LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Violence

  1. #11
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Well if you think that playing games will make you go shoot someone then you arn't very smart. The only people that do that already have many many problems and should be in an asylum some where not playing games.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  2. #12
    ~I Spy Hypocricy~ Gymdawg's Avatar
    Member #
    2683
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Her arms
    Posts
    1,279
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Violent games do not incite violence in those that play them; anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool. Violent games provide an outlet for the natural aggression inborn in everything. The 70's and 80's are a testiment to that; when kids were exposed to nothing but the happiness of The Smurfs and other shows like them the levels of violence rose drastically. However, in the 90's, when shows like Power Rangers became popular, violent outbreaks began to drop and have continued to drop ever since.
    Everyone and everything on this planet is naturally violent, video games and movies profide us with a means of using this aggression in a harmless fashion.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

  3. #13
    Wii Gamer thewiirules123's Avatar
    Member #
    16426
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    117
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    Violent games do not incite violence in those that play them; anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool. Violent games provide an outlet for the natural aggression inborn in everything. The 70's and 80's are a testiment to that; when kids were exposed to nothing but the happiness of The Smurfs and other shows like them the levels of violence rose drastically. However, in the 90's, when shows like Power Rangers became popular, violent outbreaks began to drop and have continued to drop ever since.
    Everyone and everything on this planet is naturally violent, video games and movies profide us with a means of using this aggression in a harmless fashion.
    I comepletly agree that it does not incite violence in those who play them. But the 70's and 80's were a diffrent time and I do not think that just because they had more entertaining violence in their lives that this was the one of the main reasons crime went down.

    I OWN:
    Wii, 2 nunchucks and wiimotes, Wii Sports, Zelda:TP, Madden 07, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Super Paper Mario!

  4. #14
    Zelda Master Darthspazz's Avatar
    Member #
    16779
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    63
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I agree that war should be taken seriously, I think 2142 is the best and my favourite move on it is to knife people. then I get killed and I'm like, WHATEVER! I watched a video though, THAT CHANGED ALL THAT! I showed real men getting limbs blown of, and other horrors. If everyone say stuff like that then war wouldn't be popular. EA doesn't want that though.

  5. #15
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I have many relatives that are in the military. I respect war and the people who fight them (the people not using children with bombs stuck to them as bait anyways) but I don't think that there is anything wrong with modeling a game after historical events. And I think that you can learn from games like these. Call of duty really taught me what canada/other countries not recognized really did in WWII

  6. #16
    I am a girl, deal w/ it. kitkat_bar's Avatar
    Member #
    10950
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Westminster
    Posts
    259
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2709-7937-9905-7391
    The reason we have war games is because we as a human race are attracted to it. Especially men. Men have always been territorial and have always been attracted to death and violence. Video game is quite a few steps above the galdiator games held way back in roman times. Violence has always been around and always will be around. They are so previlant in video games because it alows us as a human race to get out our agression without actually hurting anyone.

    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.


  7. #17
    Zelda Master Darthspazz's Avatar
    Member #
    16779
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    63
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I have many relatives that are in the military. I respect war and the people who fight them (the people not using children with bombs stuck to them as bait anyways) but I don't think that there is anything wrong with modeling a game after historical events. And I think that you can learn from games like these. Call of duty really taught me what canada/other countries not recognized really did in WWII
    Call of Duty is okay, but EA is promoting war in its Battlefield games. I only learned that if a tank kills you, come back to life with a rocket launcher

  8. #18
    Spliffer fistpittingnork's Avatar
    Member #
    15225
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    301
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Quote Originally Posted by thewiirules123
    I know I am going to get bashed for saying this, but whats the big deal with violence. Of course, as much as the next person I always find it fun to play shooter games, and some shooter games are great. But what I dont like are games that reinact wars or things like that. Because people dont fully realise how horrible war is; and it is the kind of thing that shouldn't be treated as a "game" because, it's not. When you play war games and you die there is a game over and you start playing again, in the real thing they don't get to replay. So I just don't think it's morally right to treat war as a thing of entertainment. And please, you have every right to disagree with me but give me an arguement not just a "u suck" post.

    You don't like war games because war is horrible? Fair enough. You are a fan of other "shooter games" though? What about Grand Theft Auto. What about the people who really have been mugged, beaten, or killed, for nothing more than their car or wallets? Why is it fair to say war shouldn't be treated like a game but yet it's ok to beat an innocent man to death with a baseball bat over his car so you can run from the police? Seems a bit hypocritical.
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

    GH3: 1676-1888-7277

  9. #19
    Zelda Master Darthspazz's Avatar
    Member #
    16779
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    63
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by fistpittingnork
    You don't like war games because war is horrible? Fair enough. You are a fan of other "shooter games" though? What about Grand Theft Auto. What about the people who really have been mugged, beaten, or killed, for nothing more than their car or wallets? Why is it fair to say war shouldn't be treated like a game but yet it's ok to beat an innocent man to death with a baseball bat over his car so you can run from the police? Seems a bit hypocritical.
    ...like I said...I love violence in games like zelda, guild wars, Call of Duty, and fight night...BUT GAMES LIKE GTA ARE CRAZY!

    A friend of mines dad was drunk one night and end up killing someone, Then getting beaten himself. and Manhunt 2? way too over the top.

  10. #20
    Wii Gamer thewiirules123's Avatar
    Member #
    16426
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    117
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I am not a "fan" of any shooter games but some I find fun. GTA is really horrible and I discourage anyone from playing it.

    I OWN:
    Wii, 2 nunchucks and wiimotes, Wii Sports, Zelda:TP, Madden 07, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Super Paper Mario!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 05:52 PM
  2. No More Heroes Director Talks Punk, Violence, Wii Games
    By CantGetAWii in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 08:55 AM
  3. Jack Thompson and violence in video games.
    By tank in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 01:06 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 12:15 PM