Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by sKin
    I disagree. I thought Perfect Dark was a terribly over-rated game when it first came out and I still think so today. The graphics were exactly like Goldeneye (love that game), the gameplay was EXTREMELY linear (as was everygame back then), and just everything about it took away from Goldeneye. There was nothing innovative about it.
    What you're talking about is not innovation though. Dictionary.com describes innovation as:
    Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.com
    1. something new or different introduced: numerous innovations in the high-school curriculum.
    2. the act of innovating; introduction of new things or methods.
    The fact of the matter, is that Halo wasn't particularly innovative. Sure, the graphics were good, but if improved graphics were innovation, then the PS3 will be boasting more innovation. It isn't. Perfect Dark introduced a number of new types of weapons, bots (with personality) and new play modes (counter-op?). Sure, the game didn't have that good graphics by today's standard, but you can't compare a game of two generations of consoles ago with the kind of graphics we have today (or even last generation).

Better graphics, clearer sounds and bigger games do not constitute as innovation. It's merely improvement. And lets no forget that Halo graphics will seem absolutely horrible when compare to next gen and the gen after that.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    But thats not why it was sooo innovative! Never in an FPS had there been amazing graphics, STUNNING music, an awesome storyline with a huge twist, the ability to ride any vehicle you choose, kick-ass multiplayer, and fluid gameplay with controls that matched it perfectly.
    Have you even played Counter Strike?
    (= Back =)

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    What is conter stirke have not heard of it
    -No Videos in SigAs it now we will know each other till nothing remains

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Haku
    What is conter stirke have not heard of it
    You're kidding, right?
    It's an online FPS (probably the most popular one in the world) where 2 teams (terrorists and anti-terrorists) battle each other. One team tries to complete a task (usually rescue hostages or detonate a bomb) and the opposing side tries to stop them. It's very fun, you should try it sometime.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Hey thanks I will try it

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sasuke747
    Have you even played Counter Strike?
    Yes, I played 2 years in CAL actually. I was quite good at that game. And I fail to see what Counters-Strike had to do with my quote...

The fact of the matter, is that Halo wasn't particularly innovative. Sure, the graphics were good, but if improved graphics were innovation, then the PS3 will be boasting more innovation. It isn't.
    Eh. You're not reading what i'm posting. I didn't say Halo was only innovative for one reason, but for mulitiple reasons:

But thats not why it was sooo innovative! Never in an FPS had there been amazing graphics, STUNNING music, an awesome storyline with a huge twist, the ability to ride any vehicle you choose, kick-ass multiplayer, and fluid gameplay with controls that matched it perfectly.
    Perfect Dark didn't have any of that. The graphics were on a goldeneye level which everybody had already seen before, the music was blah, the storyline was confusing, the controls were crap (man did I hate the n64 controller...), but I do have to admit the multi-player was pretty fun. I just don't see anything innovative about it im afraid now, and when it came out.

Got mah Wii: 2/24/08

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life.

And that is why I succeed.
    -Michael Jordan

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Eh. You're not reading what i'm posting. I didn't say Halo was only innovative for one reason, but for mulitiple reasons:
    I did read it. You picked out the wrong part:
    Quote Originally Posted by squall7
    Better graphics, clearer sounds and bigger games do not constitute as innovation. It's merely improvement.
    Which are some of the reasons why you thought Halo was innovative.

Perfect Dark didn't have any of that. The graphics were on a goldeneye level which everybody had already seen before, the music was blah, the storyline was confusing, the controls were crap (man did I hate the n64 controller...), but I do have to admit the multi-player was pretty fun. I just don't see anything innovative about it im afraid now, and when it came out.
    Well that's all opinion really. But fact still remains, Halo is not as innovative as Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark put more into things than previous FPS than Halo did. I'm not saying Halo is a bad game (although I personally think it's over-hyped), all I'm saying is that I would have more fun with Perfect Dark.

P.S. You can't stand a N64 controller but you're fine with an Xbox one? What kind of Bizzaro-world have I slipped into?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Which are some of the reasons why you thought Halo was innovative.
    I could simply say that all Perfect Dark was was just an improvement over Goldeneye. Does that make it right?

Well that's all opinion really. But fact still remains, Halo is not as innovative as Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark put more into things than previous FPS than Halo did. I'm not saying Halo is a bad game (although I personally think it's over-hyped), all I'm saying is that I would have more fun with Perfect Dark.
    No no no, that is where you are wrong. That is just your opinoin, not fact, and thus you shouldn't pass it off as fact. If I were to say its a fact that Halo is much more innovative than Perfect Dark, does that make it? There are three types of people who call Halo over-hyped: Nintendo/Sony fans, RPG lovers, and people who have never played Halo. I'm pretty sure you fall into one of those categories.

P.S. You can't stand a N64 controller but you're fine with an Xbox one? What kind of Bizzaro-world have I slipped into?
    Well back in the day it wasn't so bad, but eh, I just hated how uncomfortable that one analog stick was. Sue me.

Got mah Wii: 2/24/08

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life.

And that is why I succeed.
    -Michael Jordan

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I could simply say that all Perfect Dark was was just an improvement over Goldeneye. Does that make it right?
    JUST an improvement? No, you're wrong for the simple fact that it introduced certain things, rather than expanded on them. For example, the different personality types for the simulants, the "counter-operative mode" and the dizzying effect when you get hit by certain weapons/punched. Those were completely new, rather than simply improved upon.

No no no, that is where you are wrong. That is just your opinoin, not fact, and thus you shouldn't pass it off as fact. If I were to say its a fact that Halo is much more innovative than Perfect Dark, does that make it? There are three types of people who call Halo over-hyped: Nintendo/Sony fans, RPG lovers, and people who have never played Halo. I'm pretty sure you fall into one of those categories.
    My opinions are based on facts. I have played both extensively, and have come to this conclusion based on evidence and a clear understanding and definition of "innovative". I'm not saying it's "better", what I am refuting is that Halo is as innovative as you say it is. There are loads of different types of people that refer to Halo as over-hyped. For example, the non-gamer. How about the anti-microsoft people? If I wasn't a Nintendo fan, I wouldn't be here on this forum. I'm not particularly a fan of RPG (mainly the Final Fantasy series), and I have played the game extensively. Your specific use of words are trying to make out that it's "not normal" for someone to dislike Halo (or think it's over-hyped), and that they must belong to certain catagories, whereas people who don't fit into those catagories automatically think that Halo's reputation is deserved, and not in the least hyped up.

Well back in the day it wasn't so bad, but eh, I just hated how uncomfortable that one analog stick was. Sue me.
    Wasn't trying to miff anyone off. To me, the shape and size of the Xbox controller are awkward. I could very easily get on with the N64 controller.

P.S. I think this debate has gone on long enough. If you have more to back up your ideas that Halo is innovative, then please feel free to post them. If it's just gonna be a "I'm right, you're wrong" kind of rant/post, please research before hand and back up your ideas.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Thank you squall this guy obviulasy will not shut up about Halo even though you can telling him what innovative is alright skin change the topic man your getting old fast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads