LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5880-1161-5752-5548

question on running GW

im trying to run guild wars on my dell dimension 4100, and have to update the video card. Im not that good with hardware, so does anyone know if the NVIDIA GEFORCE 4 MX 420 AGP 64MB will run it?
    "The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think " - Miyamoto

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well your GFX Card is worse than mine and mine only runs GW on Minimum settings otherwise I get a ticket to Lags Ville. - You'll have to buy a new GFX Card

Check the back of the GW Box and buy a GFX Card a couple above their MINIMUM Requirements

See you got 64MB whereas I got 256mb

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    5880-1161-5752-5548
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Well your GFX Card is worse than mine and mine only runs GW on Minimum settings otherwise I get a ticket to Lags Ville. - You'll have to buy a new GFX Card

Check the back of the GW Box and buy a GFX Card a couple above their MINIMUM Requirements

See you got 64MB whereas I got 256mb
    lol ive read the back of the box, it reads
    "ATI radeon 8500, Nvidia GEFORCE 3 or 4 MX series with 32 megs or ram

didnt see that on there about the g4, but i have been looking for a radeon 8500, so i guess this will work. And on how much it lags, it also depends on your processor and ram. I have a P3 and 560 megs or ram, and im putting this in an older pc with the sole purpose of only running GW, so i hope this will do.
    "The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think " - Miyamoto

Im on more than you think bubba-ga-nush's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3369-4758-4482-0967
    Which GW did you buy? Hope you have bought prophecies or Nightfall ( preferably NF). Add me to your friends if you wish. My name is believe it or not Bubba Ga Nush. I'll help ya out if you need any.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That away, when you criticize them, you're a mile way and you have their shoes.

Member #
    Friends
    5880-1161-5752-5548
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba-ga-nush
    Which GW did you buy? Hope you have bought prophecies or Nightfall ( preferably NF). Add me to your friends if you wish. My name is believe it or not Bubba Ga Nush. I'll help ya out if you need any.
    lol ive had GW prophecies forever and i jsut got factions for 10 bucks by tricking wallmart. I might go back and get nightfall by doing the same.

Im on more than you think bubba-ga-nush's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3369-4758-4482-0967
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfnick
    lol ive had GW prophecies forever and i jsut got factions for 10 bucks by tricking wallmart. I might go back and get nightfall by doing the same.
    HAHA Sneaky Sneaky. NF I think is the best though. Waaayy to many Dervish's though. I made one and love mine though. I'm putting a ele through NF.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That away, when you criticize them, you're a mile way and you have their shoes.

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Don't waste your money on a 64mb graphics card. You can get a much nicer one for around $100 these days and it would do you much more good.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Ads