+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A quick rant

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0554-7647-3242-2709

A quick rant

If you don't like rants hit the "Back" button now.

I can barely play my Wii because my TV is old and if the screen is dark then the picture ****s up severely and I can't see whats going on. SSX is really the only game I'm able to play because well, snow is white. Sonic, Red Steel, Zelda, CoD3...all basically unplayable. It will be about a month before I MIGHT have enough money for a new TV...

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Try turning the brightness up to 11

Also Ive had a rant on my blog
    http://www.wiichat.com/mii/Darkprinn...try&entryid=94
    Post coments about it on there
    Last edited by DBloke; 03-13-2007 at 01:45 AM.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Ah shit I didn't know we had blogs lol

Darkprinny I <3 you. I never thought about turning up the brightness since it never happened on dark screens...It practically never messes up now...TMNT trailer came on earlier tonight and I literally did not see a second of the trailer because my TV was messing up so bad. It just came on again and saw the whole thing without one mess up.

I'm still getting a new TV. I want high def...I may just knock it down on the priority list for a bit. It may not be long before it starts messing up with the brightness maxed out. This may allow me to save up more money and get a better and bigger TV.
    Last edited by Jorge; 03-13-2007 at 02:12 AM.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    Glad to see your TV troubles are settled.
    Enjoy your Wii.

Well do you?

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    i still want pseudo high-definition wii component cables ; ;

Proud Wii-S3 owner

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Ah shit I didn't know we had blogs lol

Darkprinny I <3 you. I never thought about turning up the brightness since it never happened on dark screens...It practically never messes up now...TMNT trailer came on earlier tonight and I literally did not see a second of the trailer because my TV was messing up so bad. It just came on again and saw the whole thing without one mess up.

I'm still getting a new TV. I want high def...I may just knock it down on the priority list for a bit. It may not be long before it starts messing up with the brightness maxed out. This may allow me to save up more money and get a better and bigger TV.
    What kind of tv do you have now?

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    27" magnavox that was probably bought when I was born

Proud Wii-S3 owner

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    27" magnavox that was probably bought when I was born
    I see... well there are some tv's that are not that expensive... under 200 dolars you can get a 27" flat panel, maybe for 100, but if you really want to get into HDtv and not change your tv; I recommend you save and not buy anything else for the wii... since your experience with the HDtv is going to be amazing.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    A 27" flat panel for $100????? Even if I had the oppurtunity to buy that I wouldn't. You get what you pay for and that is ever so true with televisions.

Proud Wii-S3 owner

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    A 27" flat panel for $100????? Even if I had the oppurtunity to buy that I wouldn't. You get what you pay for and that is ever so true with televisions.
    not true.... if you research

you just have to read feedback, or complains.. you find faster complains that good feedback... about 3 years ago I bought my 27" apex tv for 130 bucks... that tv was awesome... nothing never happen.. the only thing is that the channels changed very slow, so it will go black for a little bit, but once you are settle, nothing ever happened... I played my gamecube and ps2 in that tv, very happy... now I just bought a plasma... so I am getting rid of it without complains...

oh by the way... haier is a new brand name on lcd HDTV's made by LG, very cheap, but worth the money...

Ads