LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    Meh, learn a bit about network security, and then maybe you will understand how these should be used.

In conjunction with a firewall on there own machine, with strict instructions on what to do, so crap like that doesn't happen, THEN you will be fine.
    Yeah, I was the problem

A DAT file issued by McAffee identified hundreds of normal executables as dangerous and deleted them...

This wasn't on my home system, I'm not stupid enough to use it at home...this was at work, on all the domain machines, which auto-update and auto-scan, per company regulations...

We had the whole thing fixed in a few hours, but it is funny when your AV software prevents anyone from running Office applications, although I suppose you could make an argument that it would be better that way from a security standpoint...

Do you even work in the IT industry? If you do you definitely should remember this event...but you're right...this was in no way a failing on McAffee's part...

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgoonz
    Yeah, I was the problem

A DAT file issued by McAffee identified hundreds of normal executables as dangerous and deleted them...

This wasn't on my home system, I'm not stupid enough to use it at home...this was at work, on all the domain machines, which auto-update and auto-scan, per company regulations...

We had the whole thing fixed in a few hours, but it is funny when your AV software prevents anyone from running Office applications, although I suppose you could make an argument that it would be better that way from a security standpoint...

Do you even work in the IT industry? If you do you definitely should remember this event...but you're right...this was in no way a failing on McAffee's part...

Oh i do work in the industry, only for a few years, but i have many a contact, in many an area of IT, many in network security, and my dad has connections with bill gates.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    Oh i do work in the industry, only for a few years, but i have many a contact, in many an area of IT, many in network security, and my dad has connections with bill gates.
    Bill Gates?!? Can I be your friend???

Why don't you get off McAffee's dick for two seconds? It's a software program, not your girlfriend...you don't need to defend its honor...

Although fanboyism is fascinating...it's like being a terrorist, just for geeks...so, in other words, unless you wrote the program, chill out...

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Who ever said i was a fanboy, i'm just defending a good peice of software from the glaring eyes of some possible fool's, WOAH so they made a mistake, freaking chill, did you blame dell for sony's battries faults as well?
    Mac Expert.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    No I blame Sony for the colsein of Liksang
    They will never be forgiven for that

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    2222-4356-6544-7565
    Ahem... AVG...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi
    Ahem... AVG...
    We have a winner! AVG is all I use...free, reliable, updated more frequently than ANY commercial antivirus software...

I especially like when I download it and the build date is the same as the current date...

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I use it on Windows because I get it free with Comcast. It seems to work ok but I don't use it much since I rarely use Windows any more. You could also get a Mac. Or at least use Linux. And Kiwi WTF is up with that dog ****ing a pokemon in your sig?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    It's a shame AVG isn't more well known...number of problems I've had with it = 0.

Number of problems I've had with the "big guys" = lost count (now granted, I'm not very bright, so I can't count all that high)...

Norton is probably the worst when it comes to infesting every nook and cranny of your system and being a real PITA to remove...

Member #
    Friends
    5877-9874-6442-6751
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    I use it on Windows because I get it free with Comcast. It seems to work ok but I don't use it much since I rarely use Windows any more. You could also get a Mac. Or at least use Linux. And Kiwi WTF is up with that dog ****ing a pokemon in your sig?
    PSHT! I wish I could get a mac! Those things are awesome. I especially love how the new ones come with a built in web-cam. I don't know why. The band teacher at my school has two of them in the band room.... And they say you don't make much off of teaching. Wait... No wonder my school sucks!

It sounds like I'm horny for Link...

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.

Anyone lookin to buy a DS: -No External Links

Ads