LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1805-3931-7385-1789
    i read this report that said tofu gives you cancer.

2. Ads

Criminal Mastermind evilprofessorzog's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8736-6273-3453-3045
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz
    i read this report that said tofu gives you cancer.
    Tofu is a soya product. There are issues with eating too much soya because it prevents some hormones from functioning properly (fermented soya products like Miso, soy sauce and tempeh are OK).
    But meat can also cause cancer.
    It's important to have diversity in your diet. Eat a lot of different things. That's probably the best way to avoid diet related cancer.

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by evilprofessorzog
    Tofu is a soya product. There are issues with eating too much soya because it prevents some hormones from functioning properly (fermented soya products like Miso, soy sauce and tempeh are OK).
    But meat can also cause cancer.
    It's important to have diversity in your diet. Eat a lot of different things. That's probably the best way to avoid diet related cancer.

EVERYTHING causes cancer now adays. if tofu is whats scaring you lol youve got nothing to worry about i wouldnt panic

ETA-
    The fact is that the meat industry causes pain to animals, and I don't want to be responsible for that. The healthy weight loss thing is just an added benefit to a cruelty-free lifestyle.
    thats why i wrote about eating kosher meat. i know that the animals "slained" to eat have been done correctly with no injections or inhumaine slaughtering. i also eat cage free eggs as well.
    Last edited by The_Loose_Cannon; 02-02-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Ngiyabonga, my friend. ~Marisa~'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Exercise, stay away from the bready type foods, drink tons of water and try to eat meats and dairy less. Celery is also good because it clings to the fat in your body and drags it out.

Ngiyabonga, my friend. ~Marisa~'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by evilprofessorzog
    Yay! Another vegan on Wiichat! I'm vegan too.

Meat contains lots of horrible fats and nastiness. So by cutting it out of your diet, you can lose a lot of weight. And they tend to be saturated fats which make them even worse.

I'm also a vegan ^.^

Man Points: Over 9000 kiraownsurmom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6958-3537-3855-1215
    if man made it...dont eat it~kiraownsurmom's uncle,the health maniac

so u guys dont want this buuuuuurrgggeeeerr????
    *offers greasy double bacon cheese burger* no? *bites*
    argh!a heart attack! *passes out*
    PKMN446793374997
    MMSF356599059396
    ~if i owned a death note.you would be first!
    Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8674-6414-6050-2160
    About a year or two ago I used to weigh like 220 pounds and now I am down to 160, which is a major difference, so many people asked me how I do it and all I said was watch what you eat and portions is main key. Plus I walked al ot, but it was only on a tredmill, I tried to lift weights and stuff but that just wasn't my thing. Each person has his or her own way of excersising, it all depends on what you feel comfortable with. Another thing is I didn't eat three hours before I went to bed, it is said if you eat before you go to bed, big meals, it turns to fat. I never knew if it was 100% true, but it helped me a lot too. I just would eat my portion controlled meals, and just not eat before I went to bed. Plus if I don't eat and wake up in the morning, I feel more refreshed then I do when I eat before I go to bed. I wish you luck!

Member #
    Friends
    3843-8410-2405-7104
    funny how most gamer nerds are fat people. roflmao.

Add me then PM ME with your code!

Currently have: Wii console, Zelda: Twilight, Wii Sports, 20000 Wii points, 1 Wiimote, 2 Nunchuks

Member #
    Friends
    Sounds like everyone has the right idea. I'm glad no one mentioned some miracle pills or something... THEY DON'T EXIST... lol. I have never personaly had a weight problem but i do believe exrecise and food is very important to staying healthy and fit. The key is to find some kind of exercise you like (preferably with others). I enjoy Tae Kwon Do and the fact that my parents do it as well gives me a support. When ever i "don't want to go" there is someone there to push me. I also fell in love with cheerleading. This also seemed to work well because to preform stunts the whole group has to go. So on those days you feel lazy u can tell urself "no i can't let them down." The real key is to find what u like tho. even if it is on your own. As for food... not going to lie i love my junk food but you have to take it in moderation. When i want to snack i will try to grab a banana instead of junk. If u really do get a crazing for a chocolate bar or soemthing try walking to go get it. If ur not in the mood to walk "that far" then u can't want it that bad, however if u do want it that bad then u can enjoy the chocolate knowing that you worked off the calories to get it.

Thanks for the sig. Babbagump! U RULE!

Member #
    Friends
    hey, im 12 and i had a weight issue. by age 9, i was 100 pounds. by age 10, i was 145 pounds. by age 11 i was 160 pounds, starting to think about my future and how i would be treated by people almost like a *fat kid*. one year later i went from 160 to 120. im 12 years old and im only 120 pounds. how i did this is i cut back to half the ammount i was eating. i excircised and ran the avrage mile 4 times a week in 9 minutes. i was amazed with the results and i still continue to cut back and excircise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads