Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Criminal Mastermind evilprofessorzog's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8736-6273-3453-3045
    Quote Originally Posted by kissoff182
    Go vegan.

I eat fish still and dairy products sometimes, but I've lost weight on it and it's the easiest and most effective thing I've done so far.
    Yay! Another vegan on Wiichat! I'm vegan too.

Meat contains lots of horrible fats and nastiness. So by cutting it out of your diet, you can lose a lot of weight. And they tend to be saturated fats which make them even worse.

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by evilprofessorzog
    Yay! Another vegan on Wiichat! I'm vegan too.

Meat contains lots of horrible fats and nastiness. So by cutting it out of your diet, you can lose a lot of weight. And they tend to be saturated fats which make them even worse.
    i wouldnt be a vegan i dont think its healthy.

i stay away from food that isnt natural. theres a store by me called trader joes that sells alot of "health food" but its not what you think. its all natural ingredients. like chocolate covered cherries with ingredients you can read with no added sugar and they taste great! (they DO sell tofu and veggies and other things of that nature too)

also not JUST because im jewish, i love kosher meat. i refuse to eat from a supermarket purdue chicken or tyson. i get empire kosher because i know someone (IE a rabbi) has supervised that food and knows that theres nothing added or injected to the animal. i do the same with beef/cow as well. also the trims are much leaner not as much fat or "grit"

i do say however that eating fish is great for you. omega and fatty oils give you a nice color complexion and keeps you healthy.

Member #
    Friends
    6306-7907-9161-5635
    Don't eat only a few huge things a day, eat many small things a day. This balances out the carbs and such, allowing it to burn up faster.

Member #
    Friends
    8736-6273-3453-3045
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    i wouldnt be a vegan i dont think its healthy.
    It's perfectly healthy to be vegan. I've been vegan for a couple of years now and I don't have any health problems. I have friends who have been healthy vegans for a lot longer than that too.
    One of the big benefits is that it forces you to actually think about what you are eating and helps you stay away from the bad stuff.

I agree about sticking to natural foods though. It's amazing what they put in food these days.

Member #
    Friends
    2222-4356-6544-7565
    I try to keep a balance in what i eat. But seriously, i just cant stay away from meat. Its too good.

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by evilprofessorzog
    It's perfectly healthy to be vegan. I've been vegan for a couple of years now and I don't have any health problems. I have friends who have been healthy vegans for a lot longer than that too.
    One of the big benefits is that it forces you to actually think about what you are eating and helps you stay away from the bad stuff.

I agree about sticking to natural foods though. It's amazing what they put in food these days.

thats DEFF a plus to being vegan. what i dont like about it is that some vegans have the philosphy of not eating anything with "a face" no fish, no meat, no chicken. i find that unhealthy to live on that sort of a mentality.

but SOME vegans eat fish which i dont understand because some classify it as a meat (i dont)

Member #
    Friends
    2222-4356-6544-7565
    Where do vegans get there protein from? I'm not really that educated on the vegetable side...

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi
    Where do vegans get there protein from? I'm not really that educated on the vegetable side...

i want to say tofu. i love tofu esp in my miso soup and once i went to this dim sum resteraunt in flushing (queens NY) and they had this warm (like luke warm) sugar tofu soup which was AMAZING. i like how tofu is very versitile (but i wouldnt make a tofu turkey like on "everybody loves raymond" for thanksgiving LMAO!)

Member #
    Friends
    8736-6273-3453-3045
    Don't understand the fish thing. As far as I'm concerned, vegans don't eat any animal products. That includes things with faces (like fish), and things without faces (like hamburgers). The fact is that the meat industry causes pain to animals, and I don't want to be responsible for that. The healthy weight loss thing is just an added benefit to a cruelty-free lifestyle.
    And there's protein in most vegetables. Where do cows get protein from? Mostly I get it from grains such as wheat and corn, and from pulses, such as beans and lentils.

Member #
    Friends
    2222-4356-6544-7565
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    i want to say tofu. i love tofu esp in my miso soup and once i went to this dim sum resteraunt in flushing (queens NY) and they had this warm (like luke warm) sugar tofu soup which was AMAZING. i like how tofu is very versitile (but i wouldnt make a tofu turkey like on "everybody loves raymond" for thanksgiving LMAO!)
    Sounds pretty good. I'm gonna have to check out this tofu thing sometime.

Ads