LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 318
  1. #291
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    getting drunk with mates in a club and looking after each other if u get toooo pissed, is great fun tho, having a great time, letting your inabitions go, you do things which u want to do, but wouldn't normaly maybe because of self confidence. just dance a lil or a lottle and have loads of FUUUUUUUUN!!!
    Mac Expert.

  2. Ads


  3. #292
    Anger is a gift. Frank_K's Avatar
    Member #
    18066
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island (not an island, the roads are bad)
    Posts
    16
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0053-4631-2898-5107
    Hi,
    Humans have always looked for ways to alter their conciousnes. We always will. Societies make decisions on which substances to allow and which to ban. The US has made some pretty bad choices in alcohol and tobacco, one of which causes blackouts and violence, the other as addictive as heroin. Since I choose to use substances that are much less dangerous (pot and shrooms) society vilifies me, go figure.
    The costs of our drug policy are staggering, the US has the highest incarceration rate of any society in history (pretty good, we beat Stalin and Pol Pot on this count!). This is a direct result of the mandatory sentencing guidelines that are part of the 'War on Drugs.' Our jails are full of non-violent drug offenders.
    I say let folks do whatever they want. Just don't hurt nobody, unless of course they ask you....

  4. #293
    Hoo-ah! I_Dont_Know859's Avatar
    Member #
    1262
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    217
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2253-9251-9851-5765
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_K
    Hi,
    I say let folks do whatever they want. Just don't hurt nobody, unless of course they ask you....
    i would agree if only it was that simple, but sadly it isn't and many people don't take into consideration the consequences for you and others that you make affect knowingly and unknowingly. The risks of the long term pain far outweighs the few hours of pleasure. I've witnessed it first hand. There are some many factors you have to consider with this choice that most don't think about. If you want an example, peer pressure has a big impact on high school students. There are some that smoke responsibly, but i noticed they like to get other people smoking the pot with them. Many times, these other students smoke it responsibly with them. But get addicted to it. Then they get some pot and start smoking it on their own and not being responsible. The cravings become to much. they stop focusing on there classes and other important things in their life. Also think about that student having a little brother or sister seeing them smoking pot, how would that influence them. I've observed similar problem at my college when i became a cop. I believe that drugs should only be limited to medical uses only. Sorry but there are just to many consequences (and not just from the law too) you have to take just to get high.
    Last edited by I_Dont_Know859; 03-01-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    For he is God's servant to do thee good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the servant of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4

  5. #294
    The_Loose_Cannon
    Guest The_Loose_Cannon's Avatar
    if folks did whatever they wanted but "didnt hurt anyone" in the process then this is the 60s all over agian. thered be no war, thered be no police, thered be no government (in a sence "anarchy")

    i cant stand when civilians say "oh let them do whatever" in such a liberal manner because quite frankly you dont know what we deal with (ie, Law Enforcement Officials). you dont see the darkness that we see. you dont see the aftermath of car accidents due to DWIs you dont see the aftermath of drug effects when you go to crack houes and you certainly dont see what goes on behind closed doors

    until youve seen both sides of the spectrum here with drug use and so on, youd change that "let them do what they want" attitude. ill take that to the grave with me.

    besides, with human nature today, do you really think they have the common sense? thats right, NO because not only are they doing it to themselves when they know its wrong, they are lacking in responsibility too and lack of concern for themselves.

    just because its illegal doesnt mean that its "a must" to do....

  6. #295
    WiiChat Member hiredgoonz's Avatar
    Member #
    13121
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    109
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    i cant stand when civilians say "oh let them do whatever" in such a liberal manner because quite frankly you dont know what we deal with (ie, Law Enforcement Officials). you dont see the darkness that we see. you dont see the aftermath of car accidents due to DWIs you dont see the aftermath of drug effects when you go to crack houes and you certainly dont see what goes on behind closed doors
    Right, except that DWIs go against "without hurting anyone else." So are you saying we should ban alcohol?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    until youve seen both sides of the spectrum here with drug use and so on, youd change that "let them do what they want" attitude. ill take that to the grave with me.
    Yeah, I've seen both sides of it...more of both sides than you would probably believe. I still stick with the philosophy that as long as you do not harm another living thing in the process, it should be up to the individual to make choices about what they consume...

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon

    besides, with human nature today, do you really think they have the common sense? thats right, NO because not only are they doing it to themselves when they know its wrong, they are lacking in responsibility too and lack of concern for themselves.

    just because its illegal doesnt mean that its "a must" to do....
    That's a scary argument...I mean, I realize you're a cop, but seriously?!? What other things should be prohibited under the guise of protecting us poor stupid people?

    I won't argue that people as a whole are intelligent, per se...however, I think that a lot of us can do a pretty fine job of making decisions for ourselves.
    Last edited by hiredgoonz; 03-01-2007 at 01:20 PM.

  7. #296
    WiiChat Member MACRI's Avatar
    Member #
    17826
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    28
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I hope you are in no way claiming the title "Straight Edge" because thats ****ing stupid.

  8. #297
    The_Loose_Cannon
    Guest The_Loose_Cannon's Avatar
    youre lucky i like you but no seriously i see your point

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgoonz
    Right, except that DWIs go against "without hurting anyone else." So are you saying we should ban alcohol?
    nope of course not. when i think we should do is the same thing they do down south. they limit the consumption of alachol. as soon as we see that someone is getting out of hand we restrict them. ( i learned that when i was a waitress at a local ocharlies a while back). if NY did that there wouldnt be such a high rate of DWIs in this state.


    Yeah, I've seen both sides of it...more of both sides than you would probably believe. I still stick with the philosophy that as long as you do not harm another living thing in the process, it should be up to the individual to make choices about what they consume...
    never doubted you didnt know both sides of the coin. i mean i know your crudentials and i believe you know as well as i do the aftermath. again, i see what youre saying with you sticking with your "philosophy" me on the other hand i still dont believe in it so im sorry im disagreeing with you



    That's a scary argument...I mean, I realize you're a cop, but seriously?!? What other things should be prohibited under the guise of protecting us poor stupid people?

    I won't argue that people as a whole are intelligent, per se...however, I think that a lot of us can do a pretty fine job of making decisions for ourselves.
    lol i know its scary but my intentions werent to make it scary so im sorry thats how you read it as. however i cant compare our behavior to others state wide. what i deal with in NYC is NOTHING like say pigsknuckle arkansas or peedmonth north dakota ya know? so my level of "stupidity" is WAYYY up there compared to what everyone else might see. so when i say peoples judgement that they are stupid its because of what i see daily. what you see daily and what i see are probably 2 different pairs of eyes ya know?

    thats really what i mean when i write that people lack common sense and intellegence. i mean really we have laws and its not hard to really disobey them yet there is a need to. thats what i am saying when i wrote about people that really have no sense of intellegence. IE they truely are stupid

  9. #298
    Anger is a gift. Frank_K's Avatar
    Member #
    18066
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island (not an island, the roads are bad)
    Posts
    16
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0053-4631-2898-5107
    Different societies make choices on what intoxicants they use, our societies choices are bad alcohol and tobacco. The social cost of both is high. Other drugs, cocaine and meth amphetamine have still higher social costs. Still a third group have a lesser or negligible social cost, wiid (I truly am very sorry for that) and caffiene. Wouldn't it be better to have a debate that would evaluate drug policy in these terms? De-criminalization could free up law enforcement and the courts to deal with more pressing matters. The benefit to the tax base is self evident. Prohibition has shown itself a be a failure, an honest debate about drug policy would be a welcome change.

  10. #299
    Wii Nerd gamechaser001's Avatar
    Member #
    7118
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    432
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    I guess it's what you classify as a drug, truthfully, the average human would at least use one drug a day

    Some drugs you may use daily are deodorant (yes, it's classified as a drug, look ad the "drug facts" on the back), for those of you who drink soda and/or coffee, caffene is classified as a drug, nad who knows, it might end up where cocane is now, after all, what was the stimulant originally in coca-cola? Cocane?

    So there's 2 drugs that most people (me included) would use on a daily basis, then there's medicine, OTC and perscription, which also is classified as a drug

    Now would I ever do a hard drug? No way, I don't want to f*ck myself up, basically when it comes down to any drug not meant for good, I am aginst it

    Now sorry to all the drinkers out there, but i'm going to have to turn down drinking, only because my mother drinks and i've seen the effects, not something I like to see, same goes for smoking, the_loose_cannon said so herself, her father smoked and it caused her to have a smoking "hait", both my mother and my stepfather smoke, and I don't have an addiction (glad I don't), but it makes the house stink and at times I can barely stand staying inside

    So I would say, recreational (<spelling) based? I don't think so, if it helps for a medical or other important standpoint? I'd rethinnk it

    [edit]
    A little tidbit about smoking, for those of you who smoke around your computer, probably not a good idea to do so, the tar from the smoke can get inside your computer and #1 make it smell bad #2 break or wear down computer parts #3 can coat the CD/DVD-ROM/R/RW laser an make it unable to read discs #4, can get into the dust your computer has collected and make it hard for air to get around the system.

    Some of the things listed above can happen to your Wii also, so, your choice, but I wouldn't advise it
    Last edited by gamechaser001; 03-29-2007 at 02:58 PM.


    No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

    If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

  11. #300
    WiiChat Member Cap'n Meow's Avatar
    Member #
    2174
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    161
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I smoked cigs for years. Finally quit last year. I quit smoking weed about a year ago next month. I don't find anything wrong with marijuana. If you are smart and in a controlled environment(i.e. not driving, not taking care of someone, and not expected to do anything in the next hour or so) then there is nothing wrong with marijuana. Studies have even shown that marijuana has adverse effects that cigarettes hold. Like Chef says, "There is a time and place for everything, and its called college."

    I enjoy drinking and I'm not even talking about getting drunk. I enjoy the taste of nice whiskey or a good english ale. You have to remember that alot of things are best in moderation.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Your Views on Proper Grammar?
    By ARav989 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 03:19 PM
  2. England Smoking Ban
    By Wii_Smurf in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 05:41 PM
  3. Wii drinking games
    By TheMix in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 03:28 PM

Search tags for this page

fistpittingnork bong

,

group of children drinking , smoking ect.

,

page number in novel by lynn zimmer marijuana impairs memory and cognition. marijuana produces immediate, temporary chan

Click on a term to search for related topics.