LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Its also slag for Gay in a rude way

yes to those who are ignorant and call the gays that name. its not even the real meaning of the word and thats what i dont understand.

Hot Mii on Mii Action n3gative3's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6463-5989-7393-9643
    It has been found that Marijuana can be addictive because of the opiates in it. That is not to say that everyone who smokes is addicted to it but there is a possibility. Just thought you would all like to know because I too have heard that whole "It is psychologically addictive but not physically..." which upon continuing research doesn't seem the case.

Be touched by his noodly appendage

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by n3gative3
    It has been found that Marijuana can be addictive because of the opiates in it. That is not to say that everyone who smokes is addicted to it but there is a possibility. Just thought you would all like to know because I too have heard that whole "It is psychologically addictive but not physically..." which upon continuing research doesn't seem the case.
    If your marijuana has opiates in it, they were put there after it grew...opiates come from opium, which comes from the poppy...

There are also some synthetic opioids, but marijuana is not, nor does it contain opiates...

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon

ETA- fistputtingnork? im sorry i spelt your name HORRIBLY wrong but you are very smart i dont know if anyone ever told you that seriously i mean it.

the is 10000% right on the reprocussions on smoking weed. the only thing i disagree with is the gate way drug "myth" although many sources would debate that it is or isnt, i believe it is. ive said it again to be even more repeatative that its one of the lesser of the evil drugs out there but if youre willing to try one thing thats illegal chances are youre willing to do others. but that goes for just about anything else too weither its under age drinking, or smoking ciggs. smoking ciggs can make you wanna try weed so whos to say ciggs arent a gateway "drug" either? go figure that one!

kind of messed up that im a cop and i think this way meanwhile if i were to tell my department id probably be looked at wierd and possibly written up for not taking away pot from kids and looking the other way.

i can lecture as much as i want but will it get them to stop by false propeganda telling them that its TRUELY that bad? no they know. kids arent as stupid as you think sometimes it amazes me. BUT they are ignorant when it comes to stating these facts. they may know it BUT do not have the proper references to say such facts. thats what annoys me.
    Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

I respect your opinion on marijuana being a gateway drug. My opinion on the matter has been stated, and though my opinion parallels the statistics, I have put my own experiences into that opinion. I have no desire to try coke, meth, heroine, etc... I've never tried it, and I've only been offered 1 other drug before in my life and that has been coke, and it was all a misunderstanding. I'm against any drug that is man made. I would try mushrooms, kratom, peyote, opium, etc... Anything that is natural I would at least consider trying, but I really don't have a need to hunt out any of these and try them now. I'll be just as happy if I die an old man and never try a single one. I have done salvia though, which is still legal in most states, but also a natural drug.

If some people choose not to try pot, or if they try it and decide it's not for them, I'll support them 100%. I just don't support the idea that it's a killer, it causes you to snap, people who do it are automatically bad people, etc... You seem to understand that, and I could be wrong, but I'm certain you're not a "pot head", yet you have consideration for the other point of view. Whether you agree or not with my POV, all I ask is that you listen to it shall you decide to discuss it, and respect it for what it is, my opinion.

Being in law enforcement, you're not the only one, BY FAR, who really sees there are more important punishments to hand out besides marijuana punishment. Have you ever heard of LEAP? Law Enforcement Against Prohibition is an organization whose name is pretty self explanatory. Mostly focused on marijuana laws and punishment, but it's coming from two different perspectives. One part of the group just believes there are more important laws to enforce and crimes and criminals to attend to than somebody carrying 1/4 oz of pot in their pocket. The other half understands the real dangers, or the lack thereof I should say, of marijuana. I'm sure theres a mix of the two scattered about as well. Their website is http://leap.cc/

There are few things I feel passionate about, this obviously being one of them. I am a supporter of my local NORML chapter (http://www.norml.org/) as well, and definitely recommend this site for more information on why we fight. Most people who oppose it just think we fight so we can legally sit around all day and space out (as ignorant as that sounds, more people than you would assume actually believe this) and have no consideration for the people in physical pain, people who are going through types of medical treatments that cause loss of appetite, people like me, with asthma, all who really aren't too comfortable with putting man made chemicals into our bodies. Several are steroids, are new to the market so there isn't too much info regarding long-term usage affects, and several other legitimate reasons marijuana should be legalized. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for punishing a full grown man who is trying to sell bags of pot to a playground full of elementary kids. Hell, I'd want the same punishment if he was trying to sell them ibuprofen.

You seem to agree or respect most of the things I've said, so I appreciate you taking the time to read it all, but more importantly I appreciate your open mind and consideration. Too bad the world is short changed on people like you.

Marijuana for Asthma links:

http://www.rxmarihuana.com/lisa.htm
    http://cannabisnews.com/news/7/thread7749.shtml (definitely has some good stories) Some people just don't understand what it's like to have an asthma attack. It's not just being short of breath, there is an all around pressure, a pain, and a panic that cannot be explained with words, it's nice to have an option open that offers relief, and settles the mind in knowing you're not inhaling all these different types of chemicals whose name you can't even spell, let alone pronounce.
    Last edited by fistpittingnork; 02-20-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

GH3: 1676-1888-7277

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Still weed is illegal in the UK (as are nonprescription drugs)
    The others arnt

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    What some people find the funniest about me, is despite all this, both of my parents are with the Oklahoma County Sheriff Department as deputies.

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by fistpittingnork
    Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

I respect your opinion on marijuana being a gateway drug. My opinion on the matter has been stated, and though my opinion parallels the statistics, I have put my own experiences into that opinion. I have no desire to try coke, meth, heroine, etc... I've never tried it, and I've only been offered 1 other drug before in my life and that has been coke, and it was all a misunderstanding. I'm against any drug that is man made. I would try mushrooms, kratom, peyote, opium, etc... Anything that is natural I would at least consider trying, but I really don't have a need to hunt out any of these and try them now. I'll be just as happy if I die an old man and never try a single one. I have done salvia though, which is still legal in most states, but also a natural drug.

If some people choose not to try pot, or if they try it and decide it's not for them, I'll support them 100%. I just don't support the idea that it's a killer, it causes you to snap, people who do it are automatically bad people, etc... You seem to understand that, and I could be wrong, but I'm certain you're not a "pot head", yet you have consideration for the other point of view. Whether you agree or not with my POV, all I ask is that you listen to it shall you decide to discuss it, and respect it for what it is, my opinion.

Being in law enforcement, you're not the only one, BY FAR, who really sees there are more important punishments to hand out besides marijuana punishment. Have you ever heard of LEAP? Law Enforcement Against Prohibition is an organization whose name is pretty self explanatory. Mostly focused on marijuana laws and punishment, but it's coming from two different perspectives. One part of the group just believes there are more important laws to enforce and crimes and criminals to attend to than somebody carrying 1/4 oz of pot in their pocket. The other half understands the real dangers, or the lack thereof I should say, of marijuana. I'm sure theres a mix of the two scattered about as well. Their website is http://leap.cc/

There are few things I feel passionate about, this obviously being one of them. I am a supporter of my local NORML chapter (http://www.norml.org/) as well, and definitely recommend this site for more information on why we fight. Most people who oppose it just think we fight so we can legally sit around all day and space out (as ignorant as that sounds, more people that you would assume actually believe this) and have no consideration for the people in physical pain, people who are going through types of medical treatments that cause loss of appetite, people like me, with asthma, all who really aren't too comfortable with putting man made chemicals into our bodies. Several are steroids, are new to the market so there isn't too much info regarding long-term usage affects, and several other legitimate reasons marijuana should be legalized. Don't get me wrong that, I'm all for punishing a full grown man who is trying to sell bags of pot to a playground full of elementary kids. Hell, I'd want the same punishment if he was trying to sell them ibuprofen.

You seem to agree or respect most of the things I've said, so I appreciate you taking the time to read it all, but more importantly I appreciate your open mind and consideration. Too bad the world is short changed on people like you.

Marijuana for Asthma links:

http://www.rxmarihuana.com/lisa.htm
    http://cannabisnews.com/news/7/thread7749.shtml (definitely has some good stories) Some people just don't understand what it's like to have an asthma attack. It's not just being short of breath, there is an all around pressure, a pain, and a panic that cannot be explained with words.

anytime fistPITTINGnork...dont know what possessed me to write "putting" lol.

anyways, youre opinion is based on facts. its knowlegeable information weither its good to smoke pot or bad. pot is 100000000% pure, its grown in nature and theres nothing added. therefore it can be considered hollistic which is why they use it to alieveiate pain for those with medical conditions.

in any event, i respect everyones decisions. i listen to everyone and try to reason (unless its ignorant beyond believe) you have said everything with links, facts and myths and i agree with all of them since they are true BUT unfortunitly the law is the law and we restrict all that is "illegal" drugs, contraband ect. its our job. nothing we can do even if we agree with it or not.

ive never heard of LEAP i guess its not something they have out here in NYC. but its deff a site i will check out in the future

and again, everyone gets respect with me. unless you are an idiot and dont deserve it. thats the one time i will get snappy or bitchy. other than that if someone has different views than me and can stand up for them with educated responses, i will listen intently and care. like i said you are very intellegent and i would tell you the truth if what you were typing was "stupid" which it isnt

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    LEAP supporters, for the sake of their jobs, aren't and can't be as open as they'd like to be, but for the most part, they do get their point across and that's the least we could hope for.

LEAP officers are everywhere though. Who knows, even one of your supervisors could be planning a LEAP gathering right now.

I'm not always right with everything that I say, but for the most part I try not to argue unless I have experience or notable proof to back me up.

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by fistpittingnork
    LEAP supporters, for the sake of their jobs, aren't and can't be as open as they'd like to be, but for the most part, they do get their point across and that's the least we could hope for.

LEAP officers are everywhere though. Who knows, even one of your supervisors could be planning a LEAP gathering right now.

I'm not always right with everything that I say, but for the most part I try not to argue unless I have experience or notable proof to back me up.
    as should everyone think the same thing but apparently thats not the case grrrrrrrrrr lol

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgoonz
    Ok, I'll play devil's advocate...

Let's see, benefits of smoking/nicotine:

1) Improves memory and concentration
    2) Appetite suppressant
    3) Treats symptoms of schizophrenia
    4) Reduces risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease
    5) Triggers release of endorphines (produces pleasurable sensation in the brain)
    6) Helps pay for roads and schools

If you're going to defend the use of alcohol in a responsible manner, then I don't see how you can simply dismiss smoking, provided it is also done in a responsible manner.

This means no throwing butts out the window of your car, never smoking around children, not smoking in places where you're in close proximity to large groups of people, and being respectful enough to put it out if someone asks.

Personal freedom and personal responsibility are things I take very seriously. As such, I find it hard to understand why people are so willing to have laws thrust upon them that limit their freedom to do things that do not harm others.

Oh, that's right, it's because smoking is disgusting, and bad for you, and you can't understand why ANYONE would do it...hate to be cliche here, but it really is a slippery slope. If you support getting rid of cigarettes altogether, and it seems that will be the eventual outcome, what will be the next "evil" to be targeted?

Fatty foods perhaps? As an adult, if I want to eat some greasy KFC, I should be allowed to do so. What business is it of anyone's what I do, smoke, eat or consume as long as I don't harm anyone else in the process? None...that's the answer...no need for discussion...

I'm sure this sounds like a pro-smoking rant, which it was not intended to be...rather a pro freedom rant. And to risk sounding like a conspiracy theorist, the government has purposefully misinformed the public about the facts concerning marijuana for a long time.

Do a little research on compassionate IND...it's not some fringe theory proposed by paranoid guys in tinfoil hats, it's an actual government sanctioned program that used marijuana medicinally, to great positive effect, but was killed for political reasons. (Can't very well fight a war on drugs AND let people know that some drugs are good for them...)

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stori...eCompassi.html

And to threadjack just a little...does the war on drugs seem at odds, at all, with the ads you see on TV every day. You know, the ones where they give you the name of a drug, don't tell you what it's for, but suggest you ask your doctor if it's right for you...

Alcohol is just as much of a drug as marijuana and has FAR greater negative effects...one is illegal, the other is advertised on TV...
    I feel this way too. I think all drugs should be legalized and it should be up to the people to decide if they want to use them. I could care less if someone does crack or smokes as long as they don't do it away from other people. I extremely hate it when people come up and blow smoke in your face. If someone does that to me and they don't put it out if asked then they can count on my fist in their face. But its fine if they do it at home enless they have kids then they should go outside. And as far as marijuana being a "gateway drug" I think thats bullshit. The only reason it can lead to other drugs is because it is illegal and chances are the people you get it from also have other drugs. If it was legal and you could go get it from the store like alcohol and tabacco it would be no more of a "gateway drug" than alcohol. People just need to weigh the advantages and disadvantages and see if the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. In my case I think that the advantages of Alcohol and Marijuana are worth the risks. But as far as Tabacco and other drugs go I find that they are way to risky for what you get out of them. But everybody has different opinions on what is too risky and what is not. So each individual person needs to assess the situation and make their own decision which needs to be respected by others. At least thats how I feel.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Ads