LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marisa~
    we would never consider leaving you out of a discussion of Light/Dark side powers while waiting in line for the next installment of Star Wars
    There are no Light or Dark side powers, it is only how you use them. Yeah I'm a nerd

You know some of the intresting people I know are nerds or geeks or whatever, 'cos nerd is jus' a tag people stick on smart people who don't conform to other social groups, and I think Ill stick with intellectual individuals than mindless sheep.

Ngiyabonga, my friend. ~Marisa~'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Famous
    You had alot of time on your hands to make such an.....extensive post

Not really, just so happened I get two days off of work xD

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    No offence but i could not be arsed to read it mixing fonts and colours did my head in tbh

There, I fixed it for you

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    There are no Light or Dark side powers, it is only how you use them. Yeah I'm a nerd

You know some of the intresting people I know are nerds or geeks or whatever, 'cos nerd is jus' a tag people stick on smart people who don't conform to other social groups, and I think Ill stick with intellectual individuals than mindless sheep.

Finally, someone who gets what the post stands for :P You won't understand this post usually unless you've either been a nerd for a long time or you're a hardcore nerd

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    If that's the definition of "nerd" then I'm definitely one (although unusally for a nerd, I don't know much about computers) and I'm happy about it, 'cos at least I'm enjoying myself rather than doing a dull job and going home to watch tedious soaps and reality TV all evening. I study astrophysics, watch science fiction and play RPGs, and that somehow makes me weird. But that's other peoples' problem. I'm happy being who I want to be and not what society expects me to be. Marisa's philosophy sums up my outlook on life perfectly: "There is but one goal in life, and that is to be as happy as possible, with only one exception: This happiness cannot interfere with another beings state of happiness." It's odd that a lot of people don't seem to want to be happy.

The stereotype that nerds are social recluses with no life is completely untrue. On the contrary, In fact I've found that nerds tend to make better friends, because they're more reliable and friendly and they don't pressure you as much. They make for much more interesting conversations and debates too.

Member #
    Friends
    I wanted to do Astrophysics (It was an optional module) but the only physics teacher who taught it left... so I'll probably do applied physics and nuclear instability

Oh and about pressuring you, my mates have been hasseling me to organize are next D&D session*, but I've been to busy doing a project on malaria.

*The downside of being a GM and having to come up with adventures is however more than made up for by the look on there face when you tell them their elf bard failed his check, fell into the fire, was rendered unconscious and is now suffering 1D6 + 1 damage a turn...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny

If you don't have the mental capacity nor the vocabulary to take in the information, then don't spam my thread with your immature and mindless junk. Thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    If that's the definition of "nerd" then I'm definitely one (although unusally for a nerd, I don't know much about computers) and I'm happy about it, 'cos at least I'm enjoying myself rather than doing a dull job and going home to watch tedious soaps and reality TV all evening. I study astrophysics, watch science fiction and play RPGs, and that somehow makes me weird. But that's other peoples' problem. I'm happy being who I want to be and not what society expects me to be. Marisa's philosophy sums up my outlook on life perfectly: "There is but one goal in life, and that is to be as happy as possible, with only one exception: This happiness cannot interfere with another beings state of happiness." It's odd that a lot of people don't seem to want to be happy.

The stereotype that nerds are social recluses with no life is completely untrue. On the contrary, In fact I've found that nerds tend to make better friends, because they're more reliable and friendly and they don't pressure you as much. They make for much more interesting conversations and debates too.

Exactly, there's no shame in what you study or do. If anything, we have funner lives then those who are trendy and popular. Even if we don't have 15 friends, we do have those 3 or 4 friends that we keep for a lifetime.

The entire point of my thread was to encourage nerds that we're not weird social outcasts. We just prefer to be happy and if being weird means being happy then, bring it on. We're not "afraid" of hanging out or being around other people. Just because we prefer a smaller crowd of intimate friends or a larger crowd of gamers does not mean we're socially retarded.

Go nerds!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marisa~
    If you don't have the mental capacity nor the vocabulary to take in the information, then don't spam my thread with your immature and mindless junk. Thanks.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Ads