away from god. only man, has to come to a place and build something. it acts as if god came here(which is hilarious because he is supposed to be everywhere, yet he always comes here to do something) and then created all this stuff. you think god has to come here to do anything? he is god, he doesnt have to lift a finger, let alone rest after 6 days of it. if you have infinite amounts of energy, why do you need to rest? it wouldnt take him 6 days to create anything, he can create entire universes in a split second. to me, it is more beautiful to see how life evolved and how cells evolved. in the beginning, god created atoms, and the atoms went and did the rest, while god watched. we are animals. the bible tells us that we are above animals, but we are animals. that is where were wrong. it is wrong to think were above any form of life on this planet. if we didnt used to have tails why do we have tail bones? god just throw us a loop? apes, have the same digestive system as we do, but guess what they use. they use their appendix, while ours gives us problems. they use their gall bladder more and could not do without it, like we can do without it. and besides, animals are above us in a way, humans are just smart enough to be destructive for some cause they believe in. when is the last time an ape flew a plane into a building, or blew up an abortion clinic in the name of “god”?
    ----evolution is beautiful, because it shows how much work GOD DID NOT HAVE TO DO. he set the system in place, and it rolled from there. and he is a very brilliant and efficient god because of that.

    ----religion is mans last hope at trying to conquer death before it conquers him. no one, not even the smartest man on this planet, knows what is after death for sure, including you. you have faith that you know, but you dont and neither do i. man will do anything in his power to make sure his mind is at ease about the unknown, and that goes further than the topic of death. if you cant see any of the truth in what ive said, im afraid YOU may be too blind to ever see the real light again, not me. it is a very evil thing.

    ----sorry this reply was so long. i have many other points about this topic and im currently beginning a book on it. i really hope this helps you find god, because i assure you, until you drop that book and religion, you have only found man, not god. this may sound ironic and impossible, but the only way to find and appreciate god, is to do it without religion. my religion is very simple. i know the power of a choice and its consequences. i know god exists, but i do not think we have found him. i do not know what is after death except that it is positive. i do not believe in any punishment from god. you cannot have gods will, and free will at the same time. god’s will would always override, therefore scratching free will right off. especially when talking about an after life.
    wow. if thats what you want to believe then fine. but your leaving out a lot a points in you agruements. Lets take for example all the wrathful stuff God did killing people. If you studied the bible like you said you did, you'd know it was a whole different ball game in the old testament before Jesus with sacrafices and all that good stuff. God didnt put up with crap like that. Thats just how they were and they don't happen today thanks to Jesus. This only really makes me wonder if you are really sincere about studying the bible. Also God may be everywhere but who are you to say he couldnt take on a physical form or not. He can do whatever he wants and appear to someone however he wants. I can't answer why he did it and you cant either but saying he cant doesnt add up. And its also funny that i've myself have done a study proving God and Allah or not the same. I'm get more into this but I have to leave for work in 5 minutes. A lot of what you said just isnt adding up. sorry.
    For he is God's servant to do thee good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the servant of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4

  9. #468
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    9100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Dont_Know859
    wow. if thats what you want to believe then fine. but your leaving out a lot a points in you agruements. Lets take for example all the wrathful stuff God did killing people. If you studied the bible like you said you did, you'd know it was a whole different ball game in the old testament before Jesus with sacrafices and all that good stuff. God didnt put up with crap like that. Thats just how they were and they don't happen today thanks to Jesus. This only really makes me wonder if you are really sincere about studying the bible. Also God may be everywhere but who are you to say he couldnt take on a physical form or not. He can do whatever he wants and appear to someone however he wants. I can't answer why he did it and you cant either but saying he cant doesnt add up. And its also funny that i've myself have done a study proving God and Allah or not the same. I'm get more into this but I have to leave for work in 5 minutes. A lot of what you said just isnt adding up. sorry.
    my only reply to you is this. you must use logic man. forget what you think he would or wouldnt do in the old testament. why is it always killing dude? he cant find a better way? if someone today says god told them something, literally, what do we do? we think theyre crazy. id suggest you think the same thing about the bible. for you to believe that god is a killer, that is the highest form of blasphemy. do me a favor bro, since you know so much, go read the chapter after the ten commandments. you know what it says? it preaches slavery. it preaches enslaving those that do not believe like you. you think that is right? what is better, preach to those that dont believe or enslave them and their children? it even says keep the slave children for them to be slaves to your children. would you want muslims to come over here and enslave you and your kids? that book is evil man. period. im not the one that needs to prove that, it is clear. and allah and jehovah ARE the same god, go look it up. allah is the "god of abraham" ive also read the koran. there are some of the same characters in it. its all a hoax, written by morons.

    here ill show you theyre the same god. please make sure to know your facts before you tell someone theyre wrong. i dont know what you studied, but here is the proof. its in the koran, which im sure youve never read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
    that says, "The concept of Allah or God differs according to religious tradition (see also Islamic concept of God). In Islam, Allah is the One God (Qur'an, 112:1), the supreme creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as well as of the prophet Mohammad and of Jesus (who in Islam is also a prophet but is not seen as God or the son of God). The concept differs somewhat in Christianity and Judaism, although Arabs and Arabic speakers of those faiths use the same word." thats not the same god? am i missing something?

    and i never said he CANT do anything. but what is the point? he could create all this from billions of miles away. he doesnt need to show up here and hand mold everything. god doesnt need to do extra work. and so if he came to moses and he came to all those people, what about the people before them? they werent the first. so what he created adam and eve and then just dipped off for a while? then came back told some other peoples some stuff? give me a break man. you need to think about this stuff and millions of people like you. religion is the root of all evil on this planet. name me one thing that has caused more death, please.

    the people that wrote that book are dumber than your average 4 year old today. go ask any 4 year old if the earth if flat and see what they say. go ask them if the earth revolves around the sun or not. moses didnt know anything more than what he thought and saw. you think of god revealed anything to him he would get the science wrong? they believed that stuff for thousands of years and even killed people for believing otherwise.

    also i know all about mr jesus and what that all meant. but jesus coming doesnt change the fact of all the people already dead does it? did he bring those people back to life? no he didnt. he was not the son of god, period. people wanted him to be, just like they will believe anything to make death less painful and scary. people look at roman and greek mythology and how the gods came down and had sex with women and made half god, half human beings. you, and christians alike, think that is ludicrous right? well what about jesus? god impregnated mary and had a son with her. there is no difference between the two is there? nope... dude i was just like you man. i know how hard it is to see your beliefs challenged. and it took me years to drop christianity. but i did and im glad i did. it is a horrible horrible thing. i could go on and on and on and on dude.

    even your little signature bible verse there. what does that promote? "Thou Shalt Not Kill" remember that? doesnt say "thou shalt not kill(unless someone deserves it) that verse, that whole chapter really, is about capital punishment. if you look up the word "kill" in the hebrew, it is the same as murder. capital punishment is no better than abortion. its all the same. one of the many contradictions in the "word of god"
    after these two massive posts, if you cannot see my point, then youre blind dude. im not going to bicker back and forth about this. all i have said proves my point. you, and a lot of other people, need to prove otherwise.
    Last edited by dedpoet777; 01-31-2007 at 02:19 PM.
    \/\/ho's Got

    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

  10. #469
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    my only reply to you is this. you must use logic man. forget what you think he would or wouldnt do in the old testament. why is it always killing dude? he cant find a better way? if someone today says god told them something, literally, what do we do? we think theyre crazy. id suggest you think the same thing about the bible. for you to believe that god is a killer, that is the highest form of blasphemy. do me a favor bro, since you know so much, go read the chapter after the ten commandments. you know what it says? it preaches slavery. it preaches enslaving those that do not believe like you. you think that is right? what is better, preach to those that dont believe or enslave them and their children? it even says keep the slave children for them to be slaves to your children. would you want muslims to come over here and enslave you and your kids? that book is evil man. period. im not the one that needs to prove that, it is clear. and allah and jehovah ARE the same god, go look it up. allah is the "god of abraham" ive also read the koran. there are some of the same characters in it. its all a hoax, written by morons.

    here ill show you theyre the same god. please make sure to know your facts before you tell someone theyre wrong. i dont know what you studied, but here is the proof. its in the koran, which im sure youve never read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
    that says, "The concept of Allah or God differs according to religious tradition (see also Islamic concept of God). In Islam, Allah is the One God (Qur'an, 112:1), the supreme creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as well as of the prophet Mohammad and of Jesus (who in Islam is also a prophet but is not seen as God or the son of God). The concept differs somewhat in Christianity and Judaism, although Arabs and Arabic speakers of those faiths use the same word." thats not the same god? am i missing something?

    and i never said he CANT do anything. but what is the point? he could create all this from billions of miles away. he doesnt need to show up here and hand mold everything. god doesnt need to do extra work. and so if he came to moses and he came to all those people, what about the people before them? they werent the first. so what he created adam and eve and then just dipped off for a while? then came back told some other peoples some stuff? give me a break man. you need to think about this stuff and millions of people like you. religion is the root of all evil on this planet. name me one thing that has caused more death, please.

    the people that wrote that book are dumber than your average 4 year old today. go ask any 4 year old if the earth if flat and see what they say. go ask them if the earth revolves around the sun or not. moses didnt know anything more than what he thought and saw. you think of god revealed anything to him he would get the science wrong? they believed that stuff for thousands of years and even killed people for believing otherwise.

    also i know all about mr jesus and what that all meant. but jesus coming doesnt change the fact of all the people already dead does it? did he bring those people back to life? no he didnt. he was not the son of god, period. people wanted him to be, just like they will believe anything to make death less painful and scary. people look at roman and greek mythology and how the gods came down and had sex with women and made half god, half human beings. you, and christians alike, think that is ludicrous right? well what about jesus? god impregnated mary and had a son with her. there is no difference between the two is there? nope... dude i was just like you man. i know how hard it is to see your beliefs challenged. and it took me years to drop christianity. but i did and im glad i did. it is a horrible horrible thing. i could go on and on and on and on dude.

    even your little signature bible verse there. what does that promote? "Thou Shalt Not Kill" remember that? doesnt say "thou shalt not kill(unless someone deserves it) that verse, that whole chapter really, is about capital punishment. if you look up the word "kill" in the hebrew, it is the same as murder. capital punishment is no better than abortion. its all the same. one of the many contradictions in the "word of god"
    after these two massive posts, if you cannot see my point, then youre blind dude. im not going to bicker back and forth about this. all i have said proves my point. you, and a lot of other people, need to prove otherwise.

    First, I ask you what you think the ramifications for murder is. There has to be some situations where you would warrant it. (maybe taking down hitler or something). Any dictionary definition will say UNLAWFUL.

    God and Allah are not the same. Maybe the Muslims believe that but I and other Christians agree they are not. It is in your own quote that non Islamic people don't believe this.

    God doesn't have to, he wants to. He is complete and could have existed in the nothingness, he didn't need the universe. He wants an intimate relationship with his workmanship. You don't buy a dog and then do nothing for it. Obviously religion is the main reason for disagreement, it has to do with our eternal future.

    If you think that the Bible was written by 4 year olds, why did it take you seminary school to realize it?

    When you say "you and Christians alike" what religion do you think he is?

  11. #470
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    9100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    First, I ask you what you think the ramifications for murder is. There has to be some situations where you would warrant it. (maybe taking down hitler or something). Any dictionary definition will say UNLAWFUL.

    God and Allah are not the same. Maybe the Muslims believe that but I and other Christians agree they are not. It is in your own quote that non Islamic people don't believe this.

    God doesn't have to, he wants to. He is complete and could have existed in the nothingness, he didn't need the universe. He wants an intimate relationship with his workmanship. You don't buy a dog and then do nothing for it. Obviously religion is the main reason for disagreement, it has to do with our eternal future.

    If you think that the Bible was written by 4 year olds, why did it take you seminary school to realize it?

    When you say "you and Christians alike" what religion do you think he is?
    listen dude. if youre going to challenge me, try not to sound like such an idiot doing it, while youre trying to talk down to me. ok?

    anyway, why is death always the solution? so take hitler, who took his own life, for example, since you want to speak of him. he took his own life. that tell you anything? ever think that maybe life in jail is worse than death? thought of that one? he obviously thought death was better than something right? there is no need for murder of any kind. there are other ways.

    as far as allah is concerned. if their book says he is the same god then what do you have? im not sure i get it. it doesnt matter what you, and other christians think. you dont know the history dude. people think jesus was some white guy, with brown flowing hair. thats not the case. take your middle eastern jew or muslim and that was jesus, and the people that wrote the bible. no matter what you want to think or believe, that is the same god. youre missing the point. the point is there are two messages there. one of them is wrong, or both are wrong, but cannot both be right. in my opinion, neither is right.

    lastly, why did it take me to seminary to realize it? have you realized it? i was brought up in that garbage, brainwashed like you are. what kind of question is that? you trying to insult me? cause if so youre only insulting yourself, because i am free from that stupidity but youre not. i wasnt allowed to think freely, forced to go to church. i bought into it like you did. so if youre trying to say im an idiot for that, what are you?
    nothing im saying takes away from god, not a word. what you dont realize is the bible does. it lessens him. if you cant see that im sorry. i really hope you will one day.

    oh and when i said "you and christians alike" what did you think i meant? im saying him and christians like him. that too complex for you? ill post it in english next time, ha.
    Last edited by dedpoet777; 01-31-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    \/\/ho's Got

    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Religious gh3 issue
    By Ronald in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 02:54 PM
  2. Any christians in the place?
    By airforce91 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 01:12 AM
  3. Churches boycotting Super Mario Galaxies?
    By Trent in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 12:54 PM
  4. United States is Preparing To Attack Iran
    By dedpoet777 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 09:17 AM
  5. Religion In Gaming
    By Ezekiel86 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 09:33 AM

Search tags for this page

are there any christians that work at nintendo
,

throat

,
uchat. com for christians
Click on a term to search for related topics.