LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i HIGHLY suggest a samsung 1080p. when i was at the store looking for an HDTV, the samsungs ALWAYS looked better than the rest. ended up buying a 56" samsung 1080p TV and it look BEAUTIFUL! however mine is a DLP and those usually do look better lol

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    LCD's give you a brighter picture. DLP's give you a bigger screen and a faster refresh rate. I would go as far as saying "DLPs always look better"

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    0262-2648-0957-4340
    I'm looking to spend $500-600 on a tv including shipping. I know thats not much, but I can also live without 1080p as I'll upgrade in the future to a larger living room set and using this one as a bedroom set. Any recommendations Jorge?

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    LCD's give you a brighter picture. DLP's give you a bigger screen and a faster refresh rate. I would go as far as saying "DLPs always look better"
    Sorry I made a typo. I wouldn't go as far as saying "DLPs always look better"

You will be able to find a TV no problem, but I strongly recommend going to a store and checking out TVs in person first, and if at all possible buy from a store. Would you rather buy a TV that is back in a stock room that you can personally carry home, or would you rather have it mailed to you and be thrown around?

I can give you some recommendations, but TV image quality is 90% personal opinion. For a good cheap TV though, I would recommend a Westinghouse.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Sorry I made a typo. I wouldn't go as far as saying "DLPs always look better"

You will be able to find a TV no problem, but I strongly recommend going to a store and checking out TVs in person first, and if at all possible buy from a store. Would you rather buy a TV that is back in a stock room that you can personally carry home, or would you rather have it mailed to you and be thrown around?

I can give you some recommendations, but TV image quality is 90% personal opinion. For a good cheap TV though, I would recommend a Westinghouse.
    Do you guys think it would help if I created a HDTV Purchase Help thread? It seems like your 80% of the brains here Jorge, would you be willing to help people out? Because since HDTVs are the new things, a lot of people are trying to get into them

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I'll help people out, or they can PM me.

Proud Wii-S3 owner

Ads