Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christians

Comp Sci's Smurfette kissoff182's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3101-2661-0950-9186

Christians

I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."

Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone. What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people). Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?" I have mixed feelings about abortion. I don't believe in LYKE OMGZ IT'S MAH BODY ILL DO WAT I WANT W/ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 But I also don't want irresponsible people to be parents. There's more to it than the Bible says, "blah blah blah."

Why do people feel the need to say, "Jesus loves you" or "God bless you?" Why do Christians feel like they need to "save me" from Hell, which may not even exist? Why do people tell me if I'm wrong about God existing I'm going to Hell? If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ. I just wish people wouldn't live their lives 100% by a fictional book.
    Splash_King likes this.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends

All your foolish earthly religions are wrong.

so who cares.

anyone should have the right to abortion, otherwise it will lead to either stupid, neglectful parents or dodgy back alley "doctors" doing them illegally any way

Member #
    Friends
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    Apparently you missed the point of the entire thread.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kissoff182
    1.Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone.
    2.What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people).
    3.Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?"
    1. I dont read much up on the deep christianity beleifs, but i would beleive that Gay relationships block the flow of souls given to human bodies... seems logical to me

2. Premarital sex, I see, as a sin under the pretences that a human sould could be carried out without a sanctified blessing (ie marriage)

3. read answer 1

Im catholic, basically the same thing, but im not too hardcore into it, but I do beleive

but my rebelious badboy side says that they made this rule sometime when the christian church became scared of the rises of other religions and banned gay marriage to keep population growth up and more followers joining the words of the lord.
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    1. What if you don't believe that humans have souls and that it's just a mammal with a brain and a heart? You love who you love. I believe your sexuality is a choice, but why should we punish people for a choice that doesn't hurt anyone (except in your point of view, himself/herself)?

2. Why do we have to be blessed to have sex? What if God doesn't exist? Really... WHAT IF? It's possible that he does, but it's also possible that he doesn't.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ.
    Ironic. Jesus was the Son of God in Christianity. He's a good person, but not the Son of God in Judiaism (sp?) and a prophet in Islam.

All in all, all three of these religions believes in the existence of a guy named Jesus. They just don't agree on who/what he was. Well that and following different books...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    1. What if you don't believe that humans have souls and that it's just a mammal with a brain and a heart? You love who you love. I believe your sexuality is a choice, but why should we punish people for a choice that doesn't hurt anyone (except in your point of view, himself/herself)?

2. Why do we have to be blessed to have sex? What if God doesn't exist? Really... WHAT IF? It's possible that he does, but it's also possible that he doesn't.
    well if that is your beleif, good for you, you cant be punished by a church you dont follow
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    I should have been expecting this type of response from a Catholic. If there's one denomination of Christianity that isn't preachy, even if certain families are strict about the rules and practices, it's Catholicism.

Thank you. =) (Yes, I am being sincere; I think Catholics respect people's beliefs more than most denominations.)
    Last edited by kissoff182; 01-13-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I should have been expecting this type of response from a Catholic. If there's one denomination of Christianity that isn't preachy, even if certain families are strict, it's Catholicism.

Thank you. =) (Yes, I am being sincere; I think Catholics respect people's beliefs more than most denominations.)
    Evangelists are the worst. Evangelists scare me. *Hisses at Kent Hovind*

Would love to see Kent Hovind and Richard Dawkins in a slanging match. *Starts shouting, Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!*

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    if you want to know what i think about it then read the thread i made about it. its called "The Christian Religion." topics like this just help me in my faith. i say this because christians are bashed left and right and people stereotype us with the "christians" who go to gay parades and hold up signs that say "FAGS DIE AND GOD LAUGHS!" so it draws people away. to me its just satan using that to help drive people away. i can tell you that my life was extreamly screwed up before i became a dedicated christian (believed all my life but never really did anything with that belief). once i became a dedicated christian, my life changed DRAMASTICLY. now im not going to go into detail about it because it is very personal but for me, what has happened with my life after acceping Jesus as my Lord, is way more proof than i ever needed that He is real. also let me ask you this, what does it hurt that people believe? why do people who dont believe always have to bring it up? if you dont believe then thats your choice. a true christian wont try and force it on you. they will answer questions you might have but they wont just come up to you after getting an abortion and scream in your face "YOUR GOING TO HELL YOU SINNER!!" if something like that happenes, go to them and say "what does your God say about judging others?" it might shed some light on them because the Bible says that judging others is a sin in itself and all sin (except for blasphemy) is the same in Gods eyes.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads