me cause i haven't played the new one

Google is your friend

Ceraintly Own:
    Wii,RedSteel,Legend of Zelda,The godfather ,R4DS & DS,prince of persia

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0554-8372-1002-5500
    Capcom's shown interest in making the Resident Evil series exclusive for Nintendo systems. However, things didn't work out, so now there's only 2 (and 1 other one in development) that are exclusive.

Definately not a childish series.

Otherwise, I like a lot of the games that others might consider "kiddy". Chibi Robo is amazingly fun, along with the Mario games.

current obsessions::
    Kingdom Hearts
    Fish

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    That's an interesting thought,

For a long time, Nintendo was the only major player in the console arena, right up to the Nintendo 64, where Sony made their big debut with the PlayStation which changed peoples perceptions on videogames forever.

Up until the PlayStation came out, the common perception of videogames were that they were all "kiddie" themed (with the exception of a few very popular PC/Arcade titles, namely DOOM and Mortal Kombat). The Nintendo 64 was still very childish, with it's colourful controllers and few mature titles (or for that matter, few titles that sparked mature interest).

(just for the record I am aware that the PlayStation came out before the Nintendo 64 so don't bother pointing it out, I am comparing them like this because they are of the same generation of home entertainment consoles).

All of a sudden we had Sony, with plenty of racing games, sports games, espionage games, fighting games, complex RPGs, survival-horror games, and whatnot, which was significantly more appealing to an adult market than what Nintendo had to offer (the vast majority of RPG attempts on the Nintendo 64 fell flat on their face, with the Zelda titles being justabout the only exceptions).

Sony instantly gained appeal with an older audience, if not for the primary presence of more adult orientated titles, for the sheer quantity and choice of games, not to mention the fact that being CD-based meant that parents with morgages to pay off could scunge on games and join the rampant piracy swag that plagued the first PlayStation.

It's true, Nintendo have made a comeback into a more grown up market, by aiming its two latest consoles (the DS and Wii) at an broader demographic. It seems to be working; people who have never considered owning a Nintendo console have happily purchased a Wii or DS and have gotten countless hours of enjoyment out of it.

I believe a common misconception among the "kiddie" image is not so much that a console is AIMED at younger demographic, but moreso that a rival console appeals to an older demographic, therefore anything that is not that console, must not be aimed at an older demographic - Do you get what I mean?

Hope this makes sense
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by i0n
    When Manhunt 2 is released , we need some young teens to go on a murdering rampage through a major city then turn round and blame the Wii.

Yea.. that out to do it
    nothing will happen to Ninty, they already advised parents to use parental control.

WiiChat Member hellbentformaiden's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    I really don't care about the image. I don't want my Mario games to be rated T or M or anything. I like them the way they are and it seems the kiddy image is making the most money for Nintendo, so that's good for us because it guarantees they can still stay in business.

I'd rather have more games like Hotel Dusk rather than some senseless Man Hunt crap any way.
    im with him. who the hell cares? i didnt buy the wii so i could play manhunt with a motion sensor controller. if i wanted to blow the crap out of something, i would have bought a 360 or ps3, or ill just go play my ps2. i bought my wii because the games are FUN, the gameplay is amazing, and the games have excellent replay value. none of my friends see that, and apparantly you dont either. i could care less about having violent games for the wii. zelda is in my opinion one of the greatest sets of games ever, and theyre not violent in the sense of having massive amounts of blood and gore, theyre just all around great games. so if nintendo decides to try and loose this 'kiddie' image, whatever. as long as they keep pumping out great games ill just stay in my couch and having a great time.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Yay, not one stupid post yet. Everyone is agreed so far. I hate how something E is suddenly "kiddy". I bet most who bought super mario bros. on VC were older than 21.

Ads