Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Guitar Hero 2 Lover Robertking1123's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1240-9149-8383-7207
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Zant
    say wha???

i consider a game beat if you make it through the core missions and see the end credits, what you did to get there and how much of it you did is irrelevant. You started the game, you finished the game. End of story.

Especially in regards to Zelda and Mario games, you can run through and do JUST the main stuff and be done in X amount of hours, or you can do the core game and the all the side quest and double even triple the time it takes to finish the game.

So, beating the game consists of only making it to the end and watching the credits. Everything else is just personal choice and gaming fluff.
    your just contradicting yourself. you just said you consider beating a game as what you believed.

i dont think the same way you do and like many people said there are too many games to try to support what you just typed. yea we can all rush through mario but what about the games that make you put in some work? i mean you could run through it, but you might not get the full ending or bad or even the ok ending. like i said valkery profile you can run through that game if you want but the ending would suck but if you do most of the things nedded to do you get the ok ending and if you do everything you get the best ending.

now again i dont wanna know if you agree with what i think about beating a game i wanna know has anyone beat any game in a quick amount of time.

since people dont seem to understand here is an example of a post from a diffrent forum.

Nintendo Survivor09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
    I beat Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes in like 1 hour 30 minutes. I also beat the original Super Mario Bros. in less than 10 mins if you allow the use of all those hidden warp pipes.

we already know about the warp pipe thing but i know people who went to each stage and beat it.

and metal gear solid is a pretty straight forward game but 1h 30 min damn thats what im talking about not do you agree with my veiw on beating a game.
    Add me and ill add you. Maybe when wii can play games online i can whoop your ass. till then send a message or a Mii. Also give a brotha some rep points. click the lil mushroom.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertking1123
    To: Sovieto

lets break this down

you: its up to player

me :what is what they consider beating the game? so if i keep losing on the last stage and i give the contoller to someone else and they defeate the boss is that beating the game. i mean i saw the ending.

you: you beat it the game when the game shows that you beat it

me: have you not played valkery profile that game has three endings and the only way you beat the game is if you got the b ending or the best a ending. what about silent hill or anyother game that has multiple endings if the game is really beat why did you see the "bad ending"?

you: you dont have to unlock everything in order to beat a game

me: where's the challenge i know people dont wanna play games that are too easy. back to guitar hero 2 i beat freebird frist time playing but i only got 3 stars. i could say i beat it but its not beating till i get 5 stars. even better what about abe's oddessy? you could run through it but, if you didnt save at least 50 muddockens they would save your ass in the end. but if you do they save you blah blah blah.

you: if you unlocked something you would say: i unlocked everything in that game
    meaning you beat it + got everything else there is to get
    if you say you beat the game, you got to the climax and defeated the main problem

me: that doesnt makes sense to me b/c you just said earlier that its up to the player and to me its not beating the game. if you didnt do everything i know you mean probably like zelda tryin to get all lil power up but, im talkin about like god of war. i completed story mode on spartan but i still havent beat challenge of the gods. so to me i have not beat that game. what about soinc adventure? you can complete everyone's story mode but they still have those other stages. like Sonic's beat the stage in less than 2 min, get 50 rings and destroy capsule.

just like you have your opinion about what is beating a game i have mine. but i wanted to know who beat what in a short amount of time not who thinks i am right about what i think about beating games
    meh i didnt even understand your post, i thought you had a question......
    it dose seem like anyone knows what your trying to say

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    1240-9149-8383-7207
    this is what i posted
    i see im going to have to break it down i said it quite clear but so many people want to challenge what i believe is called beating the game that they dont see the question mark.

I was looking at some forums here and other places and wanted to know how long does it take you to beat certain games?
    THAT WAS THE QUESTION THE REST WAS MY OPINION ABOUT WHAT BEATING A GAME IS!!!!!
    Add me and ill add you. Maybe when wii can play games online i can whoop your ass. till then send a message or a Mii. Also give a brotha some rep points. click the lil mushroom.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertking1123
    this is what i posted
    i see im going to have to break it down i said it quite clear but so many people want to challenge what i believe is called beating the game that they dont see the question mark.

I was looking at some forums here and other places and wanted to know how long does it take you to beat certain games?
    THAT WAS THE QUESTION THE REST WAS MY OPINION ABOUT WHAT BEATING A GAME IS!!!!!
    oh...
    took be a couple hours to beat gears of war
    meh idk

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Guillotine Fodder VampiricLugia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I played Halo on my PC on easy just to see what it was like and it took about a hour and a half to really run through. Then legendary took about 5-6.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I played Final Fantasy XI for 4 years and never came close to beating

I never really beat games. I know that sounds really retarded. It takes alot for me to get drawn into a game, and sometimes when a game gets tough I just say screw it and play something else.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    1240-9149-8383-7207
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    I played Final Fantasy XI for 4 years and never came close to beating

I never really beat games. I know that sounds really retarded. It takes alot for me to get drawn into a game, and sometimes when a game gets tough I just say screw it and play something else.

i understand completely. hell i have done that plenty of times hell i still have not beaten snake eater not cuz its hard just that i lose intrest its a great game but it has nothing to do with the first or second metal gear. and i will always have it so i can do it later when im bored but wil guitar hero 2 god of war and god hand marvel vs capcom 2 it seems i never get around to it

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    I consider "beating" a game when I have done EVERYTHING.

You can have SSB64 and beat the 1p mode and say you beat the game. To hell youve beat the game. You would only have unlocked Jiggypuff if you did that.

You can have Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and with the levels were you have to earn medals you could only get bronze and move on. Pffft you get gold if you want to beat the game.

You can have Zelda TP and pass all the temples and defeat Ganondorf but you havent collected all the pieces of heart or bugs. Well then you havent defeated the game.

You can have DKC 2 and defeat K.Rool but you may have not got all the DK symbols or not defeated the "Lost World" levels.

To me you have to do everything in order to say you have beat the game.

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    well if you played a game non stop it could be a day to a week to complete something

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    When I'm really into a game...usually about a week.
    But If I get preoccupied then probably a month or I'll stop completely for about 3 months.

Well do you?

Ads