+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Violence

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Well if you think that playing games will make you go shoot someone then you arn't very smart. The only people that do that already have many many problems and should be in an asylum some where not playing games.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Violent games do not incite violence in those that play them; anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool. Violent games provide an outlet for the natural aggression inborn in everything. The 70's and 80's are a testiment to that; when kids were exposed to nothing but the happiness of The Smurfs and other shows like them the levels of violence rose drastically. However, in the 90's, when shows like Power Rangers became popular, violent outbreaks began to drop and have continued to drop ever since.
    Everyone and everything on this planet is naturally violent, video games and movies profide us with a means of using this aggression in a harmless fashion.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    Violent games do not incite violence in those that play them; anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool. Violent games provide an outlet for the natural aggression inborn in everything. The 70's and 80's are a testiment to that; when kids were exposed to nothing but the happiness of The Smurfs and other shows like them the levels of violence rose drastically. However, in the 90's, when shows like Power Rangers became popular, violent outbreaks began to drop and have continued to drop ever since.
    Everyone and everything on this planet is naturally violent, video games and movies profide us with a means of using this aggression in a harmless fashion.
    I comepletly agree that it does not incite violence in those who play them. But the 70's and 80's were a diffrent time and I do not think that just because they had more entertaining violence in their lives that this was the one of the main reasons crime went down.

I OWN:
    Wii, 2 nunchucks and wiimotes, Wii Sports, Zelda:TP, Madden 07, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Super Paper Mario!

Member #
    Friends
    I agree that war should be taken seriously, I think 2142 is the best and my favourite move on it is to knife people. then I get killed and I'm like, WHATEVER! I watched a video though, THAT CHANGED ALL THAT! I showed real men getting limbs blown of, and other horrors. If everyone say stuff like that then war wouldn't be popular. EA doesn't want that though.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I have many relatives that are in the military. I respect war and the people who fight them (the people not using children with bombs stuck to them as bait anyways) but I don't think that there is anything wrong with modeling a game after historical events. And I think that you can learn from games like these. Call of duty really taught me what canada/other countries not recognized really did in WWII

I am a girl, deal w/ it. kitkat_bar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2709-7937-9905-7391
    The reason we have war games is because we as a human race are attracted to it. Especially men. Men have always been territorial and have always been attracted to death and violence. Video game is quite a few steps above the galdiator games held way back in roman times. Violence has always been around and always will be around. They are so previlant in video games because it alows us as a human race to get out our agression without actually hurting anyone.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I have many relatives that are in the military. I respect war and the people who fight them (the people not using children with bombs stuck to them as bait anyways) but I don't think that there is anything wrong with modeling a game after historical events. And I think that you can learn from games like these. Call of duty really taught me what canada/other countries not recognized really did in WWII
    Call of Duty is okay, but EA is promoting war in its Battlefield games. I only learned that if a tank kills you, come back to life with a rocket launcher

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Quote Originally Posted by thewiirules123
    I know I am going to get bashed for saying this, but whats the big deal with violence. Of course, as much as the next person I always find it fun to play shooter games, and some shooter games are great. But what I dont like are games that reinact wars or things like that. Because people dont fully realise how horrible war is; and it is the kind of thing that shouldn't be treated as a "game" because, it's not. When you play war games and you die there is a game over and you start playing again, in the real thing they don't get to replay. So I just don't think it's morally right to treat war as a thing of entertainment. And please, you have every right to disagree with me but give me an arguement not just a "u suck" post.

You don't like war games because war is horrible? Fair enough. You are a fan of other "shooter games" though? What about Grand Theft Auto. What about the people who really have been mugged, beaten, or killed, for nothing more than their car or wallets? Why is it fair to say war shouldn't be treated like a game but yet it's ok to beat an innocent man to death with a baseball bat over his car so you can run from the police? Seems a bit hypocritical.
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

GH3: 1676-1888-7277

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by fistpittingnork
    You don't like war games because war is horrible? Fair enough. You are a fan of other "shooter games" though? What about Grand Theft Auto. What about the people who really have been mugged, beaten, or killed, for nothing more than their car or wallets? Why is it fair to say war shouldn't be treated like a game but yet it's ok to beat an innocent man to death with a baseball bat over his car so you can run from the police? Seems a bit hypocritical.
    ...like I said...I love violence in games like zelda, guild wars, Call of Duty, and fight night...BUT GAMES LIKE GTA ARE CRAZY!

A friend of mines dad was drunk one night and end up killing someone, Then getting beaten himself. and Manhunt 2? way too over the top.

Member #
    Friends
    I am not a "fan" of any shooter games but some I find fun. GTA is really horrible and I discourage anyone from playing it.

I OWN:
    Wii, 2 nunchucks and wiimotes, Wii Sports, Zelda:TP, Madden 07, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Super Paper Mario!

Ads