Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    What about Uk laws

Intureder in our homes
    We cant do anything to stop them
    But if they fall over in our home they cant sue us

Wha

If blackbelt (or Sifu)
    We have to say so 10 times beofre fighting back aganst a mugger (im not so i can get stuck in)
    And we have to restrain our selfs (the mugger dont)

Wha

UKs laws are f`ed up

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    I'm still in school but it's been a while since a cop came to our school. I feel like I'm in 4th grade again! What kind of characteristics and personality types make the best cop?

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6500-2248-4442-5882
    If I got my girlfriend in my car and she's not wearing her seatbelt... You pull me over... Who would you ticket? I've heard so much cr*p about this subject. Some people say it's the driver because they are responsible for everyone in the car. Some say it's the person without the seatbelt... As long as they are of ticket-able age. I've even heard that it is the person without the seatbelt BUT only if they are able to produce ID. (Can't ticket them unless you know who they are.)
    Nintendo Wii / Intec Cooling Station & Recharging Dock
    2X Wii Remote / 2X Intec Battery Packs
    1X Nunchuk
    1X GameCube WaveBird
    Wii: Mario Party 8; Need For Speed: Carbon; Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition; Sonic & the Secret Rings; Wii Play; Wii Sports
    N64: Pokemon Snap!; Super Mario 64
    NES: The Legend of Zelda; Mario Bros.; Super Mario Bros.; Super Mario Bros. 3

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Famous
    Do you think most cops treat everyone fairly? Do you treat everyone fairly?

You know what I meanwhen I say everyone. By looking at your user title it says that your a newby officer so I'll understand if you don't really have an answer yet.
    well the term "officer newbie" was in relations to the forum being a newbie. ive been on the job for a year now BUT ive done what is known as "police auxillary" which is "volunteer police" for years now. started at the age of 16.

i understand your question and again i find no disrespect in it.

everyone has heard on the news of cops that do "racial profiling" and the whole police brutality and yada yada yada. no ones stupid and they all think that cops are after a certain community and not to sound racist but people tend to think we focus on the "african americans"

me personally, i just do my job. i see something go wrong regardless of what nationality they are, i imediately stop it. ive been called a racist by many people i deal with and i just ignore it. it seems like they all "pull the race card" as soon as they are caught.

i cant honestly speak for other cops because some people have different views than me but i will say that since NYC is SO LARGE and diverse, no one seems to really target anyone anymore. if it were white suburbia or anthing likt that, i would of probably answered the question differently

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    What influenced you to become a cop?
    i watch too much tv! no seriously lol. it was something i fell into honestly. growing up my dad had alot of friends who were retired cops and they would always tell me stories and i just loved "that life" i thought it was fun and exciting (little did i really know it sucks and the pay blows! )

i was a fat kid yes, droped 60LBS and then took the NYPD exam because i honestly had NO idea what i wanted to be when "i grew up" (even though there are sometimes i have my extream childish moments )

so i took into consideration all my time on with being an auxillary cop and i was more physically fit, i took the test and havent regretted it yet. ive had alot of eye opening experiences and i feel privilaged to be wearing my badge

Quote Originally Posted by SukhKular
    If I got my girlfriend in my car and she's not wearing her seatbelt... You pull me over... Who would you ticket? I've heard so much cr*p about this subject. Some people say it's the driver because they are responsible for everyone in the car. Some say it's the person without the seatbelt... As long as they are of ticket-able age. I've even heard that it is the person without the seatbelt BUT only if they are able to produce ID. (Can't ticket them unless you know who they are.)

in NYS, it is required that BOTH people in the car are to wear their seatbelts. back of the car under the age of 12 is required to be in a seatbelt/car seat as well. if we do random checks at intersections and freeway exits and we see that neither one of you are wearing seatbelts, yes you will be ticketed.

keep in mind that is JUST NYS. im not sure how it works nationwide since there are different variations of different laws.

me personally i dont do tickets for seatbelts if more than 1 person is in the car. if the person sees a LONG line of cars and "traffic" and a squad car not too far up and they know its for seat belt inspections and they are still retarded enough to NOT put their seatbelt on then yes ill ticket them lol. if its more than one person, i warn.

as for proper id, depends on the circumstance. in your case, i dont think she would get a ticket if she didnt have id on her but then again im not exactly sure. ive never really had that problem. but i think if they dont have ID and youre in the car with them, you get the ticket. as horrible as that sounds i believe thats what happens. (dont quote me on it though)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    uh....wow....a cop on the forums........thats a first!
    How often do you actually have to pull out the guns and start shooting like crazy......

OH WORD! every day i be pullin out muh gat! wow just kidding hahahaha

seriously though, seldom do i ever have to pull out my gun. i constantly have my hand on the holster but lucky for me never really had to fully extend, reach and pull out.

its happend on a few occassions where ive had to detain someone at gun point and its quite freaky. in the academy you do it with a red rubber gun at half the weight and size as a real glock. when youre holding that gun, your hand starts to shake and you get nervious. i admit it its incredibly scarey!

i dont like to shoot people, i shoot targets at the range

Member #
    Friends
    5600-7862-1507-1565
    When pulling over people for speeding, are there 'brackets' for fines? For example 3-7 mph over = xx fine, 8-12 mph over = xxx fine?

THe reason I ask is in my younger days I got a few speeding tickets and I would say a majority of them were for 13 mph over (IIRC) but I thought it was quite odd that I kept getting pulled over (different officers, different towns, ect.) for the same amount...so I assumend that there ARE brackets and I kept on getting bumped to the next higher bracket.
    That being said, do you guys make commission?

Member #
    Friends
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    Have you ever pistol whipped a person?

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids
    I'm still in school but it's been a while since a cop came to our school. I feel like I'm in 4th grade again! What kind of characteristics and personality types make the best cop?

got that whole "career day" flash back feeling huh? haha

a funny, witty, sarcastic son of a b*tch usually makes the best cop in flat out honesty!!!!!!!!!! alright alright alright so thats not "entirely" true! lol

really, someone who can step up to a situation and address it head on. you have got to be 110% in the game because you and your partner are all you got on the streets. you gotta be prepared for EVER situation possible. just becauase you read it in your police handbook given to you when you entire the academy doesnt mean 10 years from now it wont happen.

todays cops have to really think of everything. we've been through alot with 9-11 i mean did we really expect so many cops and firefighters along with mothers, children, fathers, husbands and wives to die that day as well? it has woken up MANY of todays law enforcement officers to a differernt perspective. its not all like TV. not everyone is andy sipowitz from NYPD blue or happy go lucky like on 3rd watch.

the best type of cop is someone who can save a life. if you cant then what are you doing with that shield?

Quote Originally Posted by miigo
    When pulling over people for speeding, are there 'brackets' for fines? For example 3-7 mph over = xx fine, 8-12 mph over = xxx fine?

THe reason I ask is in my younger days I got a few speeding tickets and I would say a majority of them were for 13 mph over (IIRC) but I thought it was quite odd that I kept getting pulled over (different officers, different towns, ect.) for the same amount...so I assumend that there ARE brackets and I kept on getting bumped to the next higher bracket.
    That being said, do you guys make commission?
    if you catch a cop on a bad day and he feels like being a "bastard" chances are even if youre 1MPH over the speed limit, hell nail you truth and simple. i dont bother if its 10MPH over because lets face it youre on a high way no ones on the road and youre in the HOV lane. i dont really care. thats my truth and if my internal affairs bureu were to read this, then they can know the truth as well.

true story, my mom a LONG time ago was driving on long island in nassau county. she was lost on a side street and was driving a little "off" cop pulled her over and actually gave her a ticket! she was driving UNDER the speed limit. it was only a 50$ fine but truth of the matter, cop was being a jerk to my mom who addmittedly notified the cop she was lost. cop didnt care.

it honstly depends on the person too. if youre driving a car that goes WAHHHHHHHHHH (ie too fast too furious) youre a target for potential speeders. and probably going to get a fine for speeding even if it is over 5-10MPH.

on the whole commission thing, we dont make that unfortunitly. we DO make over time for processing papers and arrests which equals to time and a halfs pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Redan499
    Have you ever pistol whipped a person?
    nope but have been tempted on MANY OCCASSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    I'm thinking of becoming a cop, would you think of it as a good career? Also, what are the requirements? I live on Long Island, New York.
    Last edited by Jenova; 01-23-2007 at 11:34 AM.

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    What about Uk laws

Intureder in our homes
    We cant do anything to stop them
    But if they fall over in our home they cant sue us

Wha

If blackbelt (or Sifu)
    We have to say so 10 times beofre fighting back aganst a mugger (im not so i can get stuck in)
    And we have to restrain our selfs (the mugger dont)

Wha

UKs laws are f`ed up
    unfortuntily, we have the same system in NY where if someone was to break into your house, and they trip and injure themselves they can sue. sick world huh? however in places like FL or texas, they have the right to shoot someone if they enter their property....this is why i hate living in a liberal state! haha.

there is actually an article i read a VERY long time ago in the NY times i believe on how a criminal snuck into someones house and fell through the roof! he attempted to go through the glass windows that people have (the sun roof things) in their houses. guy sued and actually won! it couldnt be "proven" that he had stolen something from the house. granted it was still breaking and entering which i believe he was charged for BUT because he injured himself without warning in someone elses home, he got away with it!

as for fighting with someone, it depends on the situation. assult is assult though regardless of who throws the first punch. it also depends on who is a creditable whitness as well

Quote Originally Posted by ~Marisa~
    Awww that's so sad! Your boyfriend is a cop as well? If someone ever tries to break into your house, it'll be the biggest mistake of their life haha. I have such respect for cops - putting your lives just to protect people.

I live in Washington state and just this past week our car horn kept honking and we thought someone was breaking in, so we called the cops and they couldn't see what it was either. They told us if it happened again to call immediatly cause there have been lots of car robberies the past few months.

It happened again so we called again. Apparently what was happening was that it got so cold our horn was honking cause the electrical connect. They said it happens with the color changing of stop lights as well. 3 cops came and helped us disconnect our battery in 20 degree weather! They were the nicest cops and played in the snow a bit too haha.

I understand why it's such a big deal when a cop dies on duty, such a tragic loss! We had a young cop in our county recantly who died on duty because he pulled someone over for speeding and the person shot him He died and had a wife and an infant child. All the cops, fireman, soldiers and whatnot went to his funeral - thousands of people. He was a loved person

if someone were to break into our house, theyd be attacked by the pitbull first hahaha THEN if they got past that dog, theyd get a lovely ar15 shoved right up the behind! i dont think people are that stupid to even mess around with our household

sounds like you had a bunch of nice cops helping you out with the whole car situation! hahaha. something similar happend to my brother a LONG time ago. i was younge and my mom dad brother his gf and me were all sleeping. it was nearly 3AM. my brother had a brand new 1995 (?)dodge neon that he recieved when he graduated HS. it was a farly warm night i dont remember it being cold or anything but my mom banged on my brothers door trying to wake him up! he was dead asleep and then opend the door. my mom was telling him that his alarm was going off and the whole neighborhood was wide awake. except it didnt sound like an alarm, it sounded like someone slammed their head on the steering wheel and went to sleep! the car horn was stuck! my bro had to disconnect the whole damn thing and drove around without a horn! talk about crazy!

im glad that the cops helped you in your time of need usually when they see a pretty face and a "damesel in distress" they cant resist! haha

i dont know if its the same in washington but sometimes on roads right before the traffic light, there is a black "box outline" in a darker black metal. that is the "sensor" for the lights to change when cars pull up to it it notifies that its time to change and rotate. sometimes if its really late at night they dont work properly so you have to back up and roll over the sensors again. if it gets stuck still after that, i usually go through it. if you get nailed by a cop, the law states that there is a 5 min waiting period if youre the only car on the road and the roads are clear and you waited 5 min, you may go. if the cop was sitting there and was watching you and they KNOW you didnt wait 5 min then youre screwed

thanks for your compassion on cops who die in the line of duty. i went to about 40 some odd funerals after 9-11 and aniversaries, and everything. it hurts me still. its been quite a few years and there are still cops who have long term illnesses in regards to 9-11. my bf for one has resperatory issues. sad story

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    do you think cannabis should be legal?

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Ads