+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Ipod?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    I have nearly 60GB of music, but only have a 6GB iPod mini. Why? well whats the point in carring it all around, when i only need a small amount at any one time.
    Thats helpful

I got about 800 songs I actually listen to frequenty and the Shuffle says it fits 240. But it will fit more I think depending on the song size. Though I have 8min metallica songs. I'll look around though I like re-chargeable MP3 players batteries are annoying. VERY!

No Longer Have A Wii

Criminal Mastermind evilprofessorzog's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8736-6273-3453-3045
    Don't get an iPoo unless you are looking to pose with it.
    There are plenty of other brands that are better,but don't have quite the same street credibility. The Creative Zen V+ is supposed to be pretty good. The only real advantage of the iPoo is the range of accessories available.

Member #
    Friends
    get a zune, or wait for the zune flash.

thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Get one of theses

Isopod

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Wii_Smurf, you say you have about 800 songs you actually listen to. Well it just depends, do you want to be limited to only 800 songs or would you rather not hear the same song twice for at least a few days? Personally, I'd say get a big enough iPod to hold at least twice as much music you already have. I remember when I got my first iPod, one of the first iPod minis, and at the time I only had 40 songs. Yes, 40!!! When I got to 500 I thought I really had quite a collection, but then this girl at my work showed me she had a little over 1000! I began listening to more and more artists and types of music and soon enough, my iPod mini was filled up; it actually only held about 850 songs of mine because many were high quality and lengthy. After filling it up, which took about a year or two, I bought a laptop and since then I've been using it as my mp3 player. Now I have nearly 3000 songs, around 12GB, and I'm guessing it will double when I have some time to download more songs.

Wow, so my point is give yourself some growing room.

Stay away from the iPod shuffle. Seriously, I do not get why people buy them. They have no display, so all you are doing is shuffling and you can't find any song other than by pressing the ff button a million times, or 250 times I guess. If you're going with a nano, go for the 8GB version which will hold 1600-2000 songs depending on the average length of song you have and how they are encoded; if you can, convert all your songs to 128-160kbps mp3 files, unless you have really expensive headphones that would allow you to hear the difference. Most of my music is 160kbps mp3s and I have $100 earbuds (v-moda vibes if you're wondering) and I can't hear any difference between my files and the original CD. On the other hand, if you are going to go for the 4GB version, you could get the last gen nano from Apple refurbished for $150 - source.

Make sure to shop around for your iPod, which ever you get. You can get iPods cheaper from places like newegg.com and compare prices at pricegrabber.com

Hope that wasn't too much info.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by evilprofessorzog
    Don't get an iPoo unless you are looking to pose with it.
    There are plenty of other brands that are better,but don't have quite the same street credibility. The Creative Zen V+ is supposed to be pretty good. The only real advantage of the iPoo is the range of accessories available.
    And most of those accessories are useless or standard on other players. *cough*radio. I would only get one for running and the nike thingy.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    And most of those accessories are useless or standard on other players. *cough*radio. I would only get one for running and the nike thingy.
    *cough* radio? I do not understand why people care about having a radio!

Perhaps a satellite radio, sure, but FM!? I don't know what your music interests are, but most people would agree FM has a bunch of crap stations that only play what's "popular" a.k.a. stupid pop/punk/rock/rap/country.

The name of the thread is "Which iPod?" You can complain all you want about iPods, but at the end of the day, they're the highest selling mp3 player today and have been for years and no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy them. Sure, they have problems, yes they could definitely do more than they're doing (and they are with the iPhone, really), but when it comes to ease of use on both the software side and hardware side, overall they are better in most peoples opinions.

People who are so against iPods, to me, just sound like rebels without a cause. Apple may be doing great in the mp3 player arena, but otherwise, they have a very small market share (which really doesn't make since to me) and unlike some companies (Micro$oft), they never tried to monopolize any area of technology (like Micro$oft did with Windowz).
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Try DAB its the only type that matters
    And theres a sation for everyone (ie, crap rock,classicrock, urban,comady, etc)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    Get a:Ipod Nano Redux. They have 8 gigs which is more than enough. They're pretty sleek too if you ask me.

Well do you?

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    go to ilounge.com

or forums.ilounge.com
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Ads