Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    How does everyone on here know more about Mormons than me when I live in Utah with Mormon parents? I have no idea what your even talking abour Brawny.
    Just because I'm firm in my beliefs doesn't mean I should ignore other ideas and be completely ignorant. I think you should not be able to say anything about anything until you know about it pretty well. Mormons (correct my if im wrong voltun, believe in 3 levels of heaven, celestial, terrestrial, and telestial. Which one you go to depends on certain things, too long to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltun
    Well, we are Christians. We believe in Christ. And what do you mean "the defense" What defense? And about the marijuana again, if there is any drug which has the least amout of negative effects, weed is it. But I have known a person who was on the receiving end of a crash where the other driver was high. Luckily it wasn't serious, but it makes me kinda biased i guess.
    YOU believe that, but all other denominations disagree, even Roman Catholics who Protestants barely consider Christians. On the defense, change it to "support".

Okay, back on topic. Even if I wasn't religious, I wouldn't want to put weird things in my body that aren't supposed to be there.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    Okay, back on topic. Even if I wasn't religious, I wouldn't want to put weird things in my body that aren't supposed to be there.
    Where do you draw the line though? Do you take tylenol? What about antibiotics?

Neither of these is any more "natural" than marijuana...

You should do what you believe...for the record, I'm not advocating the use of drugs.

The fact remains that marijuana has every bit as much or more medicinal value than a great many of the substances that the FDA has approved.

The negative reputation it has is the result of a puritanical "smear" campaign that has misrepresented the truth about this particular plant.

It remains illegal, which I feel is wrong...the same way a number of you feel it is wrong to use marijuana.

The thing is, why do you feel that marijuana is wrong? It's a naturally occuring plant. Presumably, God created it...so why is it wrong?

I'm not talking about the law here...I'm talking about morality. Why is it wrong to use marijuana, but ok to take antibiotics?

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgoonz
    Where do you draw the line though? Do you take tylenol? What about antibiotics?

Neither of these is any more "natural" than marijuana...

You should do what you believe...for the record, I'm not advocating the use of drugs.

The fact remains that marijuana has every bit as much or more medicinal value than a great many of the substances that the FDA has approved.

The negative reputation it has is the result of a puritanical "smear" campaign that has misrepresented the truth about this particular plant.

It remains illegal, which I feel is wrong...the same way a number of you feel it is wrong to use marijuana.

The thing is, why do you feel that marijuana is wrong? It's a naturally occuring plant. Presumably, God created it...so why is it wrong?

I'm not talking about the law here...I'm talking about morality. Why is it wrong to use marijuana, but ok to take antibiotics?
    its wrong to take pot becuase its illegal bottom line. even though you and i agree that pot can be medically helpful, it is still illegal and thats what makes people stick their noses up at it

antibiotics is natural too because its a fungus/bacteria. its not manmade. advil IS manmade though. there are lots of chemicals in it to alieviate pain and people can get hooked on them too (psychological mainly). thats why there is a max dosage (limit 8 per 24 hours) and only so many MG (max ive seen over the counter is 800MG) allowed to be sold unless perscribed by a dr

anyways, thats why most people think weed is bad without thinking of the pros/cons because it is illegal its automatically assumed that it is evil.

Member #
    in your head reputation: 101-24 till next block
    Friends
    7927-4585-8292-8959
    i feel it's fine as long as people don't go over the legal limte and as long the pot isn't contaminated. plus im entirly against crack and heroine

Google is your friend

Ceraintly Own:
    Wii,RedSteel,Legend of Zelda,The godfather ,R4DS & DS,prince of persia

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by ganton
    i feel it's fine as long as people don't go over the legal limte and as long the pot isn't contaminated. plus im entirly against crack and heroine

pot does not have a "legal limit" smoking a HUGE blunt really has no "side effects" just gives you appearence of being high. there is no death in association to smoking large ammounts of pot.....unless i am wrong? ive never heard of it.

alachol however depends on the person. when we do breathalyzers, someone with ONE beer in their system will register and we WILL write them a ticket even though they pass the tests (IE stand on one leg, extend your left arm out and touch your nose) its still a DWI.

for example, my boyfriend is a BIG guy, roughly 250LBS 5'9. im 5'2 about 120LBS (stfu i know im fat lmao). i can out drink him in a heart beat (again 2 cops with alachol lol) and not be affected. we'll have the same ammount of alachol and meanwhile hell be drunk and im still ok to go. however it doesnt mean that if the 2 of us were to go behind the wheel that im more capable to drive than him. thats not true. we would both register the same points when givin the breathalyzer.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    its wrong to take pot becuase its illegal bottom line. even though you and i agree that pot can be medically helpful, it is still illegal and thats what makes people stick their noses up at it

antibiotics is natural too because its a fungus/bacteria. its not manmade. advil IS manmade though. there are lots of chemicals in it to alieviate pain and people can get hooked on them too (psychological mainly). thats why there is a max dosage (limit 8 per 24 hours) and only so many MG (max ive seen over the counter is 800MG) allowed to be sold unless perscribed by a dr

anyways, thats why most people think weed is bad without thinking of the pros/cons because it is illegal its automatically assumed that it is evil.
    The only problem with that argument is that laws are NOT always right. If they were, they would never change. The law is in a constant state of flux...

Anyone ever heard of prohibition?

As I've mentioned, I have never taken ANY illegal drug...I make a point of not breaking the law in general.

That doesn't mean that I agree with all the laws that have been passed. You can take a hardline stance on it: "it's against the law so it's wrong;" however,
    I try to form my own opinions on things based on all the available evidence.

It's one thing to live your life according to morals that dictate not breaking the law, but it's entirely another to be so naive and narrow-minded that you refuse to even acknowledge the possibility that perhaps some of the laws that have been passed are not necessarily in our best interests.

For the simple fact that lawmakers are human, it is likely that they will make mistakes and missteps. I feel drug laws fall into this area. It doesn't mean I'm taking them, nor suggesting to anyone else that they should.

The_Loose_Cannon
    The only problem with that argument is that laws are NOT always right. If they were, they would never change. The law is in a constant state of flux...

Anyone ever heard of prohibition?

As I've mentioned, I have never taken ANY illegal drug...I make a point of not breaking the law in general.

That doesn't mean that I agree with all the laws that have been passed. You can take a hardline stance on it: "it's against the law so it's wrong;" however,
    I try to form my own opinions on things based on all the available evidence.

It's one thing to live your life according to morals that dictate not breaking the law, but it's entirely another to be so naive and narrow-minded that you refuse to even acknowledge the possibility that perhaps some of the laws that have been passed are not necessarily in our best interests.

For the simple fact that lawmakers are human, it is likely that they will make mistakes and missteps. I feel drug laws fall into this area. It doesn't mean I'm taking them, nor suggesting to anyone else that they should.

no i completely understand that the law isnt always right. trust me just becasue i have to uphold them and guide people to the "right way of life" doenst mean that half the things they do that we ticket them for are correct. IE jay walking....what cop has EVER gave a ticket for jaywalking?!?! pot too. its NOT that bad! come on now......hell im so cool with the neighborhood people that i patrol, people have smoked right infront of me just because i dont care and i wont arrest someone for weed when its "hollistic" i dont really mind. (the smell can sometimes make me a little naucious but wtvr it doesnt matter)

in any event, yes i know about prohibition. but weed isnt alachol. you didnt see elliot ness try to stop al capone from smuggling weed didcha? lol

but seriously though, the law is CONSTANTLY changing and i can see in the near future weed becomming legal. i mean really, if it were to be legal, youd see EVERYONES opinion change. youd see people who thought "OMG I WOULDNT TOUCH THAT SH*T ITS DISGUSTING AND AGAINST EVERYTHING I STAND FOR!!!!!!!!" try it in a heartbeat because whos to stop them from doing something that "is legal?"

go figure.

as for people being nieve, i agree. i may be against people smoking weed because its illegal and im suppost to but i see why people smoke it and i know why they do. there is NOTHING wrong with the drug per say for those that do it. thats why i agree with you and fistpittingnork. you 2 are intellegent and know your facts about smoking weed. you know what youre talking about and how it can be beneficial. thats why i respect your theories. i wouldnt argue with you if you didnt have an intellegent standpoint. if you were like half the knuckleheads that wrote "oh dont do it cause its bad" or "i smoke it just cause" id find you to be the dumbest individuals possible. what facts do you have that its bad? what facts do you have cause its good? you can quote fistpitting and yourself all you want but youre only agreeing with facts that have already been pointed out by someone else who took the time in educating the rest of this thread

no one should condone smoking weed in general. one smokes it for personal reasons. one shouldnt put peer pressure and other thoughts of good vs bad into the minds of minors.

what they do is their decision and their decision only ya know?
    Last edited by The_Loose_Cannon; 02-23-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I haven't advocated it or tried to convince anyone they should do it. I've even clarified that point at least twice.

If one's argument is: "it's wrong because it's illegal," then they have nothing further of substance to contribute to this discussion.

It is against the law, so for that reason alone, you shouldn't do it.

The_Loose_Cannon
    I haven't advocated it or tried to convince anyone they should do it. I've even clarified that point at least twice.

If one's argument is: "it's wrong because it's illegal," then they have nothing further of substance to contribute to this discussion.

It is against the law, so for that reason alone, you shouldn't do it.
    i never said you were im saying in general and its primarily directed to members such as paintballer who has been targeting at the kids who wish not to do these drugs (and good for them for not trying it in the first place!)

and thats what i was trying to say that requoting you and fistpittingnork isnt doing anything except wasting space on the thread. those that are saying "its bad" or "its illegal" or "i smoke it just cause" are idiotic with like you said nothing to contribute primarily because why? why is the legit reason? not like wed persude you to do it but we wanna know why. not like we dont respect the decision either but why type only that and then nothing else afterwards? its not intellegent at all and its not really saying anything about your views. thats what this thread it. about your views and if its just one sentence on "ew" then whats the point of posting in the first place?

thats what my little "rant" was above which wasnt really a rant, just a novel again

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    i never said you were im saying in general and its primarily directed to members such as paintballer who has been targeting at the kids who wish not to do these drugs (and good for them for not trying it in the first place!)
    Hey wtf I didn't even say anything against people that don't want to do them. I said that its their choice. Also you said that I was making fun of that guy for not drinking tea in an earlier post and I wasn't making fun of him I was just asking why because nearly everyone I know is mormon and almost everyone I know consumes caffine.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Ads