Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marisa~
    Even if we don't have 15 friends, we do have those 3 or 4 friends that we keep for a lifetime.
    Yes, that is soooo true. Friends are not about quantity, but quality.

"Popular" people have so many friends that only know what their favorite car or how much their parents give them per month, instead of what they want to do in life, which, if you ask these "popular" people, whom by the way are usually only popular in high school, they have no idea because all they care about is how they look to others.

Also, these "popular" generally have so many friends because they need to feel secure and/or want the ability to beat people up who differ from them, either physically or emotionally, to give them a since of control and superiority.

After high school, they generally learn the hard way that being popular was a real waste of their time as well as everyone whom they put down.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Yes, that is soooo true. Friends are not about quantity, but quality.

"Popular" people have so many friends that only know what their favorite car or how much their parents give them per month, instead of what they want to do in life, which, if you ask these "popular" people, whom by the way are usually only popular in high school, they have no idea because all they care about is how they look to others.

Also, these "popular" generally have so many friends because they need to feel secure and/or want the ability to beat people up who differ from them, either physically or emotionally, to give them a since of control and superiority.

After high school, they generally learn the hard way that being popular was a real waste of their time as well as everyone whom they put down.
    That was deep...and so true. Very well said. In my old school there was one kid who bragged about everything, how rich he was, how he got all the latest games etc. And he had everyone over him just cuz he gave them things, while I got the 3 best friends in the world which I still have now.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    That was deep...and so true. Very well said. In my old school there was one kid who bragged about everything, how rich he was, how he got all the latest games etc. And he had everyone over him just cuz he gave them things, while I got the 3 best friends in the world which I still have now.
    Thanks and yeah, I've had the same two friends, Ben and Will, since elementary school. It's funny how that works out; you think you're always going to be friends with someone when you're young and then 10, 15 years pass, and amazingly, your relationships have grown even stronger.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    What I'm not a nerd! Just because I love Star Wars and know that Vergre tought Jacen Solo and Anakin Skywalker that there is no Light or Dark side of the Force in the New Jedi Order series, or that my knowledge of the Clone Wars could rival my knowledge of World War II, or that I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or that I'd prefer to be comfortable indoors than spend the day at a fair, or that I'm a graphic artist...

*Clears throat*

Er...well...I seem to be contradicting myself. ^_^'

I don't embrace my nerd side since I dislike stereotyping. I have many other sides to me. For instance: I'm a lineman in football, a drummer, and thespian. I'm certainly not the brightest bulb in the box, and am absent-minded and forgetful. What I'm trying to say is that I have more than one side, and would probably kick the crud out of the next person at school who tries to fit me in a category. Though I'm not the best person socially, I do get along with almost everyone.

I'm getting nowhere with this post. I'll stop now. ^_^'

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    No you definitely got somewhere, Kalimar. I don't think of myself or any of my friends as in a certain pigion hole. Most of my friends are democrats who all like playing games (boys and girls), listening to 70s, but we don't have identical views on everything, which I do see in a lot of "popular" people, mostly because those type of people, consumed with social image and materialism, never really say what they're about, but instead what they have or want next.

Even having said that, I know they are more complex than that. For example, something that totally shocked me in this past year of school was how many guys I would normally call jerk jocks, were really intelligent! The guy I sat next to in Biology was a wrestler, yet he could retain and knew soo much about each subject we went over, I was sometimes copying off him (mainly because he worked so amazingly fast, where I usually take my time so I don't make a mistake)! Another strange breed of person are that of the republican stoner. These guys in my English class were all about the 70s, reading things like Bob Dylan's Biography, turning me on to bands like Jefferson Airplane, and constantly wispering about getting a new stash, yet they like Bush, are religious and war hawks!?

It's weird how people contradict themsleves, but it's nice they aren't complete extremists, like their parents.

Ngiyabonga, my friend. ~Marisa~'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    No you definitely got somewhere, Kalimar. I don't think of myself or any of my friends as in a certain pigion hole. Most of my friends are democrats who all like playing games (boys and girls), listening to 70s, but we don't have identical views on everything, which I do see in a lot of "popular" people, mostly because those type of people, consumed with social image and materialism, never really say what they're about, but instead what they have or want next.

Even having said that, I know they are more complex than that. For example, something that totally shocked me in this past year of school was how many guys I would normally call jerk jocks, were really intelligent! The guy I sat next to in Biology was a wrestler, yet he could retain and knew soo much about each subject we went over, I was sometimes copying off him (mainly because he worked so amazingly fast, where I usually take my time so I don't make a mistake)! Another strange breed of person are that of the republican stoner. These guys in my English class were all about the 70s, reading things like Bob Dylan's Biography, turning me on to bands like Jefferson Airplane, and constantly wispering about getting a new stash, yet they like Bush, are religious and war hawks!?

It's weird how people contradict themsleves, but it's nice they aren't complete extremists, like their parents.

Exactly! Us nerds have so much to us. We're intricately weaved and, regardless of societys belief that we're all anti-social and weird, we all have such amazing personalities. That's totally the point I was trying to get across. We may have things in common, like the love of games, movies and comics/magazines etc...but we all have our own beliefs, group of friends, and goals in life. We are all just as capable as partying or becoming a world dominator Muhahaha...*Ahem* Yeah...anyways....

It's amazing how people can suprise you. I.E., you may think a "slutty" stuck up girl in your school is a bitch and then get to know her and loe and behold she's a virgin with a strong sense of values and does charity work on the side. It all proves that people aren't as they appear to be and just because we're "nerds" does not mean we're creatures foreign to the idea of a "life"....

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Lol charity work
    This one does helps out at a local church (wihle not wareing a iron maiden/acdc/black sabbath tshirt)
    but as for frends dont like people (mutch) rather be on own

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimar
    I don't embrace my nerd side since I dislike stereotyping. I have many other sides to me. For instance: I'm a lineman in football, a drummer, and thespian. I'm certainly not the brightest bulb in the box, and am absent-minded and forgetful. What I'm trying to say is that I have more than one side, and would probably kick the crud out of the next person at school who tries to fit me in a category. Though I'm not the best person socially, I do get along with almost everyone.

I'm getting nowhere with this post. I'll stop now. ^_^'
    Stereotypes don't exisit as such anymore, like I like to play computor games but I do sport like every day of the week. Its like no longer is a Nerd someone who lives in his/her parents basment, disscuissing star treck online, playing RPG's all day etc. its like the stereotype image has been broken but society doesn't seem to have noticed and still refers to someone intellgient, who palys computor games and chats online as a nerd and assumes that that's all he/she does.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Lol @ Darkprinny pictures. Hehe, love Azumanga and Dogma.

I would consider myself more "indie" in lifestyle*, but I suppose I can be called a nerd (if anyone from the UK actually used the phrase). Hehe. I even have the glasses for it. I have the intellect (indeed, my encyclopedic knowledge of films carried me through my Media and Film studies - got the results yesterday. A for Media and B for film). I hear what you're saying about the entire thing. It seems other people look down on others to make themselves feel better. Even in films, the nerds are mostly made fun of/accentuated features.

*I say "indie" because I pick and choose what I like regardless of how it's seen. I like gaming, I'm smart (when it comes to films/games/general media) and I love it when people reference things I know (like Spaced). Oh, and I like Sci-Fi, and wonder how plausable some of the stories in sci-fi shows are.

P.S. I do get what you mean, and my sympathies lie with you. *growls at those that puts down nerds/gamers and generally other people*.

P.S.S. Is it nerdy to download The Firm's Star Trekkin' music video? [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GA1zCH0tvc[/MEDIA]
    Last edited by Squall7; 08-18-2006 at 08:33 AM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Why do i always find these threads when im just about to goto sleep (1:51am here).

Replying to this thread is priority numero uno tomorrow morning!

Ads