Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christians

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    as i 'know'* god isn't real, i therefore won't bare any conciquences against a sin i might do. i shall only bare conciquences in your eyes.

* i use the word know loosely, i don't mean i KNOW for sure, i am just putting it in the place of belife as i don't belive god is not real, i know in my mind he isn't
    I didn't necessarily mean God. I mean generally, like (to an extreme) murdering someone's a sin. Therefore you go to prison. Comprende?

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    I believe in God therefore I'm a Christian (in my eyes).
    Well, to be fair, a lot of non-Christians believe in God. It's the belief that Christ was the son of God that'll make you Christian. Otherwise, you could be a Jew believing in God, or a muslim believing in Allah.

I don't really have a set 'belief'. I go more of the "Dogma" (Kevin Smith reference) way and have 'ideas'. Makes it much easier to change, and it allows for a greater range of perspectives than a single belief structure.

That said, I don't mind people having their own beliefs, just as long as the values of those beliefs (stems from Christian "morality") don't infringe on others (for example, the ideological indocrination that US and UK are imposing on Iraq at the moment - But that's a whole other Thread)

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    I didn't necessarily mean God. I mean generally, like (to an extreme) murdering someone's a sin. Therefore you go to prison. Comprende?
    Comprende my friend.
    Mac Expert.

Boredom at it's best Bulldogxx831's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4046-8847-6412-2793
    Let's just settle this once and for all. I am the Messiah of all religon.

But seriously, it's better not to talk about religon. Some people are very sensitive about that and you could end up losing some good friends.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    I guess I used to be religious when I was a kid... Mum was (and still is) a fairly strong christian. I guess I strayed somewhere along the path, or just lost faith alltogether...

After everything went downhill with highschool I pretty much lost faith that there was a god.
    Last edited by Ezekiel86; 01-14-2007 at 10:24 AM.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobstermobster
    and have any of you seen the divinci code. well if you have. then you know jesus wasnt shit. and they proved it.
    ive read the book and saw the movie. it was a great book and movie but in no way did it disprove anything. its a FICTIONAL book/movie. the author of the book even said so. i dont understand why people read the book or see the movie and base it on truth. also i dont understand when people say they believe in evolution because its been proven. if it was proven then it wouldnt be called a theory. yes about 30 years ago some scientists "recreated" what they thought was the atmosphere of primitve earth and were able to create amino acids but it has since been proven wrong

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobstermobster
    oh by the way. christians really are stupid. they dont even know the truth about shit. try telling them jesus was black (which is a 100% possibillity givin the geographic location ofall that nonsense). and have any of you seen the divinci code. well if you have. then you know jesus wasnt shit. and they proved it.
    1. Religious profiling, brilliant. I'll have you realize that almost every single President of the United States has been one form of Christian or another.

2. Jesus was not black. Back in biblical times, blacks only really lived in african places. Jesus was middle-eastern.

3. Everything is 100% possiblity. I could tell you that the penguins are planning to invade Canadia for its rich maple syrup deposits and since you can't disprove my statement it's a possiblity.

4. The DaVinci Code proved nothing. It says "This is fiction" when you open the book.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Comp Sci's Smurfette kissoff182's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse
    You said you were raised a catholic, therefore you should understand why some christian's fear GOD. If you want understanding revert back to the time you considered yourself catholic, without forcing your present beliefs on them. Now you can have your understanding.

All in all you have some very valid points, however they can be false to another. Some people only see what they want to see. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Be neither For nor Against, and then you'll have your understanding!
    Actually, in the Catholic church, you don't have to fear God 24/7 because all you have to do is go to confession and you're clean. =)

But my point was why people would WANT to live in fear of something? That's just stupid. It's like someone going 30 mph in a 40 mph zone because he/she fears a cop might pull him/her over, (which at least makes some sense because we KNOW police are real). Personally I find that being a good person because you want to be, not because you fear some big fat **** immortal being in the sky, allows you to live a much better life.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I don't really have a set 'belief'. I go more of the "Dogma" (Kevin Smith reference) way and have 'ideas'. Makes it much easier to change, and it allows for a greater range of perspectives than a single belief structure.
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogxx831
    Let's just settle this once and for all. I am the Messiah of all religon.

But seriously, it's better not to talk about religon. Some people are very sensitive about that and you could end up losing some good friends.
    I don't have good friends on here to lose yet.
    Last edited by kissoff182; 01-14-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Guillotine Fodder VampiricLugia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Here're my thoughts on this whole thing.....

Religion is okay, but a Cult isn't. Double-standard? I think so. They're basicly the same thing.

Here's one about America. We're suppose to have freedom of religion and seperation of church and state, but yet you have to go through a church to get married. Hmmm...Kinda stupid.

There's nothing about Gays in the bible. It just says marriage is between a man and a woman, but hey, it didn't say whether physicly, or mentally. What if one of the gay men is in the mindset of a woman?

Bible is all about understanding, yet religions that follow this book and other forms of it cast out Gays. Hmm....

Now. You know how stories go. People tell it and pass it down, but as it goes down the line, it changes over time. And there is NO WAY to know how much the Bible was changed as it went along, yet it was spose to be a sin to change ANY wording in it. Kinda funny.

If there is a God and a Satan, then they are there to counterbalance each other, so they're both not bad at all. They just dislike what the other does Satan sounds more fun to me (jk, I really don't care on this one..)

And here's a good one....I don't see how one religion can be the right religion, when there have been hundreds of old religions in the past. Have the Deities died out slowly? If so, God must be about to fade out.

Man made God.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    A living god created by man, what blasphemy!

Ah Neon Genesis Evangelion... Fantastic series, with great biblical references. As far as the aftelife is concerned, theres a pretty good chance I'm heading to hell. If that's where all the heavy metal bands are going, as well as evil alcohol (probably that cheap wine) and whatnot, hell might not be so bad...

Better tell the grandkids to put a rocket launcher in my coffin though, might need it for some final cleaning up when i get there
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads