Closed Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Eh. I grew up with church morals.

So I don't find any of it too inticing.
    Heck, I don't even curse (yes, people like that DO exist.. I think)
    Nor say anything vulgar.

But, meh. I think they're better ways to spend money.

But then again, I protest fast food places.
    Unhealthy food that you pay too much for :[

IT PRINTS MONEY!
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Only a stoner whould say that
    Everything is better if your stoned. Music, food, video games, sex, but movies maybe not so much. This coming from someone who hasn't smoked this year.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Everything is better if your stoned. Music, food, video games, sex, but movies maybe not so much. This coming from someone who hasn't smoked this year.
    I fail to see the point of takin drugs
    Two hours on Tempest 2000 is as close as ill ever come to takein drugs

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by motherbrainrulez
    loose canon isnt there a confidentiality agreement where your not aloud to say stuff you see?

but anyway i know a girl whos just had a baby and shes 14

yes this is true, we are not ALLOWED (not aloud) to say stuff we see. it has to be eye witnessed first hand in order to stop something from happening but there are legalities to it. if paintballer for instance talks about being 14 with guns, what am i to do? nothing. if another member talks about lighting up weed i cant say a word.

the only thing i can do if i were to be a cop in your state is to locate authorities and tell them what is going on so they have a "lead" so to speak. thats all i can do.

so if someone lives in NY and does something wrong and i read about it. thats all im doing is reading about it. i can make a phone call yes and have him or her looked into but until a cop sees something first hand, we cant do sh*t unfortunitly

ETA- fistputtingnork? im sorry i spelt your name HORRIBLY wrong but you are very smart i dont know if anyone ever told you that seriously i mean it.

the is 10000% right on the reprocussions on smoking weed. the only thing i disagree with is the gate way drug "myth" although many sources would debate that it is or isnt, i believe it is. ive said it again to be even more repeatative that its one of the lesser of the evil drugs out there but if youre willing to try one thing thats illegal chances are youre willing to do others. but that goes for just about anything else too weither its under age drinking, or smoking ciggs. smoking ciggs can make you wanna try weed so whos to say ciggs arent a gateway "drug" either? go figure that one!

kind of messed up that im a cop and i think this way meanwhile if i were to tell my department id probably be looked at wierd and possibly written up for not taking away pot from kids and looking the other way.

i can lecture as much as i want but will it get them to stop by false propeganda telling them that its TRUELY that bad? no they know. kids arent as stupid as you think sometimes it amazes me. BUT they are ignorant when it comes to stating these facts. they may know it BUT do not have the proper references to say such facts. thats what annoys me.
    Last edited by The_Loose_Cannon; 02-20-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Try the UK for under age birth
    14 WTF

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, I'll play devil's advocate...

Let's see, benefits of smoking/nicotine:

1) Improves memory and concentration
    2) Appetite suppressant
    3) Treats symptoms of schizophrenia
    4) Reduces risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease
    5) Triggers release of endorphines (produces pleasurable sensation in the brain)
    6) Helps pay for roads and schools

If you're going to defend the use of alcohol in a responsible manner, then I don't see how you can simply dismiss smoking, provided it is also done in a responsible manner.

This means no throwing butts out the window of your car, never smoking around children, not smoking in places where you're in close proximity to large groups of people, and being respectful enough to put it out if someone asks.

Personal freedom and personal responsibility are things I take very seriously. As such, I find it hard to understand why people are so willing to have laws thrust upon them that limit their freedom to do things that do not harm others.

Oh, that's right, it's because smoking is disgusting, and bad for you, and you can't understand why ANYONE would do it...hate to be cliche here, but it really is a slippery slope. If you support getting rid of cigarettes altogether, and it seems that will be the eventual outcome, what will be the next "evil" to be targeted?

Fatty foods perhaps? As an adult, if I want to eat some greasy KFC, I should be allowed to do so. What business is it of anyone's what I do, smoke, eat or consume as long as I don't harm anyone else in the process? None...that's the answer...no need for discussion...

I'm sure this sounds like a pro-smoking rant, which it was not intended to be...rather a pro freedom rant. And to risk sounding like a conspiracy theorist, the government has purposefully misinformed the public about the facts concerning marijuana for a long time.

Do a little research on compassionate IND...it's not some fringe theory proposed by paranoid guys in tinfoil hats, it's an actual government sanctioned program that used marijuana medicinally, to great positive effect, but was killed for political reasons. (Can't very well fight a war on drugs AND let people know that some drugs are good for them...)

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stori...eCompassi.html

And to threadjack just a little...does the war on drugs seem at odds, at all, with the ads you see on TV every day. You know, the ones where they give you the name of a drug, don't tell you what it's for, but suggest you ask your doctor if it's right for you...

Alcohol is just as much of a drug as marijuana and has FAR greater negative effects...one is illegal, the other is advertised on TV...

WiiChats Offical Druggie ilovemywii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8002-1759-8157-9828
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    of course the cop has to chime in BUT im going to give my opinion on reasons beyond being a law enforcement officer.

i personally think that pot is one of the lesser of the evil drugs. granted its called "a gateway drug" but ive said it to TONS of kids on this site that if i were to arrest 99.9% of the kids i see on a daily basis for pot in ALL OF NYC, id still be at work processing papers a year later. Smoking/pot are similar things. Pot isnt addicting. no one can be addicted to pot because there are no "addictives" in it. THC is a hallucanigen and nicotine is a addictive. 2 different things. the smoke from pot causes you to cough heavily to open up your capillaries. you dont inhail....just like a cigar. ciggerettes you inhail and the nicotine and tar builds up in your lungs and esaphagus. ive seen surgery and ive seen blackend lungs. Ive seen comparisons with a FDNY fire fighter and a smoker and you can see how different the lungs look.
    sorry officer but i find pot VERY addicting....first time you try you dont really get addicted but once you become a daily pot smoker it is hard to stop..and you are supposed to inhale thats how you get the high....and as for weed being harmful...i dont think it is in all the years pot has been around no one has died from it...unlike cigarettes where ppl die everyday becuz of it

Smoke two blunts then I smoke one more, go to the store then I buy five more.
    Guitar Hero 3 Friend Code: 1719-1351-3665 PM me if u add me
    SSBB Friend Code: 3909-7219-4799 PM if u add

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemywii
    sorry officer but i find pot VERY addicting....first time you try you dont really get addicted but once you become a daily pot smoker it is hard to stop..and you are supposed to inhale thats how you get the high....and as for weed being harmful...i dont think it is in all the years pot has been around no one has died from it...unlike cigarettes where ppl die everyday becuz of it
    There's a difference between psychological and physical addiction...

Anything pleasurable has the potential to be psychologically addictive...most people want to keep doing things they enjoy...

That is different from a physical addiction where you'll suffer withdrawal symptoms if the substance is withheld...

Interestingly, alcohol and benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, etc.) seem to be the only drugs whose withdrawal can actually kill you...

This Bud's for you...

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemywii

there are no addictives in pot

nicotine is something you get addicted to. there is nothing in pot that can cause addiction. People smoke pot because its habitual but its EXTREAMLY easy to stop. there are no signes of withdrawels. you dont shake, you dont gain weight (you gain weight when you binge like eating a whole pie "the munchies") and you dont sweat at night like other things that cause addiction IE harder drug usage

unless someone is lacing your pot with LSD or something else along those lines, again, there is nothing addictive in pot

ETA- i cant believe i wrote "LCD" instead of LSD at first wow! lmfao

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    unless someone is lacing your pot with LCD or something else along those lines, again, there is nothing addictive in pot
    I hate when people put LCD screens in my drugs

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Ads