Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Violence

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    In vice city, me and my friends would get those car hauler things that look ramps, find a fast car and jump airplanes at the airport. Who cares about beating up hookers? They should make a free roaming game with sweet stunts to do. That is all I did in midtown madness too.

Im on more than you think bubba-ga-nush's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3369-4758-4482-0967
    GTA shouldnt influence people to do violent things. Because most of it is realy unrealistic. I cant just go to my local gun shop and buy a rocket launcher and some armor. Then hop on a jet pack to a high roof and starting blowing S*!t up. Very fun to do on the game though.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That away, when you criticize them, you're a mile way and you have their shoes.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Exactly, maybe you should update your user title too.

Member #
    Friends
    The way it, games provide an outlet for people. Its better to have a wild police chase in GTA or take an on an army with your tommy gun in COD then try it in real life.

Violent games for the purpose of being violent are silly, i agree but if its used as a tool to portray the game better and to make it more realistic then why not?

They say that sport is supposed to have stopped wars buy channeling our need for competition elsewhere, then why can games be an extention of that?

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I am a Christian and believe in original sin....But where is all this hate coming from? I don't understand why games should be an outlet of aggression. Why is it there? Why not confront the source directly?

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Being a Christian and believing in the Original Sin has nothing to do with the violence in video games. I can say that because I share your religion and I am very active in my church and yet I see no problem with the violence in video games. If a select group of parents don't want their kids to play them, for whatever reason, then that's their decision; just don't force your ignorance on me.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Member #
    Friends
    edit: oops the forums have gone violent on me and reproduced my post twice
    Last edited by Evil_kaz; 02-19-2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: double post

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I am a Christian and believe in original sin....But where is all this hate coming from? I don't understand why games should be an outlet of aggression. Why is it there? Why not confront the source directly?
    I wouldnt use the word aggression as much as frustration, sometimes after a long day at work you just want to play something that will help you unwind.

i live in the UK and iv seen a real live firearm like twice in my life, there just not common here. so maybe for me guns in games mean something different.

I dont follow the argument that violent games make a violent society per se but agree that age restrictions on games should observed strictly. We had the whole media circus out when that teenager killed his friend after playing Manhunt, but crucial thing for me was that he was well under the 18 certificate the game had. Thats where im afraid i would have to blame the parents...

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_kaz
    i live in the UK and iv seen a real live firearm like twice in my life, there just not common here. so maybe for me guns in games mean something different.
    Haha you've only seen 2 guns? I have 8 in my room right now, not including BB/pellet and airsoft/paintball guns.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    Being a Christian and believing in the Original Sin has nothing to do with the violence in video games. I can say that because I share your religion and I am very active in my church and yet I see no problem with the violence in video games. If a select group of parents don't want their kids to play them, for whatever reason, then that's their decision; just don't force your ignorance on me.
    Sorry, i'm not ignorant though. don't get me wrong, I like my violent games once and a while, but I don't understand the "violent tendencies" that people have. I like to hunt, play halo/whatever and I don't find myself doing that because I have violent tendencies. I just like to do it.

Totally agreed with actually enforcing ESRB/not sure uk labels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads