Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Comp Sci's Smurfette kissoff182's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    Don't date someone who truly BELIEVES (rather than just has faith in) 100% (or close to) of his/her religion unless you feel the same way about it. My bf and I both really dislike organized religion. It makes life way easier.

I'm surprised. Catholics are generally a lot more open-minded and accepting of other beliefs than people of most other sects of Christianity.

No offense, but I think religious people in general are trouble.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    If you're in a relationship that shares different views on relegion and politics, it's usually REALLY bad to get into a conversation about it. xD I can't really give you first-hand advice, because my girlfriend and I aren't relegious or political people, so we don't really have discussions about it.

In my opinion, if you both feel totally different on the subject, then you shouldn't be planning a future together or anything like that. I know that could sound very horrible, maybe one of the worst things you could think about right now. But sadly, unless you two can come to an agreement, the relationship won't work out.

Member #
    Friends
    Honestly, this is the reason i hate religion. in my eye, religion is a bunch of crap. the only thing you should really take out of religion is its main message. LIVE A GOOD HAPPY LIFE AND BE KIND TO OTHERS. I think this is one of those cases where you may have to agree to disagree and pretty much don't let it effect your lives
    Owned: Wii, 4 Wii-motes, 4 Nunchucks, Legend of Zelda: TP, Wii Sports, Red Steel, Madden 07, Wario Ware, Wii Play

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Sounds like hes a retard. U shoudnt be hanging around a guy like that. He shouldnt be telling u to convert ur religion or wateva. Its ur life not his. Another thing could be that he might have had a shitty day and he might have just lost his anger... But i dont think he sounds like someone to be hanging around with if hes telling u to change your beleifs.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marisa~
    I just got into a HUGE religious and political fight with my boyfriend. We've been dating for a long time and got past all that and learned to accept eachother as we come.

I have been soooo open minded about his Catholic religion, looking into it and everything. He constantly tells me things that "disprove" my religion and I humbly tell him that I don't know and I need to do more research on both our religions to get a better idea of what I believe in.

I didn't even believe in voting all my life and I've seen his side of it and have decided to vote this coming year - He knows I'm so much more open-minded and understanding to him. He is constantly saying things about my religion that don't quite fit and I still accept it and don't get mad or anything.

Today I questioned him on a few things about his religion and we were talking about it (Note: I almost never challenge him about his religion, but today I had some questions) and he starts getting really pissy and saying that EVERYTIME we talk about religion, I get all mad which is such a bull-faced LIE!!!! He stormed out on me saying "Believe whatever the hell you wanna believe, IM GONE!!!!" and then just leaves.

I feel like how dare he say I always get upset, I am so open minded about him and his beliefs and respect him and tell him CONSTANTLY that I accept and love him for who he is. We even made an agreement to calmly question eachother about things we don't understand because we want to know eachother's religions and find out which of our two (plus others we're looking into) is right for us. That's our AGREEMENT! And he has the damn nerve to treat me like crap.

Can someone please tell me if you've had this same problem? Or any advice on what you would do in my situation? I've come so far and worked so hard to make this work and for him to say I haven't changed at all hits me really hard because I know he's lieing. I'm just so hurt because I thought we were past the fighting. He's being such a jerk!!!!
    religion is pretty much that genre that has made up stories using historical facts (historical fiction you could say i guess) so theres no reason figthing about it, just believe in religion for your own sake to have someone to look at for guidance or whatever you guys do. but besides that its all made up so you might aswell fight about if there were 8 dwarves and not 7

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Criminal Mastermind evilprofessorzog's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8736-6273-3453-3045
    How boring would it be to be in a relationship with somebody who agrees completely with you on everything? Differences in opinion give you things to talk about and help you to keep a separate identity from your partner.
    But differences in opinion can turn into arguments. Arguments are a healthy part of any relationship. It's a disaster to bottle up your little grudges. They'll have to come out eventually and things will get broken.
    So I'd suggest giving it a couple of days to cool down. Hopefully by then things should be back to normal. If not, then maybe you need to decide whether your differences are ones you can get over or ones you can't.

Member #
    Friends
    wow this is big. erm....i dont know what to say. i suppose i dont have much experience in this matter but i would say he is not worth it if he treats you like that i suppose.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    PM me if your muslim Marisa, i will help you out.

Custom User Title (TM) MaXiMiUS's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    I giggle every time I see something go wrong because of religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freethought

"Freethought holds that individuals should neither accept nor reject ideas proposed as truth without recourse to knowledge and reason. Thus, freethinkers strive to build their beliefs on the basis of facts, scientific inquiry, and logical principles, independent of the factual/logical fallacies and intellectually-limiting effects of authority, cognitive bias, conventional wisdom, popular culture, prejudice, sectarianism, tradition, urban legend and all other dogmatic or otherwise fallacious principles. When applied to religion, the philosophy of freethought holds that, given presently-known facts, established scientific theories, and logical principles, there is insufficient evidence to support the existence of supernatural phenomena."

Try it sometime (this is to everybody).
    Owned: Excite Truck [8 GRP], Wii Sports [6G, 7R, 8P], Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [9G, 5RP], Elebits [7GR, 5P], Wii Play [5G, 8RP], The Godfather: Blackhand Edition [10G, 9R, 7P], Super Paper Mario [8G, 6R, 5P], SSX Blur [10 GRP].
    Rented: Rayman Raving Rabbids [6G, 7R, 9P].
    Wanted: Resident Evil 4, no Wii games currently.

G = Gameplay Rating, R = Replay Value, P = Party Rating, all out of 10.

Member #
    Friends
    I got it, listen to some dashboard, it solves everything!

"Your hair is everywhere!
    Screaming infedelities"

oh sorry, its the curly fries talking

anyways i find myself "spiritual" and don't go to church/temple/place of holy worship and/or holy bs

i pray to water towers, because someday they will dominate the world!
    (free e-hug for who can name the book)

i think if you keep fighting your both incapable of having an interreligon relationship

do you live together? that might be a problem cause theres more, right next to each other time....lol

be strong

oh btw, i was thinking a jewish zelda would have 2 triforces facing diff ways like a star of david?

digg it?

Ads